Injury Blue Healers Medical Room - 2019

Remove this Banner Ad

get the feeling this is not a happy-ending Schindler's list type list, is it?

Don't bag Carlton players unless you are 100% certain of what you are saying - and prepared to eat humble pie when you get it wrong...we all get it wrong at some point - cop it on the chin.:moustache:

Bamboo Harvester

Premiership Player
Sep 19, 2018
Shark Bay
AFL Club
Carlton
I've always been a Pickett fan....never hidden my excitement of having the 'new' 3 amigo's with himself, SPS and Garlett....even Lebois....

Purely from a list management point of view though, wouldn't be surprised if they delisted him, with the view of rookie listing him, given his recent history. Give him a chance to justify to the club that he is serious, and has the commitment to meet the requirements of an AFL footballer. He really could be anything if he set his mind to it.

At the end of the year, we need to move on possibly 5-6 senior players if we're looking to trade in....and having the mandatory 3 picks in the ND.

Pickett doubters ;) pace to break lines, nice kick, but fragile body and questionable commitment. Eyes are elsewhere until proven otherwise.

You know what they say about blokes who try and sit on a fence? Stay there long enough and you end up with a Pickett up the claka.

just sayin

I've always been a Pickett fan....never hidden my excitement of having the 'new' 3 amigo's with himself, SPS and Garlett....even Lebois....

Purely from a list management point of view though, wouldn't be surprised if they delisted him, with the view of rookie listing him, given his recent history. Give him a chance to justify to the club that he is serious, and has the commitment to meet the requirements of an AFL footballer. He really could be anything if he set his mind to it.

At the end of the year, we need to move on possibly 5-6 senior players if we're looking to trade in....and having the mandatory 3 picks in the ND.

They've stuck with Le Bois - obviously they see something in him most don't- lots of people can see what Pickett's got- he won't be cut - unless he chooses.

Doro

Collective Narcissism Support Group
Sep 22, 2011
62 West Wallaby St.
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Wensleydale Wanderers
You know what they say about blokes who try and sit on a fence? Stay there long enough and you end up with a Pickett up the claka.

just sayin

No splinters here JAB, just doubts. Not all opinions about the playing group need to reach the whipping boy/ valiant Knight/defender of the faith extremes we have had in this place. Good luck to your man in his rehab.

Blue and Blue

Norm Smith Medallist
Jul 29, 2018
On the glory road
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Everton
No splinters here JAB, just doubts. Not all opinions about the playing group need to reach the whipping boy/ valiant Knight/defender of the faith extremes we have had in this place. Good luck to your man in his rehab.
But its not JAB's man. Its our man. He is a Carlton player. And I assume all here are actually Carlton Supporters though I wonder sometimes.
Doubts is one thing. Its ok to discuss those but the player bashing and the categorical statements of doom are not.
The club will deal with it, any amount of words of vehemence placed here wont hasten the process.

Doro

Collective Narcissism Support Group
Sep 22, 2011
62 West Wallaby St.
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Wensleydale Wanderers
But its not JAB's man. Its our man. He is a Carlton player. And I assume all here are actually Carlton Supporters though I wonder sometimes.
Doubts is one thing. Its ok to discuss those but the player bashing and the categorical statements of doom are not.
The club will deal with it, any amount of words of vehemence placed here wont hasten the process.

Yep he is a Carlton player, but when trying to have a balanced discussion about a player we get this 'player bashing ' and 'statements of doom ' stuff. The good thing for Jarrod is he gets to make his own future, won't happen on Bigfooty with the positive or negative observations.

Yep he is a Carlton player, but when trying to have a balanced discussion about a player we get this 'player bashing ' and 'statements of doom ' stuff. The good thing for Jarrod is he gets to make his own future, won't happen on Bigfooty with the positive or negative observations.

Forums would be dead zones of boringness if different opinions didn't exist - I'm tongue in cheek ( obviously) about my 'list'.

However I've become a bit 'sensitive' to views about players I consider to have factor X but who are also very young and under developed and asked to play in a very young and underdeveloped team whilst often carrying injuries ( learning to endure) and playing against much more developed ( bigger /faster) opponents - and then being slammed for any perceived 'deficiencies' - unfairly. So a bit of 'pushback' is fair enough too.

I've seen it with Weitering and Cuningham and SOJ and now Pickett and I myself have been a bit disappointed with SPS last year. We sometimes forget they are just kids growing into their bodies and developing mentally as well. Even as I ttype this I have to admit to a skeptical view on Polson as a contrary example.

This rebuild caper was always going to be a long term grind and a lot of embarrassing smashing on field goes along with putting the time into development. 2 years from now the core side will be able to afford to bring in talented younger players and protect them much better than what was able to be achieved over the last couple of years. I'm a tad frustrated but also heartened by the fact that players like LoB and Stocker and TDK etc can now be developed in a stronger VFL side and given the time they might require to develop stronger bodies before being shoved into mission impossible.

Its all good Doro :thumbsu:

Blue and Blue

Norm Smith Medallist
Jul 29, 2018
On the glory road
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Everton
Forums would be dead zones of boringness if different opinions didn't exist - I'm tongue in cheek ( obviously) about my 'list'.

However I've become a bit 'sensitive' to views about players I consider to have factor X but who are also very young and under developed and asked to play in a very young and underdeveloped team whilst often carrying injuries ( learning to endure) and playing against much more developed ( bigger /faster) opponents - and then being slammed for any perceived 'deficiencies' - unfairly. So a bit of 'pushback' is fair enough too.

I've seen it with Weitering and Cuningham and SOJ and now Pickett and I myself have been a bit disappointed with SPS last year. We sometimes forget they are just kids growing into their bodies and developing mentally as well. Even as I ttype this I have to admit to a skeptical view on Polson as a contrary example.

This rebuild caper was always going to be a long term grind and a lot of embarrassing smashing on field goes along with putting the time into development. 2 years from now the core side will be able to afford to bring in talented younger players and protect them much better than what was able to be achieved over the last couple of years. I'm a tad frustrated but also heartened by the fact that players like LoB and Stocker and TDK etc can now be developed in a stronger VFL side and given the time they might require to develop stronger bodies before being shoved into mission impossible.

Its all good Doro :thumbsu:
Ecxellent post mate. Your words encapsulate my own thoughts and feelings precisely. Oh yes its a place for frank and heated at times discussion, but by jingoes there are times when I feel some of the voices should be delisted.....'so and so wont make it...is crap...weak...slow..if so and so ever plays again I will hand back my membership'....that sort of thing makes my blood boil much more than a mistake by a 21 year old out there in the thick of it.

Mr_Plow

That name again...
May 18, 2008
Melbourne
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Red Wings
So a year of secret spear training....good stuff....we can truly say he will stick it right up em......

GregariousMassiveAsianconstablebutterfly-small.gif

The past 12 months, it has all come to this...

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Buckenara had Lebois at pick #22 in his ND phantom draft that year....he's got some serious talent, just needs a good run at it...

Injuries have severely impacted LeBois' development, but he has looked Bucken miles off making it at AFL level.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back