Oct 9, 2000
Gold Coast, QLD
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Boston Red Sox (MLB)
:mad:

IN: Betheras, Cole, Kinnear

OUT: McGough, Scotland ( Both Omitted ) , Williams ( Ribs )

Great having RUPE back but STOP SELECTING KINNEAR YOU MORONS.

You can't drop Scotland for form when you give him around 10 minutes a game. Find another club Scoots, obviously the match commitee has it in for you. You deserve better. Much,much better. How is Ben Johnson and Kinnear getting games ahead of Scoots?

Another thing...PLAY SOME KIDS! Dane Swan for starters. What have we got to lose? The way this season is panning out, we may as well start building for next year. Drop the dead wood passengers like O'Bree, Molloy, Davis etc and bring in some youngens.

Someone on the match commitee has to be a mole trying to savatage our season. It is the only plausiable explanation for this.

I kinda see what they're trying to do for this game.
Stretch them out in defence hence (almost) justifying his selection. Also Kinnear can be a backup ruckman or backman. Rupe and Cole are two smaller players who can either play small forward or small backman (in Coles place midfield as well) in order to combat our small forward problem and help mix and match against the Bulldogs small forward line. The Bulldogs will try and use a small forward line against us, we have to be carefull about this. The problem is one of Cloke/Wakelin/Prestigiacomo will probably be without a matchup. Hopefully Presti gets a gig up forward :D
Possible Matchups
Brad Johnson- Brodie Holland/Ryan Lonie
Nathan Brown - James Clement
Simon Garlick - Ben Johnson
Bowden - Wakelin/Cloke
Bandy - Prestigiacomo
Giansiracusa/McMahon - Lokan/Cole/Betheras

Maw, git me ma shotgun. We's goin' to tha footy!

Looking a bit slow there, too, despite omitting McGough and Scotland.

We have Presti, Wakes, Clemo, Clokey in the back-half.
Come on, the Dogs don't have that many tall forwards.
Is there really a need for that many tall-defenders?

The Dogs are fast and we will get runned off our feet. We simply haven't got enough pace to match me thinks.

Oh dear.
Not looking forward to it.

What are you doing with us Mick? :confused:
I hope he has seen something that I haven't.

It is the reasoning that I cannot understand.
If it is to add another tall to our forward line, then surely we would give someone new a run, not someone who has been tried before and given us nothing.
I have not seen all of Willi's games, but I have seen a few. Kinnear has done nothing in the games that I have seen. In one game I did not see he kicked 5. That is the only time I have seen his name as being BOG. On other occassions I have seen his name in the mix of others who have played well.
On that basis alone there must be 4 or 5 other players in front of him for selection.

In the seniors Kinnear has never played well and never been in our best 10 players. He has been tried and failed.

So why select him. What has he done to warrant selection. If the basis of his selection is ONLY height, we could recall Richo or play C-Clo both of whom would give us more football skills in addition to the height.

What has Scotland done to MM and the match committee, how this very skillful player (something we lack) cannot be a regular in the 1's astounds me.
Are the match committee saying that Scotland is one of the reasons we lost to Whoreforn. On that basis we should drop Pebbles, Didak, Woey and a few others.

I am staggered.

Ok we have gone from MarkT driving his car alone through the glass doors at Vic Park to a full car load to a campervan full to a bus full. I think we might be able to fill two buses.
Errrr can I drive the second bus Mark, I think I could take out the match committee meeting room.

Kinnear has received 3 Brownlow Votes in his career. They were the 3 against Western Bulldogs in 2000 for his (argubably) best on ground performance. Who knows maybe Mick Malthouse has been talking to Kinnear and is giving him one last chance, if he doesn't prove himself in this match he is fired just like Capuano was.

Jabso - you are right Kinnear did on one occassion get 3 votes from the umpires. Of course no one else thought he did anything of note on that day and he was not rated in our top 5 for that game by any of the journo's who reported on it.
To say that most people were surprised when he got 3 votes would be an understatement.

Jabso, mate, buddy do really think this DUD deserves a game?

Hmmm

I have no problems wiht Kinnear getting a game as his form at Willi means he has earnt it. What I have a problem with is certain players (hello Jarrod) being retained in the ones despite poor form. Scotland gets the flick which amazes me. MM is going back to his nutter phase.

Originally posted by NICK THE PIE MAN

The Dogs are fast and we will get runned off our feet. We simply haven't got enough pace to match me thinks.

Hence the reason Scotland and McGough are not playing.
Kinnear deserves a game on form alone. Although he probably suffer the same fate as Scotland (splinters in his bum) and will not get much time to prove himself. He'll need to mark and goal within 15 seconds of walking on to the ground or MM will drag him.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Originally posted by jabso
if he doesn't prove himself in this match he is fired just like Capuano was.

He's gone anyways. God help us if they're suckered into another contract on the back of this performance (provided it's any good - hopefully it is!).

What is Kinnears great "form" everyone talks about.
Check the "Best Players" from the past 4 Willi games Kinnear gets one mention 4 weeks ago. Check out the match report from LSD, Kinnear gets "average game " or words to that effect each week.

SO WHAT IS HIS GREAT FORM.
Richo, Cam Cloke, Rup, Cole are all in great form at Willi but Kinnear is NOT.

Hey Barmera Roo, whats the weather like Lakeside?
Hope its not too boggy 2morrow. your guys will thrive in those conditions.

As to the topic at hand: Give Kinnear one last chance. He's a dud, but at least we might get somew trade value from him. However, unlikely that is.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back