Injury Blue Healers Medical Room - 2019

Remove this Banner Ad

Why? To the first statement, not the second.

Back injuries are tricky at the best of times, let alone when you are an elite athlete in a contact sport. He spent all of last year struggling with it and made it back for one game and is now out for the season again. I don't think it's being toooo chicken little to think that it looks pretty bad for him. The fact that he only made it back for one game is the most concerning part.

Caveat: not a doctor and obvs hope not remotely near the mark.

This might be a stupid question, but will Weiters miss games with a broken nose?
Couldn't imagine him out there in a physical sport without a few weeks for the bone to heal.

Wouldn't surprise me if he spends a few weeks on the sidelines.

Think Dylan Grimes had a similar sort of injury and came back with a face mask.

We've got options. Either Goddard comes into the side or Casboult plays in defense. Helps that McKay should return next week too.

Wouldn't surprise me if he spends a few weeks on the sidelines.

Think Dylan Grimes had a similar sort of injury and came back with a face mask.

We've got options. Either Goddard comes into the side or Casboult plays in defense. Helps that McKay should return next week too.

Weiterbots don't die.

If my son …. and I say this knowing some of you will ridicule ... came to me with a broken nose, not only would I correct it (and seek medical attention), I would send him back out.

Some of you may be relieved I am not a Carlton Physician, others will know that I do not tolerate lack of passion.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Weiterbots don't die.

If my son …. and I say this knowing some of you will ridicule ... came to me with a broken nose, not only would I correct it (and seek medical attention), I would send him back out.

Some of you may be relieved I am not a Carlton Physician, others will know that I do not tolerate lack of passion.
Spot on MC, you just grab the shnoz between your index and middle finger, pull it straight as you pull down and out, then ease it up.
Yank I know broke this poms nose, felt bad about it it so he fixed it that way and the pommy fella could keep on drinking with us.... life in China

Weiterbots don't die.

I've reset my own nose a few times. Breathing isn't great few awhile but you can run it off.

Concussion is probably the bigger risk
Spot on MC, you just grab the shnoz between your index and middle finger, pull it straight as you pull down and out, then ease it up.
Yank I know broke this poms nose, felt bad about it it so he fixed it that way and the pommy fella could keep on drinking with us.... life in China
While I can respect that a typical nose break is a simple fix and then icing the bruising, this was Weiters caving his face in.

He'll have concussion, and may have fractured the frontal bone on his skull, or suffered a Le Fort fracture.

I've reset my own nose a few times. Breathing isn't great few awhile but you can run it off.

Concussion is probably the bigger risk
run your nose off?

Couldn't imagine him out there in a physical sport without a few weeks for the bone to heal.
Why? Just a bit of pain, nothing life threatenning. Not like it can get broken worse, or will be affected when running. As long as the swelling is down so he can breath you'd play and if he got a knock on, get it jabbed up. Only issue is Weits does have a bit of a honker. Could get clipped easily.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back