Injury Blue Healers Medical Room - 2019

Judds Junk

Senior List
Oct 14, 2017
AFL Club
Carlton
Unfortunately the only thing we can go off is the club website at the moment.

Out for the season. Hopefully everything is tracking well and he's in good spirits.

Look forward to seeing him back out on the park.

I have a bad feeling about Pickett... shows up out of shape, gets injured, the date keeps getting pushed back and back with no update from the club, until finally out of the blue they rule him out for the season... makes me wonder if he hasn't applied himself to his rehab and the club have had enough.

I hope I'm wrong.

Apr 4, 2018
AFL Club
Carlton
Unfortunately the only thing we can go off is the club website at the moment.

Out for the season. Hopefully everything is tracking well and he's in good spirits.

Look forward to seeing him back out on the park.
Thanks E65.....would be great to see him and LOB fit and strong and in best 22 next year... their speed could add some real excitement into our attack

We could have Jones, Plowman and Simpson return next week.

Suddenly we'll have selection headaches for all the right reasons.

Knowing us, we'll have a player suffering from severe 'Selection Headaches'...

djw1952

Club Legend
Oct 28, 2009
mentone
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
liverpool
Tell you what would be good for the MC? Having a full ******* squad to pick from so they can win some games and not get the sack at the end of the year.

Oh look, Geelong get 0 injuries and Ablett gets off. Meanwhile we lose Plowman after getting belted in the jaw, lose him for a week and didn't even get a free kick. Tough prick played out the game too.

Walsh gets charged with a fine too for nothing.

See Rampe has been charged with something and also has to do a 'please explain'? After the AFL 'ticked it off'. Like is this league actually a circus right now?

Honestly after these continuous bizarre events along with this years umpiring I'm genuinely slowly becoming a tin foil hat nuffie and starting to think the AFL is corrupt.
I am in full agreement with your comments about the afl being a complete circus and week by week their decisions are becoming just so obviously bias. I love Fyfe as a player but that hit was worth 2 weeks suspension and because he is a brownlow favourite they let him off!!! As far as I can see the afl are just asking for someone to get their jaw broken and this technical crap of a player getting off because the other guy plays out the game is crap, as it should be about intent not outcome or you are just inviting Ablett and others to go on throwing out an elbow every time they tackle someone. As far as the umpiring is concerned and taking out the norf game in which the frees were even, Carlton has had 35 free kicks less in our 3 games against the Haws,WB & Col and that is just making it even harder for us to stay in a game. What did Walsh get fined for, because I haven`t seen it anywhere? I believe that the afl have dragged the game down into becoming just too confusing to watch and are not honest enough to admit that they have made it more difficult to umpire, play and watch............and boy do they play favourites with some of the teams.............it is all very "black and white" at the moment............lots of bums on seats thanks!!! Just a question from left of centre but what does the "tin foil hat" reference mean, because I have a song by Todd Rundgren about "the man in the tin foil hat" and it seems like a put down of trump (which is good) but what is the stigma actually about??? :devil:

mcgovern would look even worse in that shot - not just because he would be considered an interloper - yet he keeps getting to contests and kicking goals - I think care needs to be taken on a player's external physique when judging their fitness - in saying that yes, mostly afl players are pretty darn ripped.......

Macca43

Premiership Player
Mar 10, 2011
AFL Club
Carlton
mcgovern would look even worse in that shot - not just because he would be considered an interloper - yet he keeps getting to contests and kicking goals - I think care needs to be taken on a player's external physique when judging their fitness - in saying that yes, mostly afl players are pretty darn ripped.......
I could live with McGovern getting fit enough to get more than 10 possessions and 5 marks in a game but he does make a impact impact from minimal possessions.

Straight kicking and not being outmarked makes a big difference

I have a bad feeling about Pickett... shows up out of shape, gets injured, the date keeps getting pushed back and back with no update from the club, until finally out of the blue they rule him out for the season... makes me wonder if he hasn't applied himself to his rehab and the club have had enough..
They'll have to cut that indigenous jumper off him.

I'm glad we don't have clowns running the fitness department anymore, AR managed to fix JOM and he looked absolutely cooked at one stage in his career.
true that but getting back to pick pick picketty, jom had no commitment issues far as I know.....

PrinceCharles

Norm Smith Medallist
Oct 18, 2016
AFL Club
Carlton
I have a bad feeling about Pickett... shows up out of shape, gets injured, the date keeps getting pushed back and back with no update from the club, until finally out of the blue they rule him out for the season... makes me wonder if he hasn't applied himself to his rehab and the club have had enough.

I hope I'm wrong.
Pretty sure he was pretty much ruled out for the season right from the start.

Dadda Dave

Brownlow Medallist
Apr 23, 2017
AFL Club
Carlton
I go off the grid for 24 hours and find out today what you guys knew a day ago.

Apologies for the late reaction but I’m really down on seeing Willo out, this back thing doesn’t appear to be going away.

Very concerning at his age
Hopefully it's not related to previous injury..someone mentioned it was a knee in the back or something..

Mar 1, 2005
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
carlton
I feel for Bolts and SOS the most because these crucial injuries are costing us wins. Wins in a season where we desperately need them to avoid the spoon. Williamson hurting his back again just makes me die a little bit inside. It's a death by a thousand cuts.

I dont think Willo was playing that well, he was still a bit rusty. But the signs were there that he was improving. It shouldnt impact team performance too much especially with Newman coming back in- the backline shouldnt suffer too much.
Hopefully they are just being very conservative with him - especially in the back region where he has a lot of problems. Unless it is a major injury , he should come back fit and firing and fresher than ever

true that but getting back to pick pick picketty, jom had no commitment issues far as I know.....
Guys like Pickett frustrate me. All the talent in the world, just not the drive to want it badly enough. Menzel the same.

Back