Game Day Bloods v Blues - Rd 16, 2020

Remove this Banner Ad

Who have still won two more games than us. Good sides do not go 5-10. Even mediocre sides have games where they play excellent footy.
They should of won more than 2 games than us given their list and the expectations around them. they were expected to be top 8 if not top 4 this year, we were largely predicted to be bottom four. Melbourne playing a bottom 4 side when their season is on the line could not aim up......??? Whats your point? You clearly have a different definition of mediocre than I do.

Geez go easy.

Had a poor night but has had a great last couple of games. How do we develop young players if we trash them?
To be fair we pumped up Florent and Hayward heaps early on and they stagnated almost immediately

i guess in my mind we are 13 and 24 for the past two seasons. i agree as a club there are good signs and the point i am trying to make is that we should be ok in 12 months but objectively over the past two seasons we are a mediocre team but one with potential this team can learn from their mistakes. they have time to do so
Yes, we are a developing team that is going to be better, but I just dont think mediocre is the right word. The young players we have coming through and the players on the sidelines says to me we are better than mediocre.

Same thing happened in the Carlton Fremantle game.
IMO, Carlton are an experienced line-up that know they can beat up on a team and come back. They beat us. But we got caught in the headlights.

We NEEDED a Rampe to just settle us. We lost all our will to play the game when we lost energy/they started playing.

Glad we didn’t draw/win off the back of that Taylor nonsense.

calls to retire JPK are premature i think. With a preseason, i reckon he’ll still have something to offer, even if he’s not the player he was.
In a side with better midfielders around him (even just a couple), his contribution would lift imo.

3 or4 key moments . Sinclair twice when he should have gone forward . Hayward silly handball in the wet when he could have kicked forward and then he should have scored near the end when he had time.
Our so called rucks give away too many frees. Surely Taubo can be brought back part time to show these bloke something . It's not up to Big Cox as he was a true ruck and way ahead of these try hards

3 or4 key moments . Sinclair twice when he should have gone forward . Hayward silly handball in the wet when he could have kicked forward and then he should have scored near the end when he had time.
Our so called rucks give away too many frees. Surely Taubo can be brought back part time to show these bloke something . It's not up to Big Cox as he was a true ruck and way ahead of these try hards
Key moment: starting the 2nd half with Sinkers at FF.

Head scratcher.

Our forward line was completely disfunctional thereafter.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Head scratcher.

Agreed. Sure, we were getting smashed in the ruck, but we were still up, and our backline was murdering their forward line.

Head scratcher.

I'm not sure that was because Sinkers went to FF but we were getting done in the clearances so I didn't mind Horse trying something.

The problem was the effort across the entire team after half time but particularly the midfield. We couldn't get the ball out of our back half and the forward line had pushed up to help out so there's was no forward structure when we did get it out. Carlton had repeat entry after repeat entry so I thought our defenders did well considering. I think the blame falls squarely on the midfield's inability to win the ball when we did clear it out of our back 50, the same problem we've had for a very long time.

I'm not sure that was because Sinkers went to FF but we were getting done in the clearances so I didn't mind Horse trying something.

The problem was the effort across the entire team after half time but particularly the midfield. We couldn't get the ball out of our back half and the forward line had pushed up to help out so there's was no forward structure when we did get it out. Carlton had repeat entry after repeat entry so I thought our defenders did well considering. I think the blame falls squarely on the midfield's inability to win the ball when we did clear it out of our back 50, the same problem we've had for a very long time.
Moving Aliir into the mids was a retrograde step.

We started to flood back. Old habits die hard.

Have to remember that the change with Aliir and Sinclair changed after half time. This was in response to the fact that the Blues kicked goals in the second quarter at:
15:51 Fisher
17:23 Walsh
23:46 Cripps
25:13 McKay
Note: half their goals for the entire game were scored inside of 10 minutes in the second quarter

The changes were made at half time in response to that.

After half time Florent goaled at 1:43 and Sinclair missed a chance at 3:50.
It wasn’t until 12:42 that Carlton kicked a goal, therefore arguable up until this point that the changes had stifled their half time momentum.

Have to remember that the change with Aliir and Sinclair changed after half time. This was in response to the fact that the Blues kicked goals in the second quarter at:
15:51 Fisher
17:23 Walsh
23:46 Cripps
25:13 McKay
Note: half their goals for the entire game were scored inside of 10 minutes in the second quarter

The changes were made at half time in response to that.

After half time Florent goaled at 1:43 and Sinclair missed a chance at 3:50.
It wasn’t until 12:42 that Carlton kicked a goal, therefore arguable up until this point that the changes had stifled their half time momentum.
We are giving away too many frees in the ruck , get Taubo back.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back