Game Day Bloods v Dawks at the SCG

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
One thing is already clear about the match. Whichever Coach wins will have Norf drooling additional dollars to the existing offers to John Longmire and Snarko.

Our three ins lack match fitness and continuity. I'd bet Mr The King's gonads one or more will be carrying an injury. I swear if JPK goes down with a 'new' knee injury, it is time to burn the stable down.

Still we look better on paper than the Dawks and should win with one leg in the air.

Bloods to win by Nick Smith.

As mentioned every time we play this mob here at the SCG, Clarko will utilise their accurate kicking with the wide wings & play keepings off which we hate as we can't get our hands on the ball as often as we will need to utilise our strengths. The Hawks will have 20-25% more possession than us as has been the case in similar games so perhaps about 420 to our 310. They will go inside 50 about 62 times to our usual 42.
Final scores.
Swans 8.14 62
Hawks 15.8 98

Buddy 1 goal as he has never smashed the Hawks since coming over to us. Can't tell you what the rest of our team will do but we will lose it in the ruck with Sinkers as he gets smashed in hit outs to advantage, further reducing our opportunity to keep the ball from the Hawks.

Gunston 4 goals, Breust 3 goals, Roughy 2 goals, Poppy 2 goals, McEvoy 2 goals, Impey, Scully 1 goal.

Scully, O'Meara & McEvoy best players.

Pessimistic prediction? Always is for me against the Hawks as when we do win, a lot goes right for us.
Just Paul Roos couldn't beat Malthouse & the Magpies at home in Sydney, Longmire can't beat Clarko & the Hawks at home in Sydney.
We suck badly after a bye as well just for added negativity.

The selection of Roughead seems odd given he’s been poor in the VFL. Hawks have better options albeit somewhat less experienced.

Hawks haven’t passed a 100 this year so expect them to play a keepings off game style.

Although it’s fresh today it’s not unseasonably cold and the rain isn’t due until tomorrow. So no excuses with regards to the weather.

If we play like we did against the Eagles we will do enough to win.

Swans by 10.

Easy as

They are fair welling roughy tonight
I tend to agree with you but he will give them a big lift being out there.
I hate playing them & Collingwood because the losses annoy me more than against any other team.
Mainly due to my dislike of Dermie & Dunstall & with the Pies it's my dislike of Eddie.

The selection of Roughead seems odd given he’s been poor in the VFL. Hawks have better options albeit somewhat less experienced.

Hawks haven’t passed a 100 this year so expect them to play a keepings off game style.

Although it’s fresh today it’s not unseasonably cold and the rain isn’t due until tomorrow. So no excuses with regards to the weather.

If we play like we did against the Eagles we will do enough to win.

Swans by 10.
Easily explained. The Hawks are keen for him to leave the AFL with a bang and figure that if he has any chance at all of being played into form it’s against the ever obliging Swans who seem to have great success helping out Hawks players in that regard. ;)

We’re as good a chance against this mob as we’ve been in years. This is not a formidable Hawthorn team. Their 22 has names like Glass, Brand and O’Brien, none of who would be in our best 22 as average as we’ve been this year. Roughead, Puopolo and Burgoyne have looked like dinosaurs every week this year. We’ll only have ourselves to blame if we play them into the kind of form they usually dish up against us.

We’ll lose by 6 points.

Easily explained. The Hawks are keen for him to leave the AFL with a bang and figure that if he has any chance at all of being played into form it’s against the ever obliging Swans who seem to have great success helping out Hawks players in that regard. ;)
Not a bad explanation. More plausible than a farewell game interstate unless he’s on a long farewell tour.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Clarke on smith and hewett on O'Meara... the rest should be roaming free against their mediocre opponents.

Few showers about...
May be a bit damp at times...

*watching the showers roll past me while i'm coastal

You guys are living in the past. The kids of 2019 to beat the poo and pee by 29 points.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You are 100% right DA. I AM living in the past & history will repeat.
You can all feel free to carve me up tonight if we win easy & I will happily sit here & cop it.
But............................no............enough said!

Hate seeing mccartin out but happy for Menzel and rose

It’s a very creative front half with Hayward, Menzel etc etc etc

I actually think Menzel is on trial tonight & the club is expecting him to stand up & deliver. If he doesn't then I'm afraid he goes out & we persist with McCartin for the rest of his career.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back