Injury Blue Healers Medical Room - 2019

Nov 13, 2015
In Transit
AFL Club
Carlton
Phillips is 27. Lobbe is 30. Not exactly geriatrics at those ages.
Unless we think that we can acquire a 'hero' that will take over the #1 mantle, don't bother. Surely don't need a 26 year old C-Grader.

Shame for TDK but at least it's not a long-termer, by the sounds of things.
Wonder what Stockers situation is though?

Not sure why we keep going over this, Phillips, Lobbe, MK are inept forward, in a couple of years they will be finished or even more irrelevant. If TDK is out with an injury we have no one to ruck

Part ways with 2 of our older ruckmen, target a player that is a genuine ruck/forward 22-26 in the next 2 years

That simple

Not sure why we keep going over this, Phillips, Lobbe, MK are inept forward, in a couple of years they will be finished or even more irrelevant. If TDK is out with an injury we have no one to ruck

Part ways with 2 of our older ruckmen, target a player that is a genuine ruck/forward 22-26 in the next 2 years

That simple

But a C-Grade ruckman......What? Give me an example of who.
Your expression of B and C graders may be different to mine.

Not required for this year at all.
Keep the eyes focussed on requirements and not accessories.

We haven't much collateral to acquire a serious ruck-man at this stage. I'd leave that for 2020 at this stage, at least.

Nov 13, 2015
In Transit
AFL Club
Carlton

We haven't much collateral to acquire a serious ruck-man at this stage. I'd leave that for 2020 at this stage, at least.

Forget the names, just the type:

Vardy, Lycett, Sinclair, Nankervis

Pretty sure all of them would of been rated in the B-C class

I let others concern themselves with short term reactive needs and I am confident our list managers will have an eye in the medium term

Just like we added another young midfielder last year in Stocker, while many thought we didn't need anymore kids

Nov 4, 2003
Earth, near Carlton.
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Tottenham Hotspur
This will be a good test case for how well our dietary approach is going. Could accelerate return by as much as 2 weeks.

You had an actual doctor commenting! :p

Just wanted a second opinion ;) :p:p:mask::mask::grimacing::grimacing::grimacing:

Aug 26, 2004
CHANEL BOUTIQUE!
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
"Goddess"
Phillips is 27. Lobbe is 30. Not exactly geriatrics at those ages.
Unless we think that we can acquire a 'hero' that will take over the #1 mantle, don't bother. Surely don't need a 26 year old C-Grader.

Shame for TDK but at least it's not a long-termer, by the sounds of things.
Wonder what Stockers situation is though?

That simple

by all reports he was tearing it up in the VFL... hopefully he continues with his previous form when he returns.
Forget the names, just the type:

Vardy, Lycett, Sinclair, Nankervis

Pretty sure all of them would of been rated in the B-C class

I let others concern themselves with short term reactive needs and I am confident our list managers will have an eye in the medium term

Just like we added another young midfielder last year in Stocker, while many thought we didn't need anymore kids

As was phillips and Lobbe.

Yet both struggle when resting forward, in fact, have zero presence

Come on guys this is NOT a List Management thread.

Plenty of other threads for List discussion!

Come on guys this is NOT a List Management thread.

Plenty of other threads for List discussion!
Looks like you managed to list most of the thread ...

Soapy V

Brownlow Medallist
Sep 17, 2015
AFL Club
Carlton
Not good but not bad either. Won't miss too long and should be back training in a month. Continuity is vital for a player like him. Has looked really good in pre season and was building nicely. IMO still a year or so away but hope he can get some games in second half of the year. Impressive kid

Jul 7, 2018
AFL Club
Carlton
Not good but not bad either. Won't miss too long and should be back training in a month. Continuity is vital for a player like him. Has looked really good in pre season and was building nicely. IMO still a year or so away but hope he can get some games in second half of the year. Impressive kid

The tough thing about missing this part of the season is that it’s the best time to be a key forward. Usually dry, still conditions giving plenty of opportunities to take some grabs to build your confidence heading into the winter.

Hope it gives him more of a chance to keep building his upper body at least.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

The tough thing about missing this part of the season is that it’s the best time to be a key forward. Usually dry, still conditions giving plenty of opportunities to take some grabs to build your confidence heading into the winter.

Hope it gives him more of a chance to keep building his upper body at least.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app
Maybe he could get some tips from Simmo, he started off with a similar shape

8-10 weeks

That's a shame. Was just starting to get on a bit of a form roll and now off his feet again.
Really would have liked to have seen TDK play forward in the NB's early on. Oh well.

Any news on Stocker? Kennedy? LeBois?
Don't want our NB's to be reduced to 10 CFC players, again.

agro

Norm Smith Medallist
Jun 7, 2003
Melbourne
AFL Club
Carlton
Another set back in player development bloody hell.
Could of been worse

Williamson, Macreadie, Cuningham, Marchbank, and now TDK how many of our young players have missed crucial development and continuity of games in their first years with us - its actually killed us in terms of where we should be.

:mad:

gardiner stand

Premiership Player
Dec 3, 2010
fitzroy
AFL Club
Carlton
Williamson, Macreadie, Cuningham, Marchbank, and now TDK how many of our young players have missed crucial development and continuity of games in their first years with us - its actually killed us in terms of where we should be.

:mad:
It has killed us but at least it’s more bad luck than bad management.
Every cloud has a silver lining more games for the other kids.

Back