Blood Sugar Sex Magik or Nevermind

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The Passenger

Mr. Mojo Risin'
AFL Club
West Coast
smasha said:
Blood Sugar is a superb album but I picked Nirvana cause when I remember hearing Smells Like Teen Spirit on the radio ,it was something unbelivable and real.

That one song probably spawned the whole"grunge" movement.
it definetaly did and as great as the song is, i still debate that is was one of the worst things to happen to rock music.

Every band of that style that comes out now tries to do what Nirvana did. But 1) it's already been done and if there's one thing we know about rock music, to be popular you gotta do something that's original and 2) No one can do it even half as good as Nirvana did.

35eye

Club Legend
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Blood Sugar Sex Magik all the way!

I love every song on this album. It is the best Chili Peppers release. Absolutely timeless and I play it regularly.

I was just watching Funky Monks through the week and marvelling at what an amazing job Rick Rubin did in bringing it together. If it wasn't for him, Under the Bridge would have remained a bunch of words in one of Anthony Kiedis' notebooks.

A brilliant balance of ballads, before a fierce jolt back to funk and rock. If I had to pick my top 3 songs I'll go The Greeting Song, Sir Psycho Sexy and Under The Bridge.

Has anyone read Anthony Kiedis' book yet?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The_Flying_Egg

Norm Smith Medallist
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Other Teams
Barnsley FC, Bulls, Heart
35eye said:
Has anyone read Anthony Kiedis' book yet?
I've read it and it was awesome. Some of the stuff he's done is amazing and ********ed up at the same time.

It gets a bit repetitive after a while though, he gets on drugs, goes to rehab, stays off em for a while, goes on a binge and is back on them again, but its still one of the best books I've read (not a big reader though)

It mentions how a lot of the songs came about, including Under the Bridge, and it doesn't seem like he's holding anything back

lioness

Brownlow Medallist
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Fitzroy
SydneyBomber said:
rhcp for me thanks.
Same here. And yes, believe it or not people I've heard the album and the Nirvana one, had a friend who was into that stuff who I lived with. Not sure about the Metallica one because I don't think I've heard it.

I'm sure some of you will be stunned. :p

Mr Eagle

I like to watch.
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
GWS
Black Thunder said:
it definetaly did and as great as the song is, i still debate that is was one of the worst things to happen to rock music.

Every band of that style that comes out now tries to do what Nirvana did. But 1) it's already been done and if there's one thing we know about rock music, to be popular you gotta do something that's original and 2) No one can do it even half as good as Nirvana did.
Better 1000 Nirvana wannabes than those 1000 record deals going to mindless dance remixes of ******** 80s synth-ballads... the good stuff will still get through, it just makes the leftovers more palatable.

Roobunny

Premiership Player
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
CDFC, MUFC, Redbacks
Meh.... I owned none of them and preferred Pearl Jam to any of these...

But from what I've heard - Red Hot Chilli Peppers, I do like quite a few of their singles and the best (apart from Love Rollercoaster and Soul To Squeeze) came from BSSM.

Funkalicous

Norm Smith Medallist
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Southport Sharks, Chicago Bulls
Soul to Squeeze was a B-side song from Blood Sugar Sex Magik. :eek:

Probably my favourite every albumn with INXS greatest hits.

Best songs are 'If you have to ask' and 'Sir Psyco Sexy'

Nevermind is an excelent albumn also but BSSM would have taken more talent to produce IMO.

Top Bottom