Game Day Bloods v Blues - Rd 16, 2020

Kapers

Norm Smith Medallist
Sep 25, 2019
AFL Club
Sydney
i get it, but i think the better side won in the end unfortunately
I do as well, but you cant say the blues are actually any good imo. If they do make it to finals I hope they get the Richmond in 2014 treatment

Tesla Tenet

Premiership Player
Apr 13, 2016
AFL Club
Sydney
What happens with our coach?

Why did we go back to old Swans stuff.

1 forward against 3 defenders
Bombing it in to nothing
15m tow rope allowing 30 extra marks and 36 uncontested possessions.
Hold the ball and look around and get tackled.
Hacks kicks everywhere.
No spacings, 1m handpasses

Unfortunately that is our default position.

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

melbournehammer

Premiership Player
Apr 22, 2013
AFL Club
Sydney
Good young player but McInnerney will want his time again after just watching Cottrell go up for that mark un-apposed. Can be sure Longmire will be bringing that effort up with him in the review.

true but it was rowbottom's man - mcinerney needed fly because rowbottom wasnt going to get there but most players on the wing are taught to stay down if their man is also staying down

Good young player but McInnerney will want his time again after just watching Cottrell go up for that mark un-apposed. Can be sure Longmire will be bringing that effort up with him in the review.
Who the * are you and why do you feel the need to point that out on an opposition board. * off and focus on your club and their continued ineptness.

Kapers

Norm Smith Medallist
Sep 25, 2019
AFL Club
Sydney

Bombing it in to nothing
Hacks kicks everywhere.

Young team got scared, needed Rampe to lead with a few of his kicks out of the backline

Wolfgang West

Norm Smith Medallist
Jun 22, 2009
melbourne
AFL Club
Sydney
good they need to learn. this is a meaningless year for our team. the match shows where this team is - we are on a pare with the teams we finished around - we beat the teams around or below us and lost closely to the teams which are near us and got spanked by the better teams.

that tells us where we are and where we want to be in 2021 and 2022.

Its a bad loss and if they except results like that and they creep into the system potential means *** all. Sorry that is the perspective i see it from. I never let players off the hook for the type of loss which we just witnessed. Nearly 7 goals to the good and running them ragged and lose young doesn't come into it.

eDPS

Premium Platinum
Nov 4, 2010
Melbourne - Eastern Suburbs
AFL Club
Essendon
true but it was rowbottom's man - mcinerney needed fly because rowbottom wasnt going to get there but most players on the wing are taught to stay down if their man is also staying down
I think it looks worse that he looked at him going up for it and should have noticed Rowbottom wouldn’t get to him. Again something to bring up in the review, he is a good young player and has had a great year.

No surprise a lot of the players where gassed especially the younger players.

swanssince2002

Norm Smith Medallist
Jul 21, 2018
21kms from Sydney
AFL Club
Sydney
Other Teams
Golden State Warriors
good they need to learn. this is a meaningless year for our team. the match shows where this team is - we are on a pare with the teams we finished around - we beat the teams around or below us and lost closely to the teams which are near us and got spanked by the better teams.

that tells us where we are and where we want to be in 2021 and 2022.
Problem is it just trickles into a culture of mediocrity like what happened with Essendon... where close enough is good enough.

The Gong

Norm Smith Medallist
Oct 24, 2012
AFL Club
Sydney
Other Teams
Northern Districts Tigers
With a big lead and the wet ground you'd think we were well placed but Carlton were clean in the wet and our ball skills went out the window. What a bizarre game.

That last 10 minutes from both sides was farcical.

TheWhiteRhino

Premiership Player
Apr 24, 2002
Melbourne
AFL Club
Sydney
Other Teams
Sydney

Bombing it in to nothing
Hacks kicks everywhere.

Do you roll out the same old coach blaming bullshit every time we lose? You need new material. It's getting tired

Kapers

Norm Smith Medallist
Sep 25, 2019
AFL Club
Sydney
Blakey had a bad last few moments, shouldn't of been handballed to, we panicked and no one wanted to take responsibility. Blakey got the raw end of every other players insipidness

Unfortunately the better side won, we were lucky to be close enough in the end, we just lost our way a bit. Was good to see us manage the momentum in the second half but we left it too late to try to win it. Very concerned about JPK, we need to find a role for Jhim because his work in the middle and around the ground is lacking pace both physical and mental. The HTB killed another chance we had and was really poor. His lack of speed is now really finding him out and it just might be time has caught him. Thought Reid was poor tonight, lacked any real presence and the opposition treated him like a first gamer. McCartin was immense and others like Florent very very good, most others came in and out of the game. We need to learn to stop taking the extra step, it kills us a lot, perhaps experience will cure that. A lot of poor decisions with the ball cost about 5 goals I reckon, even at the back end, we couldn't get a point to go in front as players lost their shite a little.

Would of been nice to get that one, playing another non-top 8 team we gifted that one to them after the start we had, but its really a reflection of where we are and our ability to chase the win.

Thankfully just 2 games to go.

The Gong

Norm Smith Medallist
Oct 24, 2012
AFL Club
Sydney
Other Teams
Northern Districts Tigers
Blakey is an actual fungal infection. So long as he is on our list, we will never win a flag. He is nepotism personified. If I'm a swans player I'm wanting to get the fu** out of a team with him in it. Completely demoralizing
Geez go easy.

Had a poor night but has had a great last couple of games. How do we develop young players if we trash them?

Back