International Club Rugby Bledisloe I - ANZ Stadium 18th August

Remove this Banner Ad

Until the Wallabies can match or better the ABs at the breakdown it’s hard to see a win. Second phase is too slow to stop the defence from regrouping. It never felt like the Abs would lose and I’d expect them to wind it up a notch or two next week on their home patch. There’s some pain ahead if they can stick more of those offloads.

And I agree that it's no shame losing to the All Blacks. I just wish we would go down fighting and attacking than going into the match with a side that's never going to really trouble them, but will limit the loss.

This. Release the shackles and just go for broke. So what if you lose.

Bob Dwyer perfectly sums up the game for the Wallabies IMO: http://www.greenandgoldrugby.com/dwyers-view-all-blacks-way-good/

Don't really agree with his assessment of Sekope Kepu, I thought he got to a lot of contests and made an impact.

But the main thing is that we really are going nowhere. In the 5 years under Deans we have gone absolutely nowhere and arguably backwards. Yes, we're the second best ranked team in the world, but that has more to do with PdV screwing the Boks and the inability of France and England to get their s**t together.

Another note: Although I was a big fan of the Deans appointment, I was worried that his tenure was going to end up this way. What got me concerned was the fact that Deans was the main reason the All Blacks choked in the 2003 WC, he was the one that insisted on playing Leon MacDonald out of position at 13. We're still seeing the same type of selection blunders.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back