Injury Blue Healers Medical Room - 2019

Remove this Banner Ad

Must admit i wasnt a huge fan last year when Bolts kept saying our players need to endure through injury...enduring is one thing, but i think more often than not we were crossing over the line into stupidity.

Proven by the number of players who played poorly and got re-injured in their first game back from injury.
Just really unprofessional and not up to standard in that area.

In Kreuzer's interview on the clubs website he made a remark how he was pushing to come back earlier and that in previous years he probably would have...but obviously Russell held him back.

Ageee totally. Weiters was one they wanted to toughen up and push to play through pain. Can’t help but wonder how much that impacted his 2018 performance.

Does anyone have an update on how Pickett is tracking? I’m one of the few that has faith that he could be a star if he commits himself and has a run at it

Updates on both Pickett and Docherty would be great.

Any chance of either of them playing this year?

Nearly has to be a record for the last 4-5 years yeah????

I reckon at least two decades mate. I actually do not recall us not having a bad run with injury for so many years.

Even 2011 when we only just lost a final in Perth we still had Kruezer, Gibbs and Waite out that week.
We've had no decent run for as long as I can remember.

Last edited:
Cottrell out from the NB team due to soreness.
They need to focus on his nutrition, because he's just burning through whatever they're feeding him.

That's leaving him with too little in the tank, and it's challenging both his repair mechanisms and his ability to minimise and avoid injury.

They need to focus on his nutrition, because he's just burning through whatever they're feeding him.

That's leaving him with too little in the tank, and it's challenging both his repair mechanisms and his ability to minimise and avoid injury.

He's been on the list for a few months? Very early assessment to make with not enough of an injury history to base it on, IMO.

He's been on the list for a few months? Very early assessment to make with not enough of an injury history to base it on, IMO.
The injury that was keeping him out during the pre-season was a hotspot in his foot, wasn't it?

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I can't remember it being mentioned, although apparently his knee was strapped today before the VFL match.
It was definitely listed as foot related, but the rest might be an assumption on my part.

Regardless, you only need to look at the lad to know he's not eating enough to maintain himself. I'm sure the numbers are decent, but he's a natural endurance athlete, so he's going to burn through most of what you throw at him, regardless if it's good for his metabolic health or not.

His body just needs more time to adjust to the demands it now requires. Hasn't been here long and had a mountain of work to do in that time.

I'm sure AR is all over it.

It is Cotrells job to be disciplined with the diet they have set up, I think that is what Jimsta is eluding to (feedback maybe he has heard?).

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

It was definitely listed as foot related, but the rest might be an assumption on my part.

Regardless, you only need to look at the lad to know he's not eating enough to maintain himself. I'm sure the numbers are decent, but he's a natural endurance athlete, so he's going to burn through most of what you throw at him, regardless if it's good for his metabolic health or not.

I agree, his body shape and development thus far suggests he has some things to work on.

His body just needs more time to adjust to the demands it now requires. Hasn't been here long and had a mountain of work to do in that time.

I'm sure AR is all over it.

It is Cotrells job to be disciplined with the diet they have set up, I think that is what Jimsta is eluding to (feedback maybe he has heard?).

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk
A guy like that is typically very meticulous with planning in order to be able to run the way he does. I'd suggest the issue is the numbers they're come up with.

This is largely a mild gripe, but he'll develop faster, and minimise injuries that come about through fatigue and overuse if they tweak it.

Does anyone have an update on what happened to Matthew Kreuzer?

Simpson was a hamstring and Newman copped a knock to his knee.

Apparently all that injury luck was just collecting and ready to burst...

Hamstring soreness for Simpson but no icing.
Kreuzer with a knee issue or am I missing something?
Not sure what happened to Newman?
Cripps was sore early in the game too, might've been ribs the way he was acting?

Looked like a shoulder. wouldn't be surprised if he had sore ribs too though!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back