Injury Blue Healers Medical Room - 2021

Remove this Banner Ad

ferrisb

Brownlow Medallist
May 22, 2011
The Naughty Corner
AFL Club
Carlton
The never-ending cycle of injuries and 6-10 players being unavailable at a time continues.
The revolving door that is the injury list is actually the club's fault.

They told Russell to apply Hawthorn's adage of one soldier goes out, another comes in to the injury list.

So he did.

:p

Jabba73

Brownlow Medallist
Oct 11, 2009
Echuca
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Vixens
4. For where we are at in our development it would not surprise me if our preseason has been a very physical one. We have come to a point where we need to develop our physicality and improve our competitiveness and hardness at the contest. I don't see how you can develop that over an off season without a lot of very physically driven match simulation drills. I am guessing the bodies are bigger, stronger and the coaches are encouraging head over the ball aggression and hard tackling. We might get some injuries but it has to be done.
We also have a larger list of AFL ready players to choose from once the inevitable injuries start to accumulate. Having over 30 players ready and able to play makes a huge difference to 14-16 and topping up with players who are far from ready. The loss of Charlie and Marchbank, while still annoying, doesn’t hurt this year as much as it did two years ago.

Remove this Banner Ad