Injury Blue Healers Medical Room - 2021

Remove this Banner Ad

This totally sucks. I wont predict when we will see Stocker or argue with anyone when some of our supporters say he could return by Round 1 and others say it's a 6 month layoff. No one knows and we've been burnt plenty of times before by our optimism about our injured players scheduled returns.

What's the go with the large amount of ankle injuries in the club. Any more and questions need to be asked? Could it be something as simple as those in charge of strapping being no bloody good at it? There is a problem here. I well and truly understand the whole getting ankle caught in tackle and things getting ripped, that comes down to bad luck and probably something strapping could prevent but still we have a solid tally here the last 12 months.

Last edited:
Love Stocker, gutted he's going to miss some serious time, but the reality is that as good as he projects to be, he's (in the short term) certainly replaceable as far as output. Intangibles are another matter, but we can't be relying on one 22yo to provide some mongrel down back, that's a whole of club cultural shift that I expect Vossy to drive.

Give Kemp the role down back, make some room to cycle through guys like Dow, Kennedy, Setters, Carroll, Philp etc. through the middle and see who steps up.

Dangerfield had the same procedure, he was back in 8 weeks. It'll be a 12-week injury if they're conservative. Any longer will be a result of complications out of surgery or rehabilitation.

Hoping the best for Stock, syndesmosis injuries aren't fun (I copped mine after stepping on a bloody tennis ball last year mid-game) but he's in good hands and has access to top-tier treatment, so I've got faith.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Fisher, Cuningham, Stocker, Marchbank, Curnow, Dow, Silvagni.

I am so ******* sick of our blokes missing big chunks of footy during their most valuable development years.

So. *******. Over. it.

Where's Russell at? Can I be mad at him for this latest one???

Depends. Was it strapped, running up and down hills with potholes, etc, then yes.

Apart from that, not much Russell can do. As a poster mentioned earlier, you can do this type of injury stepping on a tennis ball

Fisher, Cuningham, Stocker, Marchbank, Curnow, Dow, Silvagni.

I am so ******* sick of our blokes missing big chunks of footy during their most valuable development years.

So. *******. Over. it.

Where's Russell at? Can I be mad at him for this latest one???

Until we learn that Andrew Russell was the person who caused Liam’s training accident, I would hold off on that one.

Bummer about Stock, but we need to adopt a 'one out, one in' mindset. The Dogs missed Treloar, Dunkley, Williams, Keath, Martin, Bruce, and Weightman among others for large parts of the season and still made the GF. System beats talent, every single time.

Different sport, but the Memphis Grizzlies in the NBA are sitting 4th (out of 15) in their conference and are 9-1 since losing their best player. In a sport so heavily reliant on star players, their system and culture = winning.

Take a deep breath, there will be more injuries to come. Players in the wings will be ready to go.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back