Universal Love Blast from the past

Remove this Banner Ad

I have seen 12 HFC premierships but this is my single favourite moment.
The start of what would be our threepeat. Priceless.View attachment 742467

I love this man. I love everything he has done for our club. I love when we traded for him flogs like mike Sheahan didn’t rate him because he hadn’t had many 30+ possie games. These mental pygmies don’t understand that it’s not how many times you get it but it’s what you do with it. He was/is a Sherman tank without the ball and a rolls Royce with it.

His first quarter in the 2014 GF was superb. 10 touches 100% DE.

Last quarter last round vs Swans was epic.

I have seen 12 HFC premierships but this is my single favourite moment.
The start of what would be our threepeat. Priceless.View attachment 742467

The emotional roller coaster. Being well in control when the cats came back (still blame umpires) to get 20 up
Thinking here we go again loss number 13 coming up
Then we came back, exstacy

So much noise not too many heard the siren, least of all cyril who passed off after the siren, lucky it wasnt closer

I'm the same. I've seen em all. But I've never heard a Hawk crowd roar like this. Was from deep down in the gut. We all knew.
I have said this before and yet i must say it again. It was my birthday my whole family was there including some extended family some bomber and blues supporters who were giving me s**t at 3qtr time. Oh so sweet

I'm the same. I've seen em all. But I've never heard a Hawk crowd roar like this. Was from deep down in the gut. We all knew.
Agree. Never heard a Hawks crowd as loud and emotional as that night. I saw lots of tears and strangers hugging strangers. What a beautiful night.

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk

So many. I've been watching the Hawks since 1978. My fondest memories are of players' start and end. I was there for Crawford's first game, and thought we had something special - I was there for his last game too (not that I knew it at the time). Same for Dunstall, I even had a chat to the great man, very briefly, after the game. Man he was cooked. There's been others. love one club players and I have really enjoyed being there at both ends of some of our greats' careers.

Round 3 - April 2014 GF Rematch V Freo.

To me this passage of play and the entire first quarter epitomizes the Hawks 3-peat. Not to mention Bruce's call "Cyril caresses it down someone's throat (Bruests).

3:10 into the video but worth watching it from the beginning to get you in the mood. 6th goal - could watch this a 1000 times and not be bored!

On Nexus 6P using BigFooty.com mobile app

To me this passage of play and the entire first quarter epitomizes the Hawks 3-peat. Not to mention Bruce's call "Cyril caresses it down someone's throat (Bruests).

3:10 into the video but worth watching it from the beginning to get you in the mood. 6th goal - could watch this a 1000 times and not be bored!

In fact the entire 2014 season
1. The Buddy defection
2. The injuries
3. Clarko illness
4. Beating Buddy and the Swans in the GF and proving that a champion team can cover the loss of any player
5. Roughies demolition of Hannerbury
6. Silencing the entire media pre-gf who were all on the Buddy Swans bandwagon

I'm not sure we'll ever see a better season than 2014!

I remember being at this game and just watching in awe in the first half. It was just brutally amazing.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back