FTA-TV Bloodline

Mar 26, 2008
Fight Club
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
76ers, Storm, Broad St.
All finished and came away super impressed.

Mendelsohn gave a tour de force performance. Every time he said 'Mama' gave me the chills. I'd be very surprised if he isn't in legit award contention whenever those roll around. Chandler and he bounced of one another so amazingly.

Loved the setting, and the slow burn is still my favourite kind of genre television.

Not sure if we're doing a spoilers thing or not so just in case...

Perhaps the only thing I didn't like was the actual ending itself. The son reveal was a bit on the nose. It called for something more low-key, more finite. I thought they hinted at the possibility of there being one that if they brought it up next season it wouldn't be a complete surprise.

Not sure if they can use Mendelsohn in a ghost/flashback capacity next year, but I hope they can. Huge void without him

Alesana

Premiership Player
Oct 13, 2011
AFL Club
West Coast
Watched the first ep, had a bit much of a Revenge feel to it but can see it being good so I'm gonna keep watching.

Thanks flight23 for getting me onto this. Have watched the first 3 episodes.

Chandler, Mendelsohn, Cardellini and Leo Butz make this show. Chandler and Mendelsohn in particular, but the 4 individual characters when put together are perfect.

Experimental

Norm Smith Medallist
May 20, 2012
Brisbane
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Other Teams
Green Bay Packers
I miss Bloodline :( having finished it a while ago and moved onto different shows, nothing quite captures my attention like Bloodline did. The Fall came close, but far out - Bloodline is an amazing show.

First season was epic and Benny M was such a great character which dominated the show.

His role was so pivotal it will be interesting to see whether they can maintain the quality and the last scene had me both wanting more but somehow thinking they maybe should have left it at that then and there.

I really hope it doesn't go all soap opera, but will hold fire on that thought and remain hopeful of continued brilliance in the writing and performance.

Special Agent Utah

Norm Smith Medallist
Feb 15, 2009
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Chicago Bulls/Bears Texas Rangers
Finished the first season last week.. Loved it, be interesting to see which direction they go in during season 2!

Sep 7, 2005
Firing GarPax
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Liverpool, Chicago Bulls
Finished it off today

Just fabulous

was it the son who saw them or was it someone else, perhaps Carlos? Just seeing the rayburn house on the shirt of the person watching them in miami put that in my mind

Intrigued to see how they approach a second season

Also Linda Cardellini... hearts

mandy

Norm Smith Medallist
Sep 8, 2001
Heaven
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Collingwood
Bit late to the party I know. But knocked over the first 8 episodes today so will probably finish season 1 tomorrow.

Without a doubt the best new TV show I've seen in ages. Love me some Coach Taylor. Ben is bloody brilliant too.

Apr 11, 2002
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Iggles, Georgia.
Jan 16, 2009
Perth
AFL Club
Fremantle
Haven't read the whole thread but just watched the first hour episodes, really gripping.
Ben M is fantastic in it, well, the whole cast is really. The mum and dad are great.

Came to this straight from finishing five seasons of Friday Night Lights, probably need to go onto Early Edition or something after this.

tek87

Premiership Player
Aug 7, 2008
australia
AFL Club
Fremantle
how does Kyle chandler get nominated for best actor and Ben Mendelsohn gets the best supporting actor nomination. Mendelsohn dominated the show and the last episode was flat without him. Chandler was good but come on, really?

Jul 7, 2014
AFL Club
Collingwood
how does Kyle chandler get nominated for best actor and Ben Mendelsohn gets the best supporting actor nomination. Mendelsohn dominated the show and the last episode was flat without him. Chandler was good but come on, really?

Because Chandler's character was the lead and Ben's wasn't, it has nothing to with who was better or more important to the story, often the supporting actor will have the more memorable scenes.

I agree with you though Mendelsohn is clearly the better actor here.

Back