Bloody Crap Channel 7 Coverage of the Olympics

Remove this Banner Ad

"Bloody Crap Channel 7 Coverage of the Olympics" is being to kind - I would use some words starting with F and S.

The coverage is laughable.

Some tidbits - the moment that Shane Kelly is riding LIVE $even shows the same event riders which happened 30 minutes before. Bruce gushing about the soccer, Australia down 1-0 he says when if you had C7 you knew it was half-time and 2-2, that charade went on all night. Yesterday with the Michael Diamond shooting, $even was showing the event but if you were listening to the radio you knew $even coverage was 15 minutes behind. It goes on and on. Didn't even bother showing the 100m Breastroke final LIVE because there was no Aussie - showed a replay of Thorpe instead. Were showing more swimming replays when the softball was LIVE last night (the Aussie chick who hit the winning HR btw has an AFL connection). Showed some Aussie cyclists getting their bronze - ignored the gold/silver medallists. Could write another 100 things and it's only Day 2.

Yes, its so much better live. Ian Thorpe's gold and the gold for the four of them that followed in the relay was just fantastic. So were my seats. You know, he'd be a good footballer that Thorpe. What a body!

They were saying on the telecast last night that Thorpes dad reckons Ian has absolutely no ball skills at all. Can't throw or catch. Thats why he took up swimming.

Hey Dan, do you work for Ch 7?

Also Dan, if you read my posting again (page 1) you will notice that I NEVER said anything bad about Gymnastics. I know it is one of the most popular sports. I just believe that Ch 7 are showing WAY to much of it considering that we have very little chance of getting even a bronze medal!

As goes for the Shooting, What is so boring about it? The ONLY time that they showed it was when Michael Diamond was shooting for Gold!

I don't think the coverage is too bad.

just 3 points

1. If it's not live, don't pretend it is.
2. Maybe show a little more of the sports where we are crap.
3. Don't show a sport/match until you get interested in it & then change. ie) Beach volleyball France v Germany. Just when it was getting exciting they switched to triathelon & I had to wait hours for the result.

Iv'e got a day off work today so I am plonked down infront of the telly with my laptop.

I have seen kayaking - not bad
I have seen cycling - very good
I have seen the same cross country equestrian four times now. Isn't anything else happening????????????

Hey, could be worse
wink.gif

You could be 15 hours behind and see every single event on tape.

I think we've done a good job of not being biased anyway...they showed everything Thorpe's. They've also showed the triathlons, cycling events and rowing events, none of which the US was even remotely competitive in.

I could do without the sob stories though. So far we've had electrocutions, broken legs, broken ribs, lost parents, lost siblings, cancer, you name it.

Local news breaks every hour. No complete coverage of ANYTHING at one time. You get a swimming final, then a gymnastics rotation, then a sob story, then a rowing final, then another swimming final, then another gymnastics rotation, then five minutes of equstrian.

And there's the American art of advertising. Instead of 1,000 commercials, you see the SAME FIVE, every hour, every day for two weeks. Over and over.

Everytime i turn it on 7 i see the gymnastics all the bloody time. Why cant they say the Soccer or Tae Kwon Do or something least there entertaing.

I agree with many things, like that channel 7 can't show every sport, or every sport live and I also agree that they shouldn't say something is live when it is not, I am quite happy with the coverage and it is good that they are committed to 24 hour coverage but what gets me is the two hours of TODAY AT THE GAMES where they just show, in two hours, what they have shown in that day, it should be called what we showed today in the games. I think they should use it to show things that they didn't show earlier. Someone had to show it and i don't think channel 9 would have done any better, it would have just been EDDIE McGUIRE TONIGHT.

No body has said they are looking forward to the synchronized swimming. I am hoping it is on when I am work. Spppppppecccialll

Ch 7's coverage of this olympics so far is the worst on record.

The only thing they've bothered to show live during the prime time was the swimming (well the Aussie related bits of it at least), everything else has been delayed although Bruuuuuuuuce tries to pull the wool over the viewers eyes but claiming it as live. But if you listen to ABC Radio as I do (with Cometti turned down) you then relise just how s**t Ch 7's coverage is. 7 were showing 2 hour taped gymnastics while live Opals basketball is on. Oh and Australia won a bronze in Judo at around 8pm or so, as of yet 7 haven't said a word.

Turn off the box and listen to ABC Radio if you want live up to date stuff, if something interesting happens turn 7 on 2 hours later and then you might see it.

DIE SEVEN DIE!!!!!!!!!

The Olympics is a bloody tough thing to cover. I think 7 are doing quite well - their is not too much hype as I imagine there would've been if you were watching the Olympic channel in the USA at the Atlanta Olympics, there is a nice spread of different sports and the whole thing is paced so you can watch for hours if you've got the time.

But they should tell us if something is not live ie " half and hour ago the .... event was run and..."

Over here in Perth the days events in Sydney are over by 6 or 7 in the evening. But then it just keeps showing you stuff that we watched earlier in the arvo over and over again. Im sure there was some softball basketball soccer martail arts badminton table tennis anything that i havent already watched would be nice. I dont care if its not live if i dont know the result then who cares.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Why do we in Adelaide get The Dream at 11.30pm???

at 9.30 the Olympics telecast finishes then we get 2 hours of replays then the Dream. It was on at 8.30pm our time in Sydney and 9.00 in Melbourne. Why do we have to wait until we are all asleep from watching so many replays.

The coverage just isn't designed for those of us who watch 24hrs a day. Over here, we have 'Tonight at the Games' (or something like that) with Baz and Abba, which summarises everything that's happened during the day. It's a bit boring when I've been watching all day, but on days I work or have lectures its good.

I still think they're doing a pretty good job.

I watched 'The Game' last night for an hour and I thought the comments Roy and HG made were bloody funny, although they were talking 90% of the time on stupid merchandise which was rather annoying.

Although there are 28 Olympic sports, Channel 7 only seems interested in Swimming, Rowing, Equestrian, Gymnastics as the main four. I wonder if they televise the other sports in the midnight-5.30am timeslot, I'll tape it tomorrow and see.

Originally posted by servo:
Why do we in Adelaide get The Dream at 11.30pm???

at 9.30 the Olympics telecast finishes then we get 2 hours of replays then the Dream. It was on at 8.30pm our time in Sydney and 9.00 in Melbourne. Why do we have to wait until we are all asleep from watching so many replays.

Servo... i wish we got "the Dream" at 4.00am.

eek.gif
eek.gif
eek.gif
eek.gif
eek.gif
eek.gif
eek.gif

when I am at work....

So here he goes... Oh straight into a bit of a party dance fantastic... and into a big hello boys, that was a fantastic hello boys oh and here the Flat bag hes gonna have a great score hehehehe

If you dont watch the dream you wont get this hehe
biggrin.gif

Remove this Banner Ad

Back