Injury Blue Healers Medical Room - 2020

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Such a strange headline. It's not news that Kreuzer is battling an injury and is looking to be at least 4 weeks away from returning, ergo putting him in doubt to play again this season.

Yep, I perused the news and was bemused and confused by the headline ruse that the Blues could lose Krooz for 2020...

Just heard Tom Brown say JSOS has gone in for surgery in WA and is likely to miss the rest of the year, but it’s Brown so who knows?

Surgery for an ITB injury, must be to release it or something but I’m no expert

I know it’s a little bit painful from experience, I found it more of an irritating thing though, could still play sport

Jack’s must be a more severe case...

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Where do you see him fitting in? He is 1000 percent NOT a key defender. So am interested if you have another role in mind for him?
Think GWS setup:
Davis
Taylor (tonight Keeffe)
Corr
Haynes

Marchy has the Hayne intercept role, also getting from D50 up onto the wings a bit at times. Supposedly he’s one of the better runners at the club, think there was a few comments by ARcthis preseason about it?

He was averaging 13-15 the last couple of years, probably want to get that up to the 16-18 range. He had a couple/few games last year where he had 23-odd and maybe 6 or 8 intercept marks (or something impressive).

Would mean we need Plow to be a bit more attacking alongside Doc and Samo/Simmo/Willo. They’re also going to have to be responsible for a bit more of the run on exits, might be handy to have someone like O’Brien in the team (wing of flanker) who can help generate some of that run out of our back half (someone like Williams would be perfect to add there...)

That’s my take anyway.

One way to look at it.

You would think he would need to be pushed out though, home is where the heart is.

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

With Harry out again with a leg injury wouldn't mind it all if we put him on ice for a few weeks and let him take his time to recover. He's been in and out the whole year and really needs to get himself right. Depending on how we are looking after then we can think about putting him on ice for the season or bringing him back.

Haven't read through the thread yet but from what I know, ITB release surgeries have the same recovery time as just fixing the underlying issue. The problem with ITB release surgery is it can only be done once and the underlying problem that caused the ITB to tighten will just do it again. I've spoken to one surgeon once about it and he was confident it's not a surgery you ever should get. Fixing the mechanics that caused the ITB to tighten through meticulous rehab is the way to go. Hopefully the club/ Dr's haven't made the wrong decision here. We'll have to trust them I guess

Russell was brought in with a big reputation and probably an even bigger pay check he would want to start earning his money, how many of our players re-injure themselves the first game back, just over the last few weeks I count McKay, McGovern, Dow, Fisher and silvagni.

Marchbank, cuningham, Charlie, Williamson and McKay all haven’t had a really good chance over the last few years to play consistent football because of injuries, I’m not sure all this can be put down to bad luck, most likely a fair bit of mismanagement involved aswell.

Russell was brought in with a big reputation and probably an even bigger pay check he would want to start earning his money, how many of our players re-injure themselves the first game back, just over the last few weeks I count McKay, McGovern, Dow, Fisher and silvagni.

Marchbank, cuningham, Charlie, Williamson and McKay all haven’t had a really good chance over the last few years to play consistent football because of injuries, I’m not sure all this can be put down to bad luck, most likely a fair bit of mismanagement involved aswell.
They might be re injuring themselves, but they are different injuries so it's a moot point

On CPH1877 using BigFooty.com mobile app

Haven't read through the thread yet but from what I know, ITB release surgeries have the same recovery time as just fixing the underlying issue. The problem with ITB release surgery is it can only be done once and the underlying problem that caused the ITB to tighten will just do it again. I've spoken to one surgeon once about it and he was confident it's not a surgery you ever should get. Fixing the mechanics that caused the ITB to tighten through meticulous rehab is the way to go. Hopefully the club/ Dr's haven't made the wrong decision here. We'll have to trust them I guess
Having personally suffered with an inflamed knee due to ITB tension for several years in my 20s, I know how debilitating they can be. Conventional stretching and massage helped me get through and keep playing each week but they did nothing to resolve it.

It was only after I became a PT and did some professional development with a guy from the U.S. named Chuck Wolf that I discovered the underlying cause and how to address it. I was able to fix the issue in a matter of a few sessions and was never bothered by it again. I would hope that AR and Jack are privy to the same knowledge but given that they're going down the path of surgery it doesn't look like it.

Mismanagement hey? I blame 5g.
Cool story though. Not based on any fact. Charlie did his knee, willo has been nursed back to playing from a potential career ending injury, d.c. is missing his first game for the year etc etc.

Having personally suffered with an inflamed knee due to ITB tension for several years in my 20s, I know how debilitating they can be. Conventional stretching and massage helped me get through and keep playing each week but they did nothing to resolve it.

It was only after I became a PT and did some professional development with a guy from the U.S. named Chuck Wolf that I discovered the underlying cause and how to address it. I was able to fix the issue in a matter of a few sessions and was never bothered by it again. I would hope that AR and Jack are privy to the same knowledge but given that they're going down the path of surgery it doesn't look like it.
Yeah this is essentially what I was getting at. Great that you were successful in your recovery. It took one of my best mates 3 years to get through it. He was a marathon runner trying to compete internationally and just couldn't get past the itb injury for a long time.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back