Blood Sugar Sex Magik or Nevermind

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Angus1

Norm Smith Medallist
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Regardless of anything else Nirvana did Nevermind was a great album and should be high up on any list of great albums.

Metalicas Black album has some good music on it but I tend not to play it all that much. Not sure why as it is a very good album.

Don't like Chille Peppers much. They may be good at what they do but it's just not my cup of tea.

Funkalicous

Norm Smith Medallist
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Southport Sharks, Chicago Bulls
Angus1 said:
Don't like Chille Peppers much. They may be good at what they do but it's just not my cup of tea.
Hmmm.... Thing is, they've changed a fair bit since that albumn. Now days RHCP are yet another Pop/Rock band. Good, but nothing special. By golly though, Blood Sugar was one hell of an albumn! For mine, they reinvented what funk/rock should sound like. Every song on the albumn was supurb. Everyone should listen to this albumn if they've never done so before.

Angus1

Norm Smith Medallist
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Funkalicous said:
Hmmm.... Thing is, they've changed a fair bit since that albumn. Now days RHCP are yet another Pop/Rock band. Good, but nothing special. By golly though, Blood Sugar was one hell of an albumn! For mine, they reinvented what funk/rock should sound like. Every song on the albumn was supurb. Everyone should listen to this albumn if they've never done so before.
Yeah Iv'e heard the album plenty of times as a few of my mates were into them and yes I agree they were very good at that funk/rock style.

mightymouse75

Norm Smith Medallist
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Wimbledon AFC
I think back and if you were a metalhead you thought nirvana were just trying hard at being popular. 😂 now i am a bit wiser we all seem to try a bit too hard to potray who we think we are. Anyway, trying hard aside, i appreciate the joy that seems to flow from most of bssm. It is technical & fresh for its time. Nirvana is all teen angst with a bit of depression. And i think there were plenty of bands punking it out before Cobain. He just got lucky.
If you want masterful grunge you cant go past pearl jams 10.

smasha

Premium Platinum
AFL Club
Richmond
I reckon One Hot Minute is RHCP best album,old thread lol.

When I was younger.:'(

So many great albums came from the 90’s,my fav was The Posies,Frosting On The Beater and I loved Glide from Sydney.

Snake_Baker

L'enfant terrible
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
The Unicornia Reactants
Regardless of anything else Nirvana did Nevermind was a great album and should be high up on any list of great albums.

Metalicas Black album has some good music on it but I tend not to play it all that much. Not sure why as it is a very good album.

Same here mate.

AFAIC, this record was better than both of those mentioned in the OP.

1553630290014.png

DEVO

Norm Smith Medallist
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
CUFC RCFC OM ACF DLC LFC KSC PRLC
Not a great fan of either, I only liked two songs from each album.
If I had to choose, I'd pick BSSM because I really loved GIVE IT AWAY when it came out.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

ROOINYOU

Club Legend
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Winnipeg Jets!
too close to call..depends how I'm feeling on any given day.
love 'something in the way' from Nevermind.
'I could have Lied' is killer from BSSM.

dumb

i **** blue
AFL Club
Carlton
some interesting comments a decade ago. 'nevermind' brought grunge to the mainstream, but it had been around since the 80's.
rhcp's output after bssm has been dull.

Roobs321

Norm Smith Medallist
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Arsenal Sydney Swans GWS CBR United
I'm not a big fan of either, but definitely Nevermind of those two. BSSM has aged worse imo. Both would make better albums.

smasha

Premium Platinum
AFL Club
Richmond

My favourite Chilli Peppers album is One Hot Minute,that album rocked but had the melancholy vibe that I love and was a trademark of alot of alternative music of the 90s,Navarro on guitar is brilliant,My Friends and Aeroplane are great songs but the album really rocked which probably ticked off some of the trad Chilli Pepper fans who loved Frusciante’s more jazz and funk style which gave the Peppers their trademark sound.

Top Bottom