Blicavs retirement?

Remove this Banner Ad

Don't tell the Hawks supporters or Rohan Connolly that. For a couple of years they were on a Selwood doesn't perform in finals crusade.

It was all based off Champion Data leading into the 2010 finals series.
His poor game in the 07 Prelim, combined with his absolute shocker in the 09 QF made his averages look pretty ordinary.

They overlooked the fact he had already put in 4 excellent finals performances (07 QF, 08 PF & GF, 09 PF) and another very good Grand Final in 09.

I guess he's a good example that finals consistency can be hard to find for young players, but since his 4th season he hasn't played a bad final, in fact he's been outstanding in the majority, even in our losses.

Last edited:
His poor game in the 07 Prelim, combined with his absolute shocker in the 09 QF made his averages look pretty ordinary.

They overlooked the fact he had already put in 4 excellent finals performances (07 QF, 08 PF & GF, 09 PF) and another very good Grand Final in 09 was overlooked.

I guess he's a good example that finals consistency can be hard to find for young players, but since his 4th season he hasn't played a bad final, in fact he's been outstanding in the majority, even in our losses.

How was his game in 2009 QF a shocker? I can't recall the game myself.

They overlooked the fact he had already put in 4 excellent finals performances (07 QF, 08 PF & GF, 09 PF) and another very good Grand Final in 09 was overlooked.

That's right, it was based of supercoach points wasn't it?

Further proof that people that take them as absolute oracles are f**kwits

They overlooked the fact he had already put in 4 excellent finals performances (07 QF, 08 PF & GF, 09 PF) and another very good Grand Final in 09.

He only started playing in 2007. Not sure you can call any finals performance from a first, second or third year player "poor" or "a shocker". Most would struggle to even be in a finals team at that stage in their career. Suppose the standards people set for him shows how good he was.

He only started playing in 2007. Not sure you can call any finals performance from a first, second or third year player "poor" or "a shocker". Most would struggle to even be in a finals team at that stage in their career. Suppose the standards people set for him shows how good he was.

The Pre-lim in 07 was just a young player struggling in a final, which surprised a few given he'd just won the rising star and dominated his first final. He was definately unfairly rated for a first to third year player.

However, re-watch his 2009 QF, the year he was first selected to the All Australian Team. You can't call it anything other than a "shocker."

After two JLT games are we any wiser on Blicavs role in the team?

I'd like to see Stanley play a full game at CHF/forward ruck, with Smith and Blicavs sharing the central/defensive ruck duties.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back