Mr_Plow

That name again...
May 18, 2008
Melbourne
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Red Wings
so whats wrong with stocker? bruised confidence?

Foot injury, details of which are undisclosed.

Hopefully it's just a simple minor impact injury, but when a guy who is fairly heavy is asked to do a s**t ton of running for the first time in his life, there is the potential for stress reactions in the foot...

Nov 1, 2013
Cabal headquarters
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Wouldn't dare...
so whats wrong with stocker? bruised confidence?
Bruised ego. Kicked his arse in Trivial Pursuit. And when he was a dick about it, I challenged him to pub trivia and I kicked his arse in that too.

Apparently there is some kind of physical injury too.

Nov 4, 2003
Earth, near Carlton.
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Tottenham Hotspur
Foot injury, details of which are undisclosed.

Hopefully it's just a simple minor impact injury, but when a guy who is fairly heavy is asked to do a **** ton of running for the first time in his life, there is the potential for stress reactions in the foot...
I reckon that might be understating the amount of work he did as a junior.

Nov 4, 2003
Earth, near Carlton.
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Tottenham Hotspur
Was under the impression running wasn't something he was known for as a younger man.
Not a noted elite runner, but was a game manager who dominated the contests and set the game up.

Best way for him to evolve that was going to be letting him into the stoppages at VFL and AFL level, which should hopefully start happening now.

Healer

Club Legend
Apr 16, 2018
Timboon
AFL Club
Carlton
Not a noted elite runner, but was a game manager who dominated the contests and set the game up.

Best way for him to evolve that was going to be letting him into the stoppages at VFL and AFL level, which should hopefully start happening now.
Looking forward to Stocker getting bigger, stronger and fitter. Talk about midfield bull, he could be a brute and a great partnering for Cripps in a couple of years.

InGibbsWeTrust

Debutant
Aug 18, 2009
AFL Club
Carlton
Just wondering if anyone has heard any updates on Doc’s knee and how his rehab has been progressing the last 4-6 weeks?
Purely curious.... thanks! Go blues!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Just wondering if anyone has heard any updates on Doc’s knee and how his rehab has been progressing the last 4-6 weeks?
Purely curious.... thanks! Go blues!

Dont know on rehab progress exactly but in his RSN interview the other day he did say he is aiming to play again this year but it's more likely that he won't.

Btw, the interview is a must listen for any blues fan...

https://player.whooshkaa.com/episode?id=381848

InGibbsWeTrust

Debutant
Aug 18, 2009
AFL Club
Carlton
Dont know on rehab progress exactly but in his RSN interview the other day he did say he is aiming to play again this year but it's more likely that he won't.

Thanks for that! I’ve missed that interview so I’ll give it a listen now. I was referring to the rehab on his knee sorry.... apologies if the terminology wasn’t correct

SammaGilberto

Premiership Player
May 2, 2014
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Baghdad Bombers
Unless young Liam is talking about learning how to cook ;)
Screenshot_20190609-182427_Instagram.jpg

Nov 11, 2005
Queensland
AFL Club
Carlton
Unless young Liam is talking about learning how to cook ;)
View attachment 689523
Now I see what has been going wrong at the club. Pink meat. Could you imagine Jimmy Buckley, The Dominator or Harmesy (among others) eating their meat pink? They would have wanted it cooked within an inch of its life.

Mar 1, 2009
Perth
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Chelsea
Now I see what has been going wrong at the club. Pink meat. Could you imagine Jimmy Buckley, The Dominator or Harmesy (among others) eating their meat pink? They would have wanted it cooked within an inch of its life.
Diesel would have eaten his raw.

Oct 2, 2007
Perth
AFL Club
Carlton

Russell has show hes very conservative with injuries compared to the prior regime.

And that's a good thing.

Doc wont play this year. Fair bit of medical evidence that while you can play 12 months after a knee, longer is better.

No need to rush him back at all. I'd 100 percent mothball him to day 1 of preseason.

Hes too important to take any kind of risk with.

Aug 27, 2014
spacetime
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
there are no other teams worthy
Any word on O'Brien?

Plenty...from this great site..http://www.blueseum.org/Paddy+O'Brien
Patrick Joseph “Paddy” O’Brien was almost the perfect footballer for his era. Highly skilled, athletic and as tough as teak, he played 167 games and kicked 7 goals for Carlton in a celebrated career that stretched over 13 seasons between 1913 and 1925. Two of those matches were Grand Final victories; in 1914 over South Melbourne, and in 1915 over Collingwood. He also played in two other losing Grand Final sides (in 1916 and 1921), won the game’s highest individual honour, and served as both playing coach and captain of the Old Dark Navy Blues.

OBrien%20Carlton%20clr.jpg

Back