Injury Blue Healers Medical Room - 2020

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
It has to be put in context.....what Teague means is..while some are being overdramatic.... at Carlton we are totally confident Charlie will be right, but we won't take any risks by rushing him back.

I think Teague was saying..."Charlie will be back but it might not be this season (2021) because we are going to take no risks and his recovery will be comprehensive."

To be honest, we don’t need Charlie to make finals. It would be a bonus if he can play.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Do need him to win a flag though, unless the smalls morph into Richmond 2017 style.

Harry can only carry the team so far, hopefully Charlie gets back when he's good and ready, wish the injury god campaigners would give us a break though for at least one season.

Do need him to win a flag though, unless the smalls morph into Richmond 2017 style.

Harry can only carry the team so far, hopefully Charlie gets back when he's good and ready, wish the injury god campaigners would give us a break though for at least one season.
Pre knee Charlie would make a massive difference, his talents and upside were huge having he and Harry as our Twin key forwards was something many of us was drooling about...
But without riding off any chance he might come back at all, we need too be excepting that it’s quite possible that we just don’t get him back either at all or at a reduced capacity, which would be a crying shame because players like Charlie are incredibly hard too find, I’m still sceptical but fingers crossed...
We will need at some point to find another KPF quickly if Charlie doesn’t come up at all, unfortunately not having a next generation wave of KPP’s developing and coming through could maybe hurt us a little...
Time will tell... 🤞

I just think it is a waste of time speculating, trying to decipher the true meaning of what Teague said. The fact is if the club deep down think CC is incredibly unlikely to play sustained good footy again they're not going to say it, at least not now. We simply don't know so speculating and reading tea leaves is a complete waste of time. Poor form is to delude oneself into thinking he is ok and tracking well because that's what one wants.

I just think it is a waste of time speculating, trying to decipher the true meaning of what Teague said. The fact is if the club deep down think CC is incredibly unlikely to play sustained good footy again they're not going to say it, at least not now. We simply don't know so speculating and reading tea leaves is a complete waste of time. Poor form is to delude oneself into thinking he is ok and tracking well because that's what one wants.

How you've put that forward and surrounded it with the rest of your post is a complete mystery.

To be honest, we don’t need Charlie to make finals. It would be a bonus if he can play.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com
Though I'd be wary of inserting him into the line up for finals after missing two whole years of footy. Would need at least a handful of games beforehand I would say.

I’d be more concerned about the potential of a young talented person being cut down before they really got going than any contribution he may or may not make to the team success. I hope for his sake his body is ok.
Agreed. I don't care about him coming back for "finals" or anything like that, I just want him back. He's so exciting, and before his injuries could have been the best player in the league - and that's not hyperbole.

I want him back just because he's awesome to watch. Because he's a lightning rod for fans, he's the kind of player that puts bums in seats and eyes on TV and gets kids wearing the no.30 jumper. There's so much more to him than simply "being back for finals" or not.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

None of us know, but nothing wrong with having hope in these circumstances, until its proven he can’t then it’s not over yet...

Noticed in the videos Philp has been training with the rehab group. Found out he was tackled by Fisher in a training drill last season and has been struggling with a groin injury ever since that hasn't gotten better. Fingers crossed it's settling and he's on the improve.

Shaping like one year too many for the little champ. Hoping our investment pays off with a few quality games and a big influence on the development front.
It already has. And will continue to. :thumbsupv1:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back