Game Day Bloods - Suns - 7 May @ 1:45 PM @ SCG

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Feels like the selection committee were too kind because we faced a top 2 side last time around. No choice but for some heads to roll now, but are they willing to make some big calls on Lloyd, Hayward etc, especially when the reserves played great today.

Problem is we don't have much in the reserves. Guys like Taylor and Clarke are still in our bests week after week and we know both of them are not at an AFL level, so a player really needs to be playing better than Taylor and Clarke to be considered an option and it just isn't happening.

You really need to stop now Uncle. When you watch that whole performance and watch the collective effort of the side as a whole and you then focus on Kennedy as and individual performance he is better than 80 percent of them on ****ing walking frame.

He was one of a senior group that failed...feel free to defend what I said about him and the other senior players.

I don't think it's all coaching. We just weren't running all day. The only time, when Mills ran 50m to provide an outlet, we looked good.
Run to be an option, run to support, run to defend and numbers to a contest and just run to compete. We just don't do it. Sit back and hope things fall our way. Just not how this sport is played.

The most concerning thing is the perceived lack of effort by some.
Time and time again with the Suns coming out of defence , they were a metre off their man.
It seemed like it was somewhere between man to man and zone defence.
Whatever it was clearly didn’t work, but no adjustments were made.

Bad umpiring doesn't make you concede 4 50m penalties
Yes and no. We had 50 paid for encroaching when the player was about 10 meters away, yet late in the game, GC player runs so close he actually makes contact with the player and that's not a 50?

JPK should just retire. He doesn't need to be remembered for playing 1 too many seasons.
It might be time for a change at the helm. We have become too soft in recent times. Sad to see.

The most concerning thing is the perceived lack of effort by some.
Time and time again with the Suns coming out of defence , they were a metre off their man.
It seemed like it was somewhere between man to man and zone defence.
Whatever it was clearly didn’t work, but no adjustments were made.
Summed up by your first line.

Our season so far is eerily similar to last year. A great start followed by some early jitters before we finally devolve into a s**t performance against the Suns.

Can't afford to drop any more than 2 games before the bye, but preferably win all except maybe the Melbourne game (granted I wouldn't mind beating them as well).

Yes and no. We had 50 paid for encroaching when the player was about 10 meters away, yet late in the game, GC player runs so close he actually makes contact with the player and that's not a 50?
Agree that the umpiring was poor, but I personally am not too bothered by it. The deserving team won in the end.

Also don't see this as being an apologist for our shitty performance today, because we were in fact s**t, dogshit even.

But Gold Coast are better than some are giving them credit for here. Things haven't really clicked for them this year, but IMO they have a list that can compete for finals if they get their s**t together. I thought that before the season, and have been frustrated watching them most weeks (3rd team behind us and Brissy), because despite talent all across the field, it just hasn't come together for them. Today I was frustrated watching them for a completely different reason, because they decided to save probably their best performance for the year for us, once again.

Agree that the umpiring was poor, but I personally am not too bothered by it. The deserving team won in the end.
Certainly not saying it was the deciding factor today. The poor decisions at selection, the atrocious field kicking and lack of effort today much more of a factor. The thing I don't understand is why this continuously happens to us, yet we either don't bring it up or follow the "correct" anonymous channels and see no change. The only time we will see an improvement is when our staff say '* the fines' and tell it how it is.

Certainly not saying it was the deciding factor today. The poor decisions at selection, the atrocious field kicking and lack of effort today much more of a factor. The thing I don't understand is why this continuously happens to us, yet we either don't bring it up or follow the "correct" anonymous channels and see no change. The only time we will see an improvement is when our staff say 'fu** the fines' and tell it how it is.
Ehh, bit of an overreaction IMO. Don't think we've really copped it that bad from the umps in any match except against the Bulldogs (and we're far from the only team to experience that).

I follow Brisbane and GC closely as mentioned in the post above, and have felt similarly aggrieved watching a few of their games in the last couple of years (Brisbane's semi and game against Geelong in Geelong last year immediately spring to mind).

I reckon you could go on just about every board and they'd be miffed that they perceived their club had been weak with their approach to umpiring.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back