Game Day Bloods v Blues - Rd 16, 2020

Tuesday Night is Football, or so it seems. .

I give us a decent show against the evil Empah.

Great to see 'no change'. Could be one or two lateys pending fitness tests on some, inc the old warhorse Sinkers.

I hope the busted up Sinkers gets to play out the season. He deserves to. "Manful" in these times seems an old fashioned expression, but he is an old fashioned guy. West Coast was such a poor fit for him. He previously played at 'The Borough" and Port Melbourne's DNA is evident in his every effort.

It seems like only a few days ago we were watching us destroy Melbourne's hopes and dreams.

Oh wait - it was a few days ago.

This season is weird.

Anyway * Carltank - Swans don't tank, have a crack. Draft picks will sort themselves out in any event.

Jun 19, 2011
Sydney
AFL Club
Sydney
Other Teams
Wallabies
I like our chances. Longmire said in the Melbourne post-match he wanted to focus on getting the team to back up a good win with another good performance which we haven't done a lot this year. No Pittonet means a skinny De Koning against battle-hardened Sinclair so I like our chances there. Plus they've had another 4 changes while we've got zero, so I like that continuity. We should be very competitive. Bring the same energy and intensity as last week and we keep our momentum going.

They have a good defence with Weitering, Jones, Simpson, Docherty and Plowman so we need our forwards to step up.

Tedeski

Brownlow Medallist
Oct 2, 2006
Melbourne
AFL Club
Sydney
Other Teams
Mava Fan Cooler
I like our chances. Longmire said in the Melbourne post-match he wanted to focus on getting the team to back up a good win with another good performance which we haven't done a lot this year. No Pittonet means a skinny De Koning against battle-hardened Sinclair so I like our chances there. Plus they've had another 4 changes while we've got zero, so I like that continuity. We should be very competitive. Bring the same energy and intensity as last week and we keep our momentum going.

They have a good defence with Weitering, Jones, Simpson, Docherty and Plowman so we need our forwards to step up.
We will keep those defenders honest at the very least. If that's good enough to hang on & win then so be ity.
We tend to have one really bad quarter per game these last few years with the youngsters we have had & that tends be the score difference often.
I'm hoping we once again we can shrink the bad quarter to just a few minutes & that ill help us go on to win.
Swans by 8 points tonight with extremely accurate kicking for goal. Sam Reid with 3 tonight.
I'll throw Sammy into a multi.

Jan 13, 2007
Melbourne
AFL Club
Sydney
We will keep those defenders honest at the very least. If that's good enough to hang on & win then so be ity.
We tend to have one really bad quarter per game these last few years with the youngsters we have had & that tends be the score difference often.
I'm hoping we once again we can shrink the bad quarter to just a few minutes & that ill help us go on to win.
Swans by 8 points tonight with extremely accurate kicking for goal. Sam Reid with 3 tonight.
Only $91 at Reid for 5. Hardly worth it. But for the entertainment of the Swans board.....*sigh* the things I do.

Attachments

• 714D20B5-3461-4383-A470-CA5B2A8331D3.png
    714D20B5-3461-4383-A470-CA5B2A8331D3.png
    270.5 KB · Views: 137

Wolftone

Cancelled
Feb 1, 2012
AFL Club
Sydney
We have always had a bad quarter per game. Was the one fault on us in 2016, our fadeouts. In 2014 we were really consistent. But after that we seem to have go missing quarters. But we were pretty good last week at maintain g the pressure. When they came we matched them and upped the defensive pressure. From that we got some really good attacks we simply should not have had. If it weren't for the manic pressure and skill we would not have had

On JAT-L29 using BigFooty.com mobile app

Tedeski

Brownlow Medallist
Oct 2, 2006
Melbourne
AFL Club
Sydney
Other Teams
Mava Fan Cooler
We have always had a bad quarter per game. Was the one fault on us in 2016, our fadeouts. In 2014 we were really consistent. But after that we seem to have go missing quarters. But we were pretty good last week at maintain g the pressure. When they came we matched them and upped the defensive pressure. From that we got some really good attacks we simply should not have had. If it weren't for the manic pressure and skill we would not have had

On JAT-L29 using BigFooty.com mobile app
So hopefully the concentration is there for the youngsters & the old warriors can go again after the short break.

I trust we will but won't be too upset should it not work out.
We have the respect of the competition in that we never give opposition an easy game. Even now with these kids.

Love it Bruce.
Go Sammy.
If he kicks 5 goals we win by plenty.

I’d be worried about all the pig s**t falling from the sky as they fly over

Tedeski

Brownlow Medallist
Oct 2, 2006
Melbourne
AFL Club
Sydney
Other Teams
Mava Fan Cooler
I’d be worried about all the pig sh*t falling from the sky as they fly over
Thank god we see things differently King.

You can only see pigs flying.

I see Prosciutto Di San Daniele hanging from the ceiling in Lygon St Carlton while it's being carefully cured over 24 months.

1599545441822.png

A much more positive outlook wouldn't you say?;)

Thank god we see things differently King.

You can only see pigs flying.

I see Prosciutto Di San Daniele hanging from the ceiling in Lygon St Carlton while it's being carefully cured over 24 months.

View attachment 956141

A much more positive outlook wouldn't you say?;)

Yummo. I missed an invite this Autumn to the despatch of 4 happy organically raised pigs. A mate who is a retired Chef organises it all. One of his mates has a smokehouse.

Dan87

Norm Smith Medallist
Apr 7, 2008
Adelaide
AFL Club
Sydney
Swans unchanged

Carlton:
IN
David Cuningham
Lachie Plowman
Matthew Owies
Tom De Koning
-
OUT
Cameron Polson
(Omitted)
Eddie Betts
(Managed)
Marc Pittonet
(Managed)
Paddy Dow
(Omitted)

Getting a look at our new ruckman in this one.

Go Bloods!

Back