Gaming Blood Bowl 2

Remove this Banner Ad

I can't tell what on earth is going on
It's turn-based. As in like chess. Each side gets like 3 moves to make first, then the other gets three turns to make. Total 16 moves allowed per side. And whomever has scored the most points in those 16 moves total per side per game, wins.

What you see in the video then is.....There's a coin-toss, team wins coin-toss and elects to receive. The other team kicks off. Ok so then you have a formation like NFL, and one side gets to make three moves, putting players in their formation somewhere on the field. Then the other team gets three moves, putting players in their formation somewhere on the field, often in response to what the first side did. Then the ball gets snapped, and the play happens of those 6 moves. Then the first team gets another three moves, then the other, the play of that initial snap continues.

Result being off ONE PLAY, a team scores a TD, or loses a fumble and the other team recovering. If the ball changes possession, then the other team gets the ball, and a new formation line up happens. Three moves vs three moves.

The game is very short -- only 16 moves per side allowed. So often you get low-scoring games. After the kick-off, the two teams line up for a play. One team in it's first three moves often scores quickly. Then the other team gets the ball back, and scores or doesnt. that's about 6-9 moves of the allowed 16 per side. So the game often ends with a low score.

Blood bowl involves moving all your players until you make a mistake. Is a great game and recommend to start with the two traditional powerhouses in Orcs and Humans. It can be fun being Dark Elves but the armor value of orcs makes them long lasting but slower to score.
Human teams can score in 2 plays. Dwarves in 4 IF they are lucky. Halflings can do it in 1 turn but their teams suck due to poor strength and lack of armor.
You can get the game super cheap as it is old now.
It's like the original board game. Rules are solid IF you stick to main teams. IMO Strength is better than agility.

Ah. Yeah im looking at xbox and it's still 56 aud. But I definitely want to get this game asap and give it a whirl.
One of my favorites but no time to play it any more....
Lots of playability and tactic choices. I don't have Xbox version, so can't sell my now unused disks.

It's turn-based. As in like chess. Each side gets like 3 moves to make first, then the other gets three turns to make. Total 16 moves allowed per side. And whomever has scored the most points in those 16 moves total per side per game, wins.

Nah, that's not really true.

Your turn continues until you expend all of your available players actions, or until you 'fail' a roll and are knocked down.

I used to play the Blood Bowl "board game" back in the early 90s... was like Dungeons & Dragons mixed with Gridiron. Was great to play, games got quite heated lol

Played Blood Bowl 1 on PC about 5 years ago and although it was good was buggy/glitchy as crap!

I look forward to giving this one a whirl soon.

I used to play the Blood Bowl "board game" back in the early 90s... was like Dungeons & Dragons mixed with Gridiron. Was great to play, games got quite heated lol

Played Blood Bowl 1 on PC about 5 years ago and although it was good was buggy/glitchy as crap!

I look forward to giving this one a whirl soon.
It is good. But wait for the price drops. The first version was terribly glitchy. My players had too high a chance of gaining strength increases and being killed in that version.

I bought it early so I could play the beta and I was disappointed that it was not as in depth as I was expecting

I have like 2 hours play time and haven't even played it since it was released, games are just too slow and bland for my liking.

So thats a nice $60 down the drain.

Also. Screw the dwarves!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I bought it early so I could play the beta and I was disappointed that it was not as in depth as I was expecting

I have like 2 hours play time and haven't even played it since it was released, games are just too slow and bland for my liking.

So thats a nice $60 down the drain.

Also. Screw the dwarves!
You have to like turn based games, otherwise.... Don't buy it!

Reikland Reavers ;) So obvious Oakland Raiders.

Playing Campaign mode, played first preseason game, won 2-0. But didn't have a ****'ing clue what i was actually doing.
All players have tackle zones immediately around them, if someone moves through there, they could be tripped up. If a player is next to a single opponent, he can apply an assist to a block. This a assist is an increase to strength of 1 point. If you are stronger than your opponent, you roll 2 dice instead of 1 dice.
The reavers are a solid team to start with.

So ive been lucky to date :)

Yeah. The success of moving out of the tackle zone depends upon a roll (which is affected by variables such as agility, and player traits like 'slinky'). Do not suggest doing it with Black Orcs.

The basic playing principle you want to get across: carry out low risk actions first, high risk actions last.

My game in a Blood Bowl tournament on the opening NFL weekend. Thankfully it was against a youtuber/ twitch streamer for all your glory.

Slowly learning the game - might do a BF team soon.

So some people may have wondered where I've been the past few months

Kind of lost my passion for the NFL and jumped straight into the Blood Bowl community.

In our Winter there will be a new legendary edition coming with 8 new teams + the 8 DLC teams for 24 teams in general so if you can wait do so.
Community is significantly larger on PC than PS4 but there is a PS4 community. Game is growing significantly with large video game streamers showing the game.

Any questions just ask.

never noticed this thread before. I also played the board game in early 90's was great fun.

I can't remember the exact name of the race I was but they were human Vikings (was it norseman?) I also played a bit of elves as well.

was a great game when I played as I had about 8 mates, who all knew what they were doing and we would have tournaments.

Also played the XBOX version, and thought it was ok, but I lose interest on video games.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back