Blaming Umpires For A Loss

Remove this Banner Ad

Teams by Free Kick Differential after Round 5

1. Western Bulldogs - FF 116 to FA 74 +42 (note: most free kicks for and least free kicks against for the season so far)
2. Essendon - FF 112 to FA 92 +20
3. Collingwood - FF 105 to FA 90 + 15
4. North Melbourne - FF 106 to FA 93 +13
5. Hawthorn - FF 111 to FA 100 +11

=14. Carlton - FF 92 to FA 107
=14. Richmond - FF 102 to FA 117 -15
16. Port Adelaide - FF 89 to FA 106 -17
17. Fremantle - FF 83 to FA 102 -19
18. Geelong - FF 107 to FA 128 -21

Gee, knowing BF you'd think they'd be having a meltdown about the umpiring bias towards the Doggies. I've seen heaps of threads about the Hawks obviously being favoured by the umpires but none for the Doggies. I mean look at that free kick differential, twice as much as no.2. But the AFL and everyone else just loves the Doggies so of course there going to let it slide and pretend there is nothing going on.

1. Western Bulldogs - FF 116 to FA 74 +42 (note: most free kicks for and least free kicks against for the season so far)

Gee, knowing BF you'd think they'd be having a meltdown about the umpiring bias towards the Doggies. I've seen heaps of threads about the Hawks obviously being favoured by the umpires but none for the Doggies. I mean look at that free kick differential, twice as much as no.2. But the AFL and everyone else just loves the Doggies so of course there going to let it slide and pretend there is nothing going on.
Yes I for one will admit we've been lucky with umpiring so far - some of the decisions in our favour leave me baffled!

However our closest win so far has been 36 points over Carlton and they only got closer in junk time. You can't possibly say the umpires have contributed to our 4 wins. Percentage? Sure maybe they've boosted us by 20% - that will be less by the end of the year.

Whereas Hawthorn have won their last 3 games by 3 points (haven't watched said games so I'm not judging) and the last 3 flags and not surprisingly opposition supporters will look for favouritism. Confirmation bias etc.

Didn't realise we were so high up the list. Maybe that's a sign of showing a desire to get the footy first and drawing the free kicks I'm not sure.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

From an opposition supporter's point of view, 'free kick Hawthorn' becoming a meme is great because you know the umps will start second guessing everything now :p

Didn't upset the umps with Selwood or at the house of pain

From an opposition supporter's point of view, 'free kick Hawthorn' becoming a meme is great because you know the umps will start second guessing everything now :p

West Coast will continue to be +300 at the end of the year for home games, so all is good there.

Lol - how can they contest that free?

Not only that, the Adelaide player ended up rolling over the top of Poppy's head. If it wasnt a mark it was a free kick.

The longer it remains in both media and social media, will only create more angst at AFL house and they will be aware of the publics apetite for more sledging. Absolute loving the hawthorn flogs willigness to continue tio defend it!

The longer it remains in both media and social media, will only create more angst at AFL house and they will be aware of the publics apetite for more sledging. Absolute loving the hawthorn flogs willigness to continue tio defend it!

Oh boy your tears taste wonderful.

You want hawk supporters to Join in a conspiracy theory

Remove this Banner Ad

Back