BLIGHT, YOU RAT!

Remove this Banner Ad

crowz4eva

Senior List
Nov 30, 2000
Malcolm blight is an arsehole, dont worry st.kilda suporters. If yous dont do well thsiseason blighty will retire and say eh doesnt have passion for the game anymore. Exactly what he did to us. Two premierships, then 99 was a bad season, blighty quits!

Surely you cat blamethe guy for leaving. When he thought that he could be of no use anymore at Adelaide heleft.

Iwould much rather that than a coach who was no use anyway but still wanted to hang around.

Also he did coach Adelaide to their first two premierships. So you cant really complain...

True Blighty did lead Adelaide to two premierships but to be honest both years the crows were far from the best team all year,after they had no hope of making the finals he quit with a year left on his contract having :
A.... destroyed a club champion
B.... sent the clubs most consistent forward packing to Freo
C.... sent another goalsneak to Richmond(for nothing )
D.... sent a premiership player to West Coast

There is not much talent from the "Blight Years" as far as from his recruiting alot of his premiership players can be linked directly to previous coach Robert Shaw who unfortunately couldn't cut it as a senior coach but has proven his insight in the game with his involvement with the crows and now at Essendon

So good luck saints fans if you want to see Robert Harvey shipped off, Spider Everitt given away and then a quick runner to channel 7 .

Thankyou Malcolm for the flags but not for the future af the Adelaide Footy club

GO CROWS 2001

Isnt it weird, Connell never had kicking problems with Shaw, then Blight came, put so much pressure on him, he wrecked poor matty's confidence! Thatz right shaw brang in Mcleod,Jarman,Connell,Vardy, Goodwin

I dont think enough credit is geven to Robert Shaw. I know he wasn't a very good tactical coach and his dedication to the top job wqas questionable, but his ability to identify talent and character in young players seems very good.

St Kilda please talk Malcolm into coaching again. Then we know that Gary Ayres will not be here long because he would be at St Kilda as soon as Blighty leaves.

Crows4eva,

Show a bit of respect, you idiot. This guy delivered you TWO Grand Final wins, then you have a go at him. You should be treating him as a club legend.

Still, I can't blame him for leaving. I'd want to leave Adelaide to. He obviously saw no future there, confirmed by 13th, and 11th finished the last two years. Not to mention multple "double figure placings" in the early-mid 1990's.

Adelaide has just been a big disappointment since 1991. Two Grand Final wins, initially "disguise" that disappointment, but on closer inspection, the club has struggled to win gams over 10 years. For a club that is supposedly the richest, and with 40,000 members, the fact they have never done better than 13-9 is a disgrace.

They've mised the finals 7 times in 10 years, which is pathetic for a club with their resources.

As saints football director Grant Thomas said, "If he was to win one premiership at St Kilda he would be immortalised"

I am at a loss to understand people whinging about a guy who won coached them to two premerships.

Unbelievable!

If he coached us to two premierships and left, I would have nothing but admiration for him.

I get the distinct impression that some people have been brought up on success and take it for granted.

From someone brought up on losing, ENJOY YOUR TEAMS PREMIERSHIPS, THEY CAN NEVER BE TAKEN AWAY!

[This message has been edited by sainter (edited 09 September 2000).]

I dont care what yous say, Blighty is a NTTAWWT, and when the saints come to fotball park, hell cop a hammering from the crows supporters!

So G4E has toned down and is now almost acceptable but we now herald the arrival of his twin brother C4E.

Cast from the same mold i think.

Dan24
Crows may make the most profit but they are definately not the richest. They only get to keep 10% of their nprofit. The rest is given to the nine SANFL clubs as the owners of the license.

That probably puts them and The Power, who are on a very similar arrangement, at or near the bottom of richness.

Servo,

Fair enough point on the finances.

I still think they have immensely underachieved. 2 premierships in 10 years sounds outstanding at face value, but it just "masks", "covers-up" and "disguises" some very bad years. I just don't get how a club with all those resources can win significantly less than 50% of their games over a 10 year period.

The Crows in my view are one of the big disappointments of the national comp. Harsh call I know, but I'm sure the Crows would desperately love to win a real "deserved" premiership. A flag where they can legitimately say that "Yes, we are the best".

Sadly, the football world, regards Adelaide as flukes in 1997-98. That's probably harsh on the team, but unfortunately, that's what people think. I'm not saying I think that way, but until you dominate a season and win a Grand Final, you won't be given any respect.

The Crows claim about not getting any respect after they won premierships. That's because they weren't the best team, and they are "regarded" as flukes.

To me, they've been a big disappointment over the 10 years. Great efort to win thiose Grand Final, though, but when you best ever season is only 13-9, you are going to be treated harshly.

Cant argue with you Dan

As a Crow supporter I was and still am ecstatic with the two flags. The lack of general season success has been a great dissappointment though.

Without looking at the stats I suspect our 93 season was our best with I think 14 wins and a prelim final. (shoulda beaten ya that day)

Having said that there are a fair few clubs would love to trade our 90's results for theirs.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Servo,

In 1993 you had 12-8 (in a 20 game Home and away season)

Yo should have betaen us on the day, but over the course of the season (we finished top) I think we deserved to be in the Grand Final in 1993.

Obviously a lot of clubs would love to have the Crows two premierships. The Crows have achieved the ultimate success, but they havn't achieved continual, consistent success,in terms of finals appearances.

One way to rectify this, would be to get rid of Gary Ayres. He is a poor imitation of Blight. Very poor.

Again I can't argue with you.
wink.gif

I don't understand why you Crowz supporters have it in for Blighty. As an Eagles supporter, I can honestly say that I hold no grudge or anything on Mick Malthouse for leaving. He realised he could do no more for us and that it was best that he leave. However, he did leave behind some wonderful memories, 2 Premiership flags, 10 years in the finals and some big boots to fill. I still respect Mick and understand his reasons for leaving.
I don't know how you could treat a legend of the game and of your club with such disrespect. It is unbelievable.

Bec

------------------
Scotti is the best!
Eagles Rock 4 Eva!!

How can you have anything but respect for a man who has taken a generally mediocre side over their 10 years in the comp., and coach them to two flags in three years. Don't get spoilt by success, because it could be a long time before you taste it again. Premierships are very hard to come by remember, and Blighty took you to two of them in his three years at the club. That is something you should adore him for if you are a true follower of the footy club.

Remember the following clubs have not won one since, Melbourne 1964, St Kilda 1966, Sydney/South 1933, Footscray/Bulldogs 1954, Geelong 1963, Brisbane, Fremantle and Port never (yet), and Collingwood one since 1958. So what more do you want. Success to that degree (back to back) is not something that you can expect to regularly achieve in modern day football.

So get off Blight's back. He achieved the ultimate for your club in successive years, so enjoy the memories and hold the coach up with the respect he rightly deserves. It could be another 50 years before you get the chance to enjoy the feeling. (The same is true for any club!)

Cheers, ArdenSt

I think Blight leaving the Crows was a bit different from Malthouse leaving West Coast. Blight said he was burnt out from too much footy, and was leaving coaching for good. Then suddenely 12 months later, all is ok again. Also the way he's been mouthing off about the Saints since Stan was sacked makes his decision to coach them a mockery (if he DOES actually decide to take up the position). Malthouse spent 10 years with the Eagles, and maybe their fans can understand why he'd want a change. Was his contract up? Blighty had 12 months to go when he pulled the pin with Adelaide. Our chairman offered to give him 6 months off to re-charge his batteries, but he said "No, football and Malcolm Blight are parting ways." Hmmmmm.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back