Analysis Blowtorch thread: what was the worst performance of the round?

Remove this Banner Ad

Gold Coast I think this week, they should have outrun the Saints in a warmer than usual game after half time but capitulated. Something I noticed when we played them in the first round, they don't know how to handle a last quarter lead, they just stop. This will come in time but, that loss might be the difference between finishing 8th or 9th.

Richmond losing wasn't a surprise but them getting flogged was. Freo are hubbing right now and put up a decent showing against the lions. Hawks aren't there yet, even against half an eagles team. Carlton losing after being four goals up in the third sucks for them but they were up against the second best team in the comp so far. Essendon put up a good fight, Adelaide was average but they weren't expected to win. Swans did very well and the spoonbowl was as bad quality as we all imagined.

Nice deflection. Richmond was pumped by 10 goals. 4 scoring shots to 21 in the second half. :embarrassedv1:
Your team (and Adelaide) were the only ones to be "obliterated" in this round.

2nd half: Rich 2.2.14, Geel 13.8.82 :embarrassedv1:

Hawthorn was piss poor today (and will be piss poor in most games this year)
But it was nothing like Geelong's Friday night domination over the faltering Tigers.

You guys were bent over and the Cats went in dry. Final score: Rich 9.9.63, Geel 19.12.126

Q1: Haw 0.3, WCE 0.5
Q2: Haw 3.3, WCE 7.4 (Half time: 3.6 to 7.9)
Q3: Haw 2.4, WCE 4.2
Q4: Haw 3.2, WCE 3.3 (Full time: 8.12 to 14.14)

Do you enjoy quoting older posts out of context? I clearly made that comment before this round when you got reamed by St Kilda, scoring 0.0 in the first quarter. Pay a bit more attention next time.

Do you enjoy quoting older posts out of context? I clearly made that comment before this round when you got reamed by St Kilda, scoring 0.0 in the first quarter. Pay a bit more attention next time.
Oops! :$

Anyways... You got hit by the karma bus!

The Tigers were obliterated.

You guys get the blowtorch for this round.
giphy.gif

Although there will be speculation about Carlton's capitulation in the last quarter and Hawthorn's meek effort, Richmond should cop the most heat this week.

WCE and Dogs will possibly be top 4. Not sure how many expected them to lose. Neither Hawks or Blues were humiliated.

I dont think anyone expected the Tigers to be reamed.

I dont think anyone expected the Tigers to be reamed.
They weren't just reamed. They were soft and fumbly.

When was the last time a Richmond team shat their pants and got outmuscled and worked over in the contested aspects of the game?

It reminded me of those old school Geelong v Richmond 100 point thrashings from 2007/08

When was the last time a Richmond team shat their pants and got outmuscled and worked over in the contested aspects of the game?

They couldnt even take uncontested marks or handball 2 or 3 metres to open team mates.

Was shocking.

They couldnt even take uncontested marks or handball 2 or 3 metres to open team mates.

Was shocking.
Very happy for the Tiges to get the blowtorch this week, that was Geelong's night to enjoy after we made their lives a misery in Septembers over the last 4 years. Let's be very honest, if not for Richmond that Cats team would be B2B legends right now.

Have to think of Jeremy Cameron too, he suffered even greater humiliation in 2019, to lead a forward line that managed 25 points in a GF will sit heavy with him for the rest of his life.

The release of pain and grief was palpable at the ground, I for one am glad the Cats and their fans got a bit of catharsis, blowtorch away!!

It reminded me of those old school Geelong v Richmond 100 point thrashings from 2007/08
It reminded me of when we lost to geelong in 2019 by 67 points, a few months before claiming our 12th flag.

Richmond has to cop it this week. Quick 2nd half belt in Fri night GF rematch that leaves them at 4-4. Their best seems less frequent. Although they were in a similar spot in 2019.

Carlton and Gold Coast will be disappointed to have let slip winning positions, but they wilted at the crunch as their more experienced opponents lifted. 9th-12th hopefuls, but don’t look any serious threat at making the 8 in ‘21

Adelaide & Hawthorn were a bit crap too but as rebuilding bottom third sides slide under the radar. Adelaide’s form has worryingly declined though from a month ago.

ANZAC Eve

Sorry Saints fans but this thread needed a bump after a soulless effort against an admittedly quality team.

Honourable mentions to all the underperforming Melbourne teams. The Dogs and Dees and to a lesser extent the sleeping Tiger giant and improving Dons are flying the flag but the rest are meh.

Gold Coast I think this week, they should have outrun the Saints in a warmer than usual game after half time but capitulated. Something I noticed when we played them in the first round, they don't know how to handle a last quarter lead, they just stop. This will come in time but, that loss might be the difference between finishing 8th or 9th.

Richmond losing wasn't a surprise but them getting flogged was. Freo are hubbing right now and put up a decent showing against the lions. Hawks aren't there yet, even against half an eagles team. Carlton losing after being four goals up in the third sucks for them but they were up against the second best team in the comp so far. Essendon put up a good fight, Adelaide was average but they weren't expected to win. Swans did very well and the spoonbowl was as bad quality as we all imagined.
Richmond didn’t get flogged though,had a crack till the end,Lynch missed two set shots at the end there which would have made it a 3 goal margin.

Once we have our top 10 players back,Cotch,Lambert,Prestia,Bolton,Edwards we will be much better,also plenty of VFL players knocking on the door.

Any team,keep your best player in the side but then get rid of the next 5 best in line and see how you go?
All mids and matchwinners.

Add an umpiring nightmare and that’s where you will end up,I think Richmond have been brilliant in the circumstances but Dimma will always want more from his playing list,we are still adjusting to the rules Hocking made to stop us as well.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Undecided on if North deserve a bit of the blowtorch. Even though there are reasons for it, and we're early in the process of fixing them, we still had some really ******* awful issues coming to the fore against Essendon. Inability of our midfielders (and to a slightly lesser degree our forwards) to defend against the transition, and their positioning in general, was particularly awful.

Richmond didn’t get flogged though,had a crack till the end,Lynch missed two set shots at the end there which would have made it a 3 goal margin.

Once we have our top 10 players back,Cotch,Lambert,Prestia,Bolton,Edwards we will be much better,also plenty of VFL players knocking on the door.

Any team,keep your best player in the side but then get rid of the next 5 best in line and see how you go?
All mids and matchwinners.

Add an umpiring nightmare and that’s where you will end up,I think Richmond have been brilliant in the circumstances but Dimma will always want more from his playing list,we are still adjusting to the rules Hocking made to stop us as well.
You've replied to an old post, I posted it the week Geelong beat you by ten goals.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back