Blake Acres

Remove this Banner Ad

My thought is that Blake Acres may not be a long term player imo if he remains too inconsistent. Someone else will probably push him out sooner rather than later.

On AOSP on Manta using BigFooty.com mobile app

At this stage it appears his position in the side is ”wing or bust”. Injury aside it will be up to him to make it his own. Not confident he is consistent enough though.🤷‍♂️

He is OK... not sure how he has a highlights reel though. There may be some upside and this year will determine if he is best 22.

There is a legitamate role in the team for a player who will run and run to be the third player in that triangle handball formation that frees another player to be creative or gives the likes of Hughes/Conca etc someone to pass the ball backwards to instead of panic kicking the ball forward.

If that player works his man over so he is in free space to offer that relief option, it's workable.

I think both Acres and Giro were playing this role last match and our midfield spread looked a lot better, partly I think because they knew Giro and Acres were covering their men closer to the ball.

For someone who is the same size as Fyfe and Mundy he doesn’t win many contested ball. What’s the point of being a big bodied midfielder who doesn’t crash and bash? What’s the point of playing him on the wing? He’s slow and doesn’t defend.

He is a good team mate and really nice guy though.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

If he is in our best 22 we aren't premiership material. We aren't at that stage yet, which means he's doing enough in a team that's aiming to make the eight
If you go back and look at premiership sides he wouldn’t be he worst player to get a medal.

Anyway, weird for a new poster to start off with a thread specifically designed to bag one of our players.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I have always thought if both are fit, Bewley beats him out for the wing role.

Probably has the tools, just looks hesitant.

I have always thought if both are fit, Bewley beats him out for the wing role.

Probably has the tools, just looks hesitant.
What's the story with Bewley ?
Is he due back any time soon or another TBC ?

Who is Blake acres ?

The promise from him (and from St Kilda fans) is that he'll be fine if he's given a defined role in one position - likely on the ball. He's been moved around as much with us as he was with St Kilda. But whenever he's been on-ball in pre season games he's killed it. I'm not sure why he hasn't been given that role during a regular season game.

Anyone reckon BHill is looking the shadow of the player he was with us..!?!? I mean Hills gained a few kg’s, but gees picking up Acres as a trade pick up at best he’s bottom six best 22, noting hey he’s also two years younger than Hill so guess he has some time. Reckon that Serong, O’Driscoll and Walker as steak knives might just help the outcome apparently they may be ok players too....