Injury Blue Healers Medical Room - 2021

Remove this Banner Ad

Not necessarily relating to Fish's and Martin's injuries but perhaps if we don't continually put ourselves in a 30 point deficit, they wouldn't have to go helter skelter at the end of games to try peg it back and wear themselves down or put themselves in riskier situations to try to win and thus increasing risk of injury.

Not necessarily relating to Fish's and Martin's injuries but perhaps if we don't continually put ourselves in a 30 point deficit, they wouldn't have to go helter skelter at the end of games to try peg it back and wear themselves down or put themselves in riskier situations to try to win and thus increasing risk of injury.
reaching

Our injuries are taking a toll but it's all bad luck. If you could suggest it's anything then maybe it's something to do with the speed and openness of the game we are trying to play? Maybe we look at being more defensive and slowing the game down. To be honest it mostly seems bad luck. Hopefully our depth and youth start to come through and it won't matter so much. As for an excuse to finally play a few kids, we already have that excuse, mediocre mature aged players. It's up to the coach to do his bit.

I would say fatigue is far more likely to play a roll injuries late in the game even contact injuries. Players too tired to execute the perfectly tackling technique etc.

Reduced rotations and longer quarters.

I would say fatigue is far more likely to play a roll injuries late in the game even contact injuries. Players too tired to execute the perfectly tackling technique etc.

Reduced rotations and longer quarters.
We're obviously gassed both games but other clubs aren't. The rotations and quarter lengths isn't a massive thing. It's more that we're running to far. As has been discussed all week here. Hard spread and running kms further than our opponents by the end of the game, its just tiring the guys out as opponents punish the hard spread

We're obviously gassed both games but other clubs aren't. The rotations and quarter lengths isn't a massive thing. It's more that we're running to far. As has been discussed all week here. Hard spread and running kms further than our opponents by the end of the game, its just tiring the guys out as opponents punish the hard spread
Control the ball, control the pace of the game.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I think Zac was struggling by quarter time. Appeared to be in earnest conversation with the medical staff at the break.
Half time last week I had a look at the player stats on the AFL app and it said he was injured so I was quite surprised when he was out there in the 3rd qtr.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back