Injury Blue Healers Medical Room - 2020

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
No real surprise Charlie will miss the start of the season, and quite frankly I want the club to be as prudent and cautious with his recovery as possible, even if it means we won't see him until around 8-9 (ish)

Provided Harry and The Gov can remain health and fit (esp in the latter's case), we should still be going okay for Key Forward stocks. I do also wonder if Martin will play in and around the forward/half forward line more than expected till Charlie returns (I love the idea of him being a speedy wingman, link up chain from CHB with SPS etc)

Finally we need someone to deflate any basketballs Charlie Curnow has/owns for the foreseeable future :)

No real surprise Charlie will miss the start of the season, and quite frankly I want the club to be as prudent and cautious with his recovery as possible, even if it means we won't see him until around 8-9 (ish)

Provided Harry and The Gov can remain health and fit (esp in the latter's case), we should still be going okay for Key Forward stocks. I do also wonder if Martin will play in and around the forward/half forward line more than expected till Charlie returns (I love the idea of him being a speedy wingman, link up chain from CHB with SPS etc)

Finally we need someone to deflate any basketballs Charlie Curnow has/owns for the foreseeable future :)

I'm not that worried about Harry either. Gov and Cas can be our main marking targets, with Jack as our 3rd tall option.

Yeah, I'm not liking what I am reading and hearing about Charlie's knee and as for Harry - a young tall forward with a groin complaint is concerning

Yeah, I'm not liking what I am reading and hearing about Charlie's knee and as for Harry - a young tall forward with a groin complaint is concerning
Just for accuracy. What are you reading or hearing. He sounded happy he’s under zero pressure to rush for round 1. That tells me he could make it but will take his time. Why would he say it otherwise.

Just for accuracy. What are you reading or hearing. He sounded happy he’s under zero pressure to rush for round 1. That tells me he could make it but will take his time. Why would he say it otherwise.

dislocated knee cap fixation surgery ruined tredrea's career and fractured patella ruined cooneys career. both when they were in peak form. charlie has had both those injuries and is only 22. not to mention the several other episodes he has had of MCL tears and severe bone bruising. kills me to say it as i rated him most highly at our club but i think its time to accept he will never reach his full potential due to these knee issues. still hopeful he can have a decent career but doubtful we will ever see what he would have truly been capable of. hope i am proven wrong.

as for mckay, playing him through the 2nd half of lsat year was one of the stupidest things we have ever done. i hope it isnt another case of joe daniher given they have extremely similar body types but i feel the club is managing this well by not rushing him at all this preseason.

I’m no expert but a dislocated then fractured kneecap was always going to take a long time to recover from. I’d be surprised if he is up and going by the middle of the year to be honest. I would not be shocked if he doesn’t play all season.
Obviously I hope that is not the case, but he seems very injury prone - and Russell and the medical team appear to be cautious when needed.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I’m no expert but a dislocated then fractured kneecap was always going to take a long time to recover from. I’d be surprised if he is up and going by the middle of the year to be honest. I would not be shocked if he doesn’t play all season.
Obviously I hope that is not the case, but he seems very injury prone - and Russell and the medical team appear to be cautious when needed.

I had my surgery back in May for patella reco, only at 7th month mark was i able to start running and changing direction.
I am taking the cautious approach but i never expected charlie to be playing rd1 or even rd 6 for that matter.
We will see him after the bye if we are doing well.

When you put it in that perspective, yeah anything short of mid season was probably rather optimistic really. Pretty significant set of injuries.

I don't think injury prone is the right word, these a pretty freak injuries. It's not like he's constantly got a nicked calf or hammy or some niggling complaint. A dislocated knee cap and broken patella are extremely unfortunate. Particularly when one of them is due to the error of the surgeon (screws in incorrectly).

Marchbank looks in good condition and likely to commence full contact, if he hasn't already.
Kennedy now looks good to go.
JSilvagni now looks good to go.
Owies in full swing now.

McKay will take a little time but starting to work back into things slowly.
McGovern has been on a very cautious approach but looks to be back into the swing of things.
Macreadie - No idea what's going on here? Anyone have something?
CCurnow - We know
Kemp - We know

That's it I think but would love to see Mckay, McGovern and Macreadie in full swing, sooner than later....obviously.

Is there an injuries discussion thread...?

We are (touch all the wood) having a relatively injury-free pre-season.

Every time I see this thread at the top of the board I mess my pants just a little bit.

I'm running out of underwear...

Been banging on about this myself for a while.

But no, it’s only reserved for rumours and training reports.

Any mods wish to explain why we don’t?

Is there an injuries discussion thread...?

We are (touch all the wood) having a relatively injury-free pre-season.

Every time I see this thread at the top of the board I mess my pants just a little bit.

I'm running out of underwear...
Been banging on about this myself for a while.

But no, it’s only reserved for rumours and training reports.

Any mods wish to explain why we don’t?
You're in it?

Or were these posts moved here?

Asking for a no discussion one.
A post can be pinned to the top of every page by a mod, and that can be done here to show the latest injury news.

Far more effective in this instance than posting every speculative article.

dislocated knee cap fixation surgery ruined tredrea's career and fractured patella ruined cooneys career. both when they were in peak form. charlie has had both those injuries and is only 22. not to mention the several other episodes he has had of MCL tears and severe bone bruising. kills me to say it as i rated him most highly at our club but i think its time to accept he will never reach his full potential due to these knee issues. still hopeful he can have a decent career but doubtful we will ever see what he would have truly been capable of. hope i am proven wrong.

as for mckay, playing him through the 2nd half of lsat year was one of the stupidest things we have ever done. i hope it isnt another case of joe daniher given they have extremely similar body types but i feel the club is managing this well by not rushing him at all this preseason.

I feel depressed.

Channel 7 reporting Kreuzer had another minor heart procedure but still on track to play pre-season series?

This makes no sense on face value. If he had a heart procedure then is out for some time. If he had some sort of heart imaging or follow-up investigation then he should be fine.

Addendum: Okay, Sam Edmund reporting Kreuzer to miss against Collingwood but will play against Fremantle next weekend. Sounds okay.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back