Injury Blue Healers Medical Room - 2019

Remove this Banner Ad

Guys like Pickett frustrate me. All the talent in the world, just not the drive to want it badly enough. Menzel the same.
How do you know he doesn’t have the drive. He’s had long term injuries in all bar one season he’s been in the system. These comments annoy me because you think you understand a players psyche from the outside when you really know jack shite. I don’t blame the guy for getting down after all the injuries he’s copped. Maybe you should watch the footage of him bawling his eyes out when he got injured to see if he really wants it.

How do you know he doesn’t have the drive. He’s had long term injuries in all bar one season he’s been in the system. These comments annoy me because you think you understand a players psyche from the outside when you really know jack shite. I don’t blame the guy for getting down after all the injuries he’s copped. Maybe you should watch the footage of him bawling his eyes out when he got injured to see if he really wants it.

If you want it badly you don’t come back with a muffin top....multiple times

He’ll be kept on if he gives his recovery and body the due respect a professional attitude would bring.

You would think the penny has dropped, time will tell

I feel bad for him because of his injuries.

But people can only make comment about his drive on what they see. Does a few minutes of crying mean more than a whole off season of getting out of shape?

Fair enough supporters question his commitment. The playing group did too. They sent him off to train away from the group because of it.

I think the leadership group would know best.

Has had multiple chances for "the penny to drop", lets just hope it actually does this time. Talent is undeniable, but he would be on his last chance with getting into AFL shape.

plus kreuz pulled up well - no-one mentions the saddler and how well his knee has come back.............

Indeed. I thought he looked a bit ginger late and wasn't changing direction all that well but he'll just keep chugging along.

No hamstring scare for McGovern either, thank goodness. And lower body injuries to both Charlie and Fisher during the match have settled.

I reckon we've got our eye on the Saints for Jones and Simmo. Plow should be back as well.
I so wanna beat those peanuts!

Congrats by the way

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I think we've been extra conservative this year with injuries and have been holding guys back an extra week before selection. So seeing Williamson out for 2 weeks, while concerning, perhaps is just precautionary.

He managed to finish out the game and when that happens normally guys are right to play the next week. But because it's Tom and with his history they're perhaps just being extra cautious. He didn't seem that bad on the day or after the game.

I think we've been extra conservative this year with injuries and have been holding guys back an extra week before selection. So seeing Williamson out for 2 weeks, while concerning, perhaps is just precautionary.

He managed to finish out the game and when that happens normally guys are right to play the next week. But because it's Tom and with his history they're perhaps just being extra cautious. He didn't seem that bad on the day or after the game.

i was thinking(hoping the same thing). But also - Even though it is disputed here, having an increased depth to our list, also gives us less pressure to keep players in the side if carrying small injuries

Agreed. A cool down injury and they can still play while they are at elevated match temperature. But once they stop is when the muscle contracts and gets sore and stiff. Reckon we have all had one of those and they tend to recover fine.

Even though it is disputed here, having an increased depth to our list, also gives us less pressure to keep players in the side if carrying small injuries
and having ar saying "no - not yet"..........

Poster before you mentions depth... And you don't even nibble.

You've changed, man...

Poster before you mentions depth... And you don't even nibble.

You've changed, man...
thread lives and dies on its own merit...........always has..........pretty sure.............

Remove this Banner Ad

Back