Game Day Bloods v Dawks at the SCG

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
You are 100% right DA. I AM living in the past & history will repeat.
You can all feel free to carve me up tonight if we win easy & I will happily sit here & cop it.
But............................no............enough said!
Can I get in the queue?

As mentioned every time we play this mob here at the SCG, Clarko will utilise their accurate kicking with the wide wings & play keepings off which we hate as we can't get our hands on the ball as often as we will need to utilise our strengths. The Hawks will have 20-25% more possession than us as has been the case in similar games so perhaps about 420 to our 310. They will go inside 50 about 62 times to our usual 42.
Final scores.
Swans 8.14 62
Hawks 15.8 98

Buddy 1 goal as he has never smashed the Hawks since coming over to us. Can't tell you what the rest of our team will do but we will lose it in the ruck with Sinkers as he gets smashed in hit outs to advantage, further reducing our opportunity to keep the ball from the Hawks.

Gunston 4 goals, Breust 3 goals, Roughy 2 goals, Poppy 2 goals, McEvoy 2 goals, Impey, Scully 1 goal.

Scully, O'Meara & McEvoy best players.

Pessimistic prediction? Always is for me against the Hawks as when we do win, a lot goes right for us.
Just Paul Roos couldn't beat Malthouse & the Magpies at home in Sydney, Longmire can't beat Clarko & the Hawks at home in Sydney.
We suck badly after a bye as well just for added negativity.

Pretty sure Bud kicked 5 or 6 in one of those losses but from memory we had too many passengers that night.

I am reasonably confident tonight. They get Roughy and Birchell back. Both are past their best. So are Burgoyne, Poppy and possibly even Bruest.

Their midfield is not anywhere near as good as they used to be. They get good service from their rucks but have been unable to capitalise. The Hawks have been used to players who use the ball exceedingly well. But at the moment their ball use has been putrid. If they use the ball as badly as they have for most of the season we will destroy them. But watch out if they suddenly get their trajectory back as they will just play keeping off outside footy.

If they do manage to kick straight and play outside footy we have to play man on man and make them accountable. No cheap kicks. Pressure, pressure, pressure and they will fold as they are crap at contested footy. Make them play at the contest and they fold. That is what Essendon did to them.

Oh I forgot. Thry are also really slow. So run off 'Em.

On ANE-LX2J using BigFooty.com mobile app

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I tend to agree with you but he will give them a big lift being out there.
I hate playing them & Collingwood because the losses annoy me more than against any other team.
Mainly due to my dislike of Dermie & Dunstall & with the Pies it's my dislike of Eddie.

How could ya hate one of yer own?

mr353dermie-20131001151747434080-300x0.jpg

You need to read the Swans forum rules - no dodgy photoshopping allowed!

It's a real pic. He played for you guys!

Sydney Swans (1994)
During 1993, Brereton began to recover from the injuries that plagued his career at Hawthorn and expressed his intention to make a return to the game. The struggling Sydney Swans, in need of a big-name player capable of helping to turn around the team's performance, as well as draw crowds to their home games at the SCG, drafted him for the 1994 season. Moving to New South Wales, he played only seven games as frequent suspensions for rough and/or violent play prevented him from regaining peak form. His fame in Victoria was not equalled in New South Wales and he also failed to have any on-field impact on the Swans' fortunes.

Brereton's most notable act as a Swan was infamously stomping on Hawthorn player Rayden Tallis' head while Tallis was on the ground in a pre-season game, earning him a seven-match suspension. He would receive another seven-week suspension in that same year when Richmond's Tony Free had his jaw broken with an alleged 'karate chop' by Brereton. His only other moment of note was being flattened by West Coast Eagles' captain John Worsfold. The Swans delisted Brereton at the end of the 1994 season.

Some rain around, moving Reid into my SC team and then forgetting to undo the change the latest of my disastrous moves this year.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back