Injury Blue Healers Medical Room - 2019

Remove this Banner Ad

Just a sidenote to my previous post...

I was at 2 pre season sessions held on the Sunny Coast in February.

I was devestated to see Willo just walking around in club gear - no running, no light ball work - nothing. He looked to be walking gingerly and had lost a lot of muscle tone. Mac, Faz, Jack and even Lang were doing laps - Pickett was doing some cross training.

So to hear he's up for selection in the 2's - I'm stoked. Kids a jet.
Good luck champ

On SM-A520F using BigFooty.com mobile app

Last edited by a moderator:

Possibly just taken last weeks report minus 1 week. Or does the club submit those reports?

It's probably this.

And I must say, without seeing the 2 young guys making their return yet, Russell has done a great job rehabbing the injured players. Kreuzer looked great in his first match back, Marchbank appears really fit, Lang is building nicely. And now the big ones, Tom Williamson and Harrison Macreadie.

We're tracking to have the players available to have a strong second half of the year.

It appears more balanced IMO

Plowman is a conundrum for me, sometimes looks really good, other times not so much

I also can see Willow up the ground as a wingman as others have said. He’ll brain them in either spot the kid
Plowman is only a conodrum because why don’t have better at the minute.
I’ll put it this way if we had Tom Stewart today would you drop Plowman or simmo?
Easy for me

If Macreadie gets fit I'd like to seem him played on a wing. Tall and with good kicking skills, I reckon that can work.

I had to watch an U18s vid to remember what kind of player Macreadie is. Forgot how skilful by hand and foot, moves well and I recall from his debut he is super courageous.

AFL calibre, definitely.

I had to watch an U18s vid to remember what kind of player Macreadie is. Forgot how skilful by hand and foot, moves well and I recall from his debut he is super courageous.

AFL calibre, definitely.
It seriously remains a dream at this stage but if we can get Williamson (back flank/wing), Macreadie (third tall back/wing) and Cuningham (half forward) into the side we will be looking so much better. A good mix of pace, skill and footy smarts. Throw a fit Pickett in and things would start to get very interesting.

Sigh.

Plowman is only a conodrum because why don’t have better at the minute.
I’ll put it this way if we had Tom Stewart today would you drop Plowman or simmo?
Easy for me
Daisy is not a good defender, stop gap at best.

Reckon Simmo is in his last good year, hoping we have ready made replacements for when he is done.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

When tom is back, daisy goes straight to the fwd pocket to be the clever goal sneak we so desperately need. Team balance will look WAY better.

Fish and Daisy up forward gives us two guys than create in very little space. Also great at being in the right spot. Gibbons moves to high half fwd playing as an extra mid.

Sexual.

When tom is back, daisy goes straight to the fwd pocket to be the clever goal sneak we so desperately need. Team balance will look WAY better.

Fish and Daisy up forward gives us two guys than create in very little space. Also great at being in the right spot. Gibbons moves to high half fwd playing as an extra mid.

Sexual.
That escalated quickly.

Happy to leave it to Russell as to when Williamson returns to AFL

The responsible thing to do would be to have him slowly increase game time over several weeks.

I mean it wouldn't be fair for the opposition to face him for a full match straight away :p

If Macreadie gets fit I'd like to seem him played on a wing. Tall and with good kicking skills, I reckon that can work.
oh look, a suggested player move without the screaming, red-faced, sack everybody, monkey-poo throwing..........nice!

So it is official that Kym Le Bois & Matt Cottrell are missing. The club have notified Missing Persons & await updates.

In other news, the last rites delivered on Tom Williamson's career a couple of months ago have been found to have been delivered prematurely & are now officially withdrawn.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back