Injury Blue Healers Medical Room - 2019

Remove this Banner Ad

Yeap, spot on, have always seen him as a Westoff/Blicavs type and a starting position as a wingman suits perfectly
Is he a good enough runner to play wing? My initial reaction is no, but not entirely sure. His body shape and skills definitely suit the position.

Is he a good enough runner to play wing? My initial reaction is no, but not entirely sure. His body shape and skills definitely suit the position.

For what it's worth, here are a couple of pre-draft profiles

Matt Ballmer @ Draft Central:
Is a good rebounder who can intercept mark the ball – but one-on-one work will need some work. May turn into a midfielder at the next level pushing onto a wing or across half back.

Zero Hanger:
Versatile utility, primarily used as a defender, however, has been tried in the midfield and on the wing at times this season.

https://www.sen.com.au/news/2019/04/16/carlton-defender-to-play-first-game-since-2017/

Williamson and Macreadie are expected to play VFL this weekend.

Kreuzer in the mix for seniors.

looking for a bit more description of williamson and macreadie to help me on saturday - this is all I have so far - tom 2 at least with a nice straight back......

draw-stickman-1-anatomy-2.png

He is quicker than Westoff, but will need to continue to build his endurance

If he can reach those levels, he adds a point of difference

With Kreuzer, Williamson, Macreadie, Phillips, Kennedy, Cottrell and Fasolo named to play at some level this week, only a handful of players remain injured or unaccounted for:

- Docherty
- Pickett
- TDK
- Cuningham
- LeBois (seen running laps at training today, according to a FaceBook post, not totally MIA)

Cuningham and LeBois probably the closest to making their returns. Then TDK.

Gallery pics have DC in there running and also ball in hand in a contested drill. Sunday games vs HFC return? 4 & 1/2 weeks out.

How contested was the drill?

Its been reported that DC has been doing all his fitness work and it the med staff were only worried about it getting hurt during a game or contact drills.

If he is doing contact work, its a really good sign and he could be back before we know it.

How contested was the drill?

Its been reported that DC has been doing all his fitness work and it the med staff were only worried about it getting hurt during a game or contact drills.

If he is doing contact work, its a really good sign and he could be back before we know it.

It could have been a shepherding drill, keep DC out harm's way.

Straight back in could be on the cards - a much needed addition to our best line-up.

Took the words out of my mouth. Would love him to develop into a Tom Stewart type. My only knock on him is his overhead marking ( don’t post vision of his one hander at Etihad 😃) in the few games he played I noticed that wasn’t a strength.
Weitering, Jones,Marchbank,Simpson,Newman,Williamson that’s my back 6......what do you think? Plowman out?
I think at the moment no change to backline. If LOB needs more VFL time then I’d give Willo a crack on the wing. Next year Willo takes Simmo’s spot in the backline.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I think at the moment no change to backline. If LOB needs more VFL time then I’d give Willo a crack on the wing. Next year Willo takes Simmo’s spot in the backline.

Geez, I was just about to lambast you when I saw next year for Willo :), really missing his rebound & left boot since his injury. Re-read and wing will do just fine (could make a hell of an inside midfielder as well).

I was talking to my Willow source and he was saying Bolton wold be playing him now, Russell is holding him back and being really cautious. Apparently the goal is for him to play 15 games for the year. He also mentioned the Hawthorn game was being targeted for his return.

Willow can't speak highly enough of Russell and is apparently feeling the best he has felt in a long time.
Quoting this one again. Wonder if Russell is still giving the go ahead for this game.

No, it’s indefinite as we stand. We’re at 4 months since surgery (training up at the Goldie as well) that was the starting point for a return, so some sort of update should be available..

I have confidence that his rehab is progressing really well and he's approaching it with professionalism.

SOS drafts U18's with really strong character, resilience and determination.

Pickett has dealt with a lot of adversity with his constant string of injuries.

He's a highly talented player and the club knows it.

Watch Russell work wonders with Pickett and we'll see the best of his ability.

I have confidence that his rehab is progressing really well and he's approaching it with professionalism.

Maybe but mid-season draft adds a new dimension into LT recovery. Zero reports leads to being a casualty of the new system.

surely if he is to make it it must come from inside, regardless of the quality support he gets.........

Remove this Banner Ad

Back