Injury Blue Healers Medical Room - 2020

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Close to 4 months now since his latest operation to presumably reconstruct his kneecap with some hardware.

Running on the anti-gravity machine a few weeks ago... now pictured outdoors handling the ball and in pretty fine shape...

Doesn't look like a guy who the club are putting in cotton wool or a player who believes he is out of the picture come finals...

Or maybe this is all just rehabilitation? Not a bad card to have up your sleeve.

Teague said in his press conference last week that charlie wont play this year (someone asked when he thinks he'll get all of Mckay, Curnow and GOv in the same side)

Even though Pittonet has done an outstanding job this year, having Kreuzer ready towards the back end of the year is a bonus. Even if its just to give Pittonet a rest as he has carried a huge load.
Pittonet been good but certainly cannot provide the actual agility Kruezer can in actual normal traffic once the actual ruck duel is done with. I thought he was quite good one on one in ruck duel against a top notch ruck in Goldstein. But beyond that, there is not a lot more to his game. He is actually quite a different ruck to Kruezer. Kruezer is nothing special in the actual tap outs but very special beyond that. It is a good contrast to have as long as other players adjust to the differing styles of two rucks we have. Pittonet may improve over time in other areas so once Kruezer retires we might have an excellent number one ruck straight away. Been an excellent pick up.

Charlie is a big loss. Marchy would be handy too.

All the others are replaceable so I don't think the injury toll is that bad. The number make it look worse than it really is.
A fully fit Charlie next year puts us into legit finals contention

Close to 4 months now since his latest operation to presumably reconstruct his kneecap with some hardware.

Running on the anti-gravity machine a few weeks ago... now pictured outdoors handling the ball and in pretty fine shape...

Doesn't look like a guy who the club are putting in cotton wool or a player who believes he is out of the picture come finals...

Or maybe this is all just rehabilitation? Not a bad card to have up your sleeve.
Pretty simple isn’t it? If we pulled off a miracle and played finals and his rehab kept tracking I’d be STUNNED if we didn’t see him.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

No Cunners this week

Cuningham, who kicked the opening goal of the game against the Hawks, reported some calf tightness following the Round 9 contest.

“He has got a low-grade calf injury so we think he will probably miss one game,” Russell said.
“It may be two, but at this stage we hope it will only be one.”

PlayerInjuryUpdate
Charlie CurnowKnee
Paddy DowKnee"He's back running: he'll be a test. He's a good chance to play."
Hugh GoddardHamstring"We're in a reconditioning phase. He's a good chance to play on Sunday."
Brodie KempKnee
Matthew KreuzerFoot"Scans showed some really good healing. He's back running: this is the start of his journey back."
Caleb MarchbankKneeReturning in reserves scratch match on Sunday.
Mitch McGovernHamstring"Mitch is progressing well. He is going to be close: he's a test at this stage."
Nic NewmanKnee
Jack SilvagniKnee (ITB)"He's back running. He certainly won't play this week and is unlikely the week after."

No Cunners this week

PlayerInjuryUpdate
Charlie CurnowKnee
Paddy DowKnee"He's back running: he'll be a test. He's a good chance to play."
Hugh GoddardHamstring"We're in a reconditioning phase. He's a good chance to play on Sunday."
Brodie KempKnee
Matthew KreuzerFoot"Scans showed some really good healing. He's back running: this is the start of his journey back."
Caleb MarchbankKneeReturning in reserves scratch match on Sunday.
Mitch McGovernHamstring"Mitch is progressing well. He is going to be close: he's a test at this stage."
Nic NewmanKnee
Jack SilvagniKnee (ITB)"He's back running. He certainly won't play this week and is unlikely the week after."

Marchbank is playing footy!

Dow & Gov a chance is nice too.

Not surprised cunners is out with a calf, he spent a fair bit of time on the bench against north getting his calf looked at and had it taped up last week (the AFL app had him 'out injured' for a good 10 minutes i reckon). Probably shouldnt have played last week in hindsight (obviously)

Hindsight is a wonderful thing, but that is just poor player management in my opinion. Russell is the best in the business, but if he had tightness vs NM it is just unnecessary to play him vs Haw - especially as that role has 2 ready made replacements in Fisher and Honey.
Perhaps this is a sign just how far away from selection the reserves guys are. Even when a player has known soft tissue tightness, the MC would rather play him than turn to a replacement.

Not surprised cunners is out with a calf, he spent a fair bit of time on the bench against north getting his calf looked at and had it taped up last week (the AFL app had him 'out injured' for a good 10 minutes i reckon). Probably shouldnt have played last week in hindsight (obviously)
59% TOG which is a little low, he had 76% the week before, 77% against port, 68% against the dogs, 73% saints, 84% against the dons...

Hindsight is a wonderful thing, but that is just poor player management in my opinion. Russell is the best in the business, but if he had tightness vs NM it is just unnecessary to play him vs Haw - especially as that role has 2 ready made replacements in Fisher and Honey.
Perhaps this is a sign just how far away from selection the reserves guys are. Even when a player has known soft tissue tightness, the MC would rather play him than turn to a replacement.

I don't know whether Russell is the best in the business but it's been noted that he doesn't want players playing if not 100%
What we wouldn't want is for the coach or the MC pulling rank on Russell, where injury and rehab is involved. That may not end well.

Cuningham started the Hawks match with his calf heavily bandaged. It's not a good look given the outcome.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back