Injury Blue Healers Medical Room - 2019

BJuddy

Team Captain
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Houston Rockets
He landed on the synthetic grass at Marvel which would have made his concussion worse.
Don't get me wrong I wasn't by any means trying to have a crack at him.
Very courageous effort.
I really sincerely hope that he is alright! (One of my favs). I was (and wasn't) shocked at how full on the concussion was thats all.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Styxx

Premiership Player
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Chicago Bulls
Williamson pushed back even further as the weeks go on. Has gone from 2 to 3 to now 3-4. That is really scary but Willo and Rhino kinda rhyme if you read between the lines.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

BlueJet

Premiership Player
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
North Ballarat
Don't get me wrong I wasn't by any means trying to have a crack at him.
Very courageous effort.
I really sincerely hope that he is alright! (One of my favs). I was (and wasn't) shocked at how full on the concussion was thats all.
Mate, I don't believe anyone thought you were having a crack.
The lingering effects of concussion have been known to last upwards of 6 months (not including the trauma itself) so while I'd love to have Jones back in the side, I'm glad the club is bringing him back slowly.

On SM-G965F using BigFooty.com mobile app

ferrisb

Brownlow Medallist
AFL Club
Carlton

AlecDuncan

Norm Smith Medallist
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
More Carlton
The lingering effects of concussion have been known to last upwards of 6 months (not including the trauma itself) so while I'd love to have Jones back in the side, I'm glad the club is bringing him back slowly.
A Saints member in the know says McCartin can’t even stay on a bike to ride it. We should be grateful if Liam comes back in a few weeks.

chipzac

Club Legend
AFL Club
Carlton
What happens then regarding Phillips Lobbe and tdk? They can't all play in the same team, especially if we want tdk to develop as a ruckman primarily, do we just have to alternate resting them ?

On CPH1877 using BigFooty.com mobile app
Rest one of Phillips or Lobbe but not TDK unless he needs it

LanceRomance

Brownlow Medallist
AFL Club
Carlton
Lobbe should have been asked to retire ahead of midseason draft to give us another pick. Absolute no-brainer. We’ve paid him good money to do very little so it’s not as if he’s a loyal servant.

A real lack of imagination with our list management of late.
My guess is that Lobbe is probably getting paid a fair bit more than what a rookie would.. May have other implications

Sharks On A Plane

Norm Smith Medallist
AFL Club
Carlton
Also very highly spoken of by other players as someone they are learning a lot from. TDK, McKay, Curnow etc.
Could have had the capacity to keep him on in a coaching role, salary cap permitting?

Would definitely prefer him as a ruck coach to Hamish McIntosh, Lobbe seems like a good leader with a strong work ethic.

F_therest

Brownlow Medallist
AFL Club
Carlton
Lobbe should have been asked to retire ahead of midseason draft to give us another pick. Absolute no-brainer. We’ve paid him good money to do very little so it’s not as if he’s a loyal servant.

A real lack of imagination with our list management of late.
Yeah...nah.

The pool of mid-draft talent wasn't great...many clubs were passing.

We've already added Gibbons, Cottrell and Deluca due to long-term injuries and Bugg retiring. We don't need another guy from the VFL when all the talent was gone and there was no Tim Kelly available.

Top Bottom