General Bombers Talk Blast From the Past.....

Remove this Banner Ad

I dont mind, John Barnes was a very smart pick up for those couple of years and is a premiership player, Jeff White isn't :D
Agree. John Barnes was a great pickup, as much as I hate to admit it, given that Steve Alessio is my favourite player of all time.

Agree. John Barnes was a great pickup, as much as I hate to admit it, given that Steve Alessio is my favourite player of all time.

I remember Essendon beating Richmond by 100 points at the MCG one Saturday afternoon, Allessio kicked 4, Lloyd another bag and JJ was BOG. ah, them were the days

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Okay, Blumfield debuted in 1996, definitely.

So I'll stab at Lucas and Blumfield.

Nope not Blumfield. Lucas was 999 and Blumfield was 1001 (going by a website I respect - an encyclopedia of info).

Hint: He was part of a trade and made his debut for Essendon in 1996 against the Doggies

Nope not Blumfield. Lucas was 999 and Blumfield was 1001 (going by a website I respect - an encyclopedia of info).

Hint: He was part of a trade and made his debut for Essendon in 1996 against the Doggies
Lucas and Barry Young?

Lucas Yes, Young No. Surprisingly, Young played quite a few games morehe was 986th and debuted in 1994.
I just checked who it is. I won't spoil it, but I was tossing up between young and 2 others, one of which is correct

For anyone, like me, who remembers Blumfield being the 1000th player fanfare, I found reference to a re-check discovering that a player named Gardiner was in fact two players named Gardiner, so poor old Justin got shunted up a spot.

I've looked it up too, so won't spoil the fun.

For anyone, like me, who remembers Blumfield being the 1000th player fanfare, I found reference to a re-check discovering that a player named Gardiner was in fact two players named Gardiner, so poor old Justin got shunted up a spot.

I've looked it up too, so won't spoil the fun.

Thanks for the clarificaiton as when you mentioned the fanfare is jolted my memory.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back