Injury Blue Healers Medical Room - 2019

Nov 4, 2003
Earth, near Carlton.
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Tottenham Hotspur
Cripps and McKay expected to play. Cuningham and Stocker one week away.

No mention of Weitering is likely good news?

Marchbank obviously season.

As per Jacob. :thumbsu:

The club always seem to act coy when it comes to injuries that might be 1 week stints, so we won't know his real status until Thursday night.

Jul 7, 2018
AFL Club
Carlton
The club always seem to act coy when it comes to injuries that might be 1 week stints, so we won't know his real status until Thursday night.

Yeah, i think this is fair enough. If a bloke is a chance of playing you’d rather not give the opposition any awareness of the niggles blokes are playing through. It’s only when they’ve missed a game that you need to come clean because obviously something was wrong.

Annoying as a supporter but it’s a fair priority.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

F_therest

Brownlow Medallist
Oct 3, 2013
AFL Club
Carlton
Yeah, i think this is fair enough. If a bloke is a chance of playing you’d rather not give the opposition any awareness of the niggles blokes are playing through. It’s only when they’ve missed a game that you need to come clean because obviously something was wrong.

Annoying as a supporter but it’s a fair priority.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Freo would have been preparing for Cripps to play in our game, plus McKay & Cunners.

Suddenly all their planning goes out the window and we have an unpredictable set up...it would have made things that little bit harder for them as opposed to them planning for it all week, which could have been the difference between a close win or loss. Don't mind it.

Looks like Weitering should be available next week, along with Cuningham and Stocker.

McGovern to be managed with a training block over the next few weeks, according to the article on website.
So how is he less fit than previous games?

I'd imagine he has been playing through injuries for most of the year and it has now gotten to the point where he just can't impact games properly. A progressive decline.
I'm surprised A Russell would sign that off, i.e. let him play so unfit
Guess he was out voted

Nov 4, 2003
Earth, near Carlton.
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Tottenham Hotspur
I'd imagine he has been playing through injuries for most of the year and it has now gotten to the point where he just can't impact games properly. A progressive decline.
Yup, I think they eked everything they could out of him before the bye, but couldn't rest him after the first week back because everyone went down with injury.

Finally gets a chance to recover properly.

Back