Injury Blue Healers Medical Room - 2020

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Can’t believe such a valuable player is doing rehabilitation on his own. Even in these times laws allow one on one PT access. Does this all stem back to the Booz wedding earlier in the year when the coaches and club turn a blind eye to inappropriate behaviour. That’s right there are rules for some and not others!

I think the players (comp wide) are in off-season mode. So the clubs can't make them do anything official.

Any training/rehab they are doing is optional (even though it isn't really).

I think the players (comp wide) are in off-season mode. So the clubs can't make them do anything official.

Any training/rehab they are doing is optional (even though it isn't really).

This sounds about right.
Such a shame that Charlie has suffered another setback in his rehab.
Get him right for round 1, 2021.

Charlie was doing his recovery program, enthusiastic, keen trainer desperately trying to achieve rapid progress. Such a common outcome, an older wiser head with experience may have taken things slightly slower. Hopefully he can just dial it down now and come back to rehab in 2 months without a hiccup.
I feel for him but this season is the best year to miss (if I had to pick 1).
Come back bigger and stronger Charlie.
based on AR's report Charlie was following the rehab program provided by the clubs physios and doing squats with light weights (which caused the hairline fracture) was part of the program. It seems physios didn't allow adequate time for his knee cap to heel.

On SM-G920I using BigFooty.com mobile app

To turn a relatively minor knee injury into a year or more out of the game is beyond unlucky. Still young though, he only just turned 23. This year is a write off, so, with some decent luck we have a full list in 2021. The ability to land Kemp this year after sliding in the draft order will prove very fortunate. Gotta be positive.

Can’t believe such a valuable player is doing rehabilitation on his own. Even in these times laws allow one on one PT access. Does this all stem back to the Booz wedding earlier in the year when the coaches and club turn a blind eye to inappropriate behaviour. That’s right there are rules for some and not others!
I blame Cain Liddle and am amazed that you didn't before you headed off on your little holiday

Disappointing news.

I have said it before and I sincerely hope I am wrong but I sense Charlie may be one of those players blessed with talent that just may not be able to consistently get the body right for AFL footy, Yes he is still young but has been with us for around 5 seasons now. The past few have been decimated by injuries.

What happened to Kreuzer? I have not heard what the actual injury was out of the first game?

That is a shame.....slim chance for round 2? If he doesn't get back this year I reckon That may be curtains.

I wouldn't have thought so - given we don't know when R2 will be or if there even will be one.

Think he'll go around for 1 more year but yes it's definitely possible we won't see him out there again wearing navy blue.

Rehab is a fickle beast, work too hard at it run the risk of reinjure (similar to Brock McLean)
Take it too easy and you're percieved to have not taken it seriously (Kristian jaksch) it's something I imagine needs to be micro managed and tailored which is proving very difficult in this climate.

A part of me thinks we'll continue to see Charlie 'knee setback' articles for the next couple of seasons, to be honest his knee sounds like a complete trainwreck.

I wouldn't be surprised if he then retires. Year off and possibly gets given a second chance at Geelong, closer to home etc.

Terrible and no doubt a worst case scenario, but I can see it happening.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

A part of me thinks we'll continue to see Charlie 'knee setback' articles for the next couple of seasons, to be honest his knee sounds like a complete trainwreck.

I wouldn't be surprised if he then retires. Year off and possibly gets given a second chance at Geelong, closer to home etc.

Terrible and no doubt a worst case scenario, but I can see it happening.

A part of me sees Charlie dominates “finals” games articles and unlucky to miss out on two norm smith articles in the next few years. Ends up being a legend of the club... glass half full.

Could be an anything player, been crying out for some freaks particularly key forwards the kid oozes class ... We need this kid too have Lady Luck on his side and somehow have the chance too show his s**t... Curnow McKay and DeKoniing are our future guns coming through, Charlie is a friggin freak..
Every time someone says this, it reminds me of a giant pimple being popped.

Curnow has had a few injuries, not that uncommon. What might happen in regards to long term changes is that he plays closer to goal. Not uncommon for tall forwards to have injuries or fitness issues but still be a part of a successful side. As for playing this season. Who can rule him out if we don't know how long the season will be going for?

Curnow has had a few injuries, not that uncommon. What might happen in regards to long term changes is that he plays closer to goal. Not uncommon for tall forwards to have injuries or fitness issues but still be a part of a successful side. As for playing this season. Who can rule him out if we don't know how long the season will be going for?

Boxing Day Grand final? Apparently Cricket Australia were playing hard ball with the MCG on the contract which was to be renewed this year and it is still unsigned. maybe the AFL could make it worth CA's while to walk away from the BD test this year freeing up the MCG for another 3-4 months fro AFL

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back