Blitz All Australian?

Remove this Banner Ad

I agree on the first two but i'm interested in your thoughts on the Norm Smith?
1_GFHaWC15GF0726.jpg

Doesn't deserve a spot on the list according to many in here: https://www.bigfooty.com/forum/threads/mark-blicavs.1061040

I never understood how people didn't rate the guy. Game in having almost no footy experience, was tearing it up as third man up/extra mid. They changed the rule, which literally should be called the Blicavs Rule, to stop it. He found the going tough a little to find a real spot on the team, but worked on defense, tagging some blokes like Pendles and Fyfe and giving them a bath. They then moved him down back and he is dominating again.

Some supporters are so quick to jump on players in the early days. There are very few AFL footballers who are any good under 20 games, consistent at all under 50 and we all know it usually takes the big guys, and in particular those utility types even longer to develop.

Reports out of the club is that he is a training beast, both from a physical and mental aspect (his ability to learn and follow concepts). Sounds like he goes alright on the town as well the big man!

What a ******* legend. All those in the thread connected who bagged him out and wrote him off, line up to give your apologies!

I talked him up as a key defender option when
Henderson went down pre season.
Most have come round since then.
He's a great example to the others in the back half.
Cheers frggr you were onboard real early.

Last edited:
Doesn't deserve a spot on the list according to many in here: https://www.bigfooty.com/forum/threads/mark-blicavs.1061040

I never understood how people didn't rate the guy. Game in having almost no footy experience, was tearing it up as third man up/extra mid. They changed the rule, which literally should be called the Blicavs Rule, to stop it. He found the going tough a little to find a real spot on the team, but worked on defense, tagging some blokes like Pendles and Fyfe and giving them a bath. They then moved him down back and he is dominating again.

Some supporters are so quick to jump on players in the early days. There are very few AFL footballers who are any good under 20 games, consistent at all under 50 and we all know it usually takes the big guys, and in particular those utility types even longer to develop.

Reports out of the club is that he is a training beast, both from a physical and mental aspect (his ability to learn and follow concepts). Sounds like he goes alright on the town as well the big man!

What a ******* legend. All those in the thread connected who bagged him out and wrote him off, line up to give your apologies!
Subconsciously (at least), there’s resentment from some who can’t believe a steeplechaser became a handy AFL footballer.

This just on AFL inside info page

"I think he tips out Alex Rance as we sit here right now for the All-Australian full back."

Matthew Lloyd on Mark Blicavs, AFL.com.au

This season, Mark Blicavs has spearheaded the Number 1 Defence in the completion, conceding a total of 3 goals to his direct opponents and keeping the following players goalless:

Jesse Hogan (3rd in Coleman)
Charlie Dixon
Jonathan Patton
Will Hoskin-Elliot (7th in Coleman)
Charlie Curnow
Ben Brown (1st in Coleman)

Fellow All-Australian fullback fancy Alex Rance has conceded a total of 41 goals to his direct opponents this year, keeping the following players goalless:

Nil
GTFO with your worthless stats.

We only accept rhetoric, analogies, anecdotes and narrative when judging a player.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back