BLK Clash Guernsey

Remove this Banner Ad

The clash guernsey has to stay in place for two years, its AFL policy. The only reason that we got out of the claw mark after one was because it was so dreadful. The only changes I want is a rotation between red and yellow base on the Alternate jumper just to keep things fresh.

Would also like to see a red one next year.

Our guernseys should never change now. We've finally got them right!
Replace the white one with red, simples. Can avoid every clash with those 3 options.
If yellow is good enough for Richmond and red is good enough for Essendon, we should grow some balls and stand up to the AFL and tell them until those clubs get a white clash (ie. never), we're rolling with the red and yellow.

Replace the white one with red, simples. Can avoid every clash with those 3 options.
If yellow is good enough for Richmond and red is good enough for Essendon, we should grow some balls and stand up to the AFL and tell them until those clubs get a white clash (ie. never), we're rolling with the red and yellow.
What do we wear against Gold Coast? (I know the obvious answer is our home, but the AFL somehow don't)

What do we wear against Gold Coast? (I know the obvious answer is our home, but the AFL somehow don't)
Common sense prevails (a dream, I know) and we wear home. If Richmond and Carlton don't clash, and Essendon doesn't clash with our home, neither does Gold Coast.

The issue with our home Guernsey is that despite being a blue base, there's so much yellow and red, it can cause a clash with a lot.

I do wonder whether we eliminate one or two stripes and have a larger blue base of it'd still look good and not cause a clash.

I counted 3 or 4 instances in isolation on Saturday where there was a direct turnover from a players peripherals confusing them.

Common sense prevails (a dream, I know) and we wear home. If Richmond and Carlton don't clash, and Essendon doesn't clash with our home, neither does Gold Coast.
The ones I hate
Carlton and Collingwood. Sure. Carlton is 90% dark and Collingwood just the 60% dark, but it's the base on the back and sides which causes issues from a distance.

Sydney and gws. Look from behind. All orange vs all red. How is this not a clash.

And I am intrigued in freo west coast now this year. With west coast returning the wings its purple vs navy blue.

There's too many clashes in this league.

Wish everyone had a primary Guernsey and a white one like the NFL/NBA etc And if Geelong wants to wear their white for home games like Dallas do, let them.

And if a club has a suitable alternate (like the lakers) in yellow. Let them where that. (So let us go yellow rather than white)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back