Bloody sweet!

Remove this Banner Ad

Well done to the Roo.

And btw, how well did he speak? I thought he was wonderful, spoke eloquently and from the heart. Very touching, a very worthy winner! Goooo Roo!

And on closer inspection, his missus isn't such a bad sort either.....he's going very well in all respects.

Originally posted by macca23
Would have been interesting to see what Macca would have done had he been played on the ball in the last 9 games.

Loved the comment of Adam Goodes, who appears to be a great human being, when he said "Roosy just let's me play footy"

Memo to Gary Ayres. "please read Adam Goodes comments and apply to Andrew McLeod""

Not to worry people, only 12 more months and we can see the real Andrew McLeod shine.

Congrats to Ricciuto, a very worthy Brownlow winner!!!!!!! Very fair player who always gives his all, and good to see him rewarded for it. :)

HUGE apologies also if I spelled his name wrong, knowing me I probably did. :eek:

Originally posted by macca23
Would have been interesting to see what Macca would have done had he been played on the ball in the last 9 games.

Loved the comment of Adam Goodes, who appears to be a great human being, when he said "Roosy just let's me play footy"

Memo to Gary Ayres. "please read Adam Goodes comments and apply to Andrew McLeod""
Could you Cc that to Mark Williams re: our whole team as well?

Originally posted by PAfolwr
Could you Cc that to Mark Williams re: our whole team as well?
I really do think that we are creating a breed of mechanical footballers - its refreshing to see the Paul Roos /Adam Goodes attitude - just go and do what comes natural and play football. I love it!!

I get sick of hearing about game plans and team rules - its too restrictive - sure be accountable and stop your opponent but not to the extent we have it now!!

Hmm- enough ports for one night - Cheers 'Roo!

Rooooo!!!!

What a worthy winner, Heart and Soul of the club

To win in a year where all the stars put in good years surely has to make it sweeter!

bit of a worry with the other players not getting too many votes(apart from Macca and Johncoc k)

Roo's form is the last half of the season was magnificent and if we had a few more that put in his effort we might still be playing this week.

Well done Roo - a well deserved win !!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

even though i wouldnt like to meet him in a dark alley.... well done. if Wangas had one more vote he could have replaced or joined them.

well done :)

Fan - friggin - tastic!!!!!!!

Couldn't watch the last two rounds (not after 2001). Went outside to have a cig and my wife ran out to give me the good news.

Onya Roo a truly great club man.

Originally posted by dyertribe
I'm well aware of this and I knew someone would say this.

He was in our top handful of players throughout 1997 and did more to win that Premiership in 97 than those arseclowns Aaron Keating and Clay Sampson - thus he is a TWO TIME premiership player in my eyes.

The AFL should come out of the dark ages and strike squad medals.

I wouldn't have a problem with Roo or Vardy and TOA for that matter getting somesort of medal to show they were in the 97 squad and helped get us to the GF. But where do you draw the line? Brett Chalmers? Mark Viska? Sean Tasker? Tim Cook? Adam Ugrinic? Ben Parker? Nick Laidlaw? Brent Williams? Greg Dempsey? All these players were in the 97 squad as well.

:D

Good on the BIG ROO!!!

And how was Macca, 6 BOG's! That guy is a vote magnet, if only his form had kept up.

Very proud of the Roo and all the boys. Great history making effort for the AFC.

MARK RICCUITO Well done fantastic effort congratulation on a stellar 2003:D :D :D :D

Premiership Player, All Australian, Club Champion, Club Captian and now Brownlow Medallist....................Tough, Hard and gives 110% every week and tries his absolute guts out!!!!!!!!!!!

A PURE AFC CHAMPION:D :D :D

Well done to Mcleod also six best on grounds, what more can be said:D :D :D

And the great thing is the one vote Wanganeen needed in the last round to win it........................Riccuito got it:D :D :D :D

Originally posted by Leaping Lindner
Fan - friggin - tastic!!!!!!!

Couldn't watch the last two rounds (not after 2001). Went outside to have a cig and my wife ran out to give me the good news.

Onya Roo a truly great club man.

LL - you must be a slow smoker the way they drew out the telecast. The last 2 rounds must have gone for 20 minutes!

Still, a great win by the Roo (and by his co-medallists too), and a great reminder what a stellar start to the year Macca had.

It's been an honour to watch the Roo develop from an enthusiastic if mulleted 17 year old to the highly decorated champion he is today.

That'd have to be the best Brownlow yet!! 3 worthy winners! :D (it's probably just me imagining things.. but did anybody else notice how they kept on saying that it could be more than 1 winner? it was like they were trying to hint at it)

Was awesome to see Roo win it :) Macca's going to be next! :p

felt so sorry for Wanganeen to only miss out by 1 vote after the fantastic year he had... :(

Hey guys,

Just wanted to pass on my Congratulations to The Roo!

I have always loved him as player and I am so glad that Bucks got to share this award with someone I personally hold in very high esteem.

You guys must be as rapt as I am (well maybe not quite :p ) but I thought Roo was a deserving winner and his speech was very honest and I thought, a little modest.

Originally posted by Leaping Lindner
I wouldn't have a problem with Roo or Vardy and TOA for that matter getting somesort of medal to show they were in the 97 squad and helped get us to the GF. But where do you draw the line? Brett Chalmers? Mark Viska? Sean Tasker? Tim Cook? Adam Ugrinic? Ben Parker? Nick Laidlaw? Brent Williams? Greg Dempsey? All these players were in the 97 squad as well.

In English soccer squad medals are struck for those that play a minimum amount of league games over the course of the season for the Champions.

It's really not that hard... and certainly less discriminatory than limiting the glory of a Premiership to just the 20/21/22 that run out on the final day of the season.

Originally posted by dyertribe
In English soccer squad medals are struck for those that play a minimum amount of league games over the course of the season for the Champions.

It's really not that hard... and certainly less discriminatory than limiting the glory of a Premiership to just the 20/21/22 that run out on the final day of the season.
I agree that AFL should award medal to the players that get the team there on only the 22 on the day. Wouldn't Modra be one of the stiffest to miss out after a great year in 97 just to miss GF with a knee injury.

Would say 5 games be enough to qualify??????

Originally posted by Stiffy_18
I agree that AFL should award medal to the players that get the team there on only the 22 on the day. Wouldn't Modra be one of the stiffest to miss out after a great year in 97 just to miss GF with a knee injury.
Modra did get a medal in 1997. ;)

Would say 5 games be enough to qualify??????
No medal for you, Aaron Keating. :p

Remove this Banner Ad

Back