Coops93

Brownlow Medallist
Aug 19, 2015
Gold Coast
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Arsenal, Denver Broncos
I think Weiters will be fine, and was fine on the day.

Sometimes when you get a big hit you do just lay for a second and take stock of your body. It looked like that to me, there wasn't much head contact and once he was up he was perfectly fine. Probably just got a solid hit, got rattled a little and just needed a second to recover and make sure everything was ok.

It did look like he was out for a second but given how he responded once he was up it leads me to believe that's what happened.

A comparison for me would be remember the Dangerfield v Sloane collision? Dangerfield looked like he was out but 30 seconds later he was fine. Sloane too was on his haunches for a few seconds, just caught his breath for a second and took off again.

Own The Future

Club Legend
Nov 8, 2019
AFL Club
Carlton
I think Weiters will be fine, and was fine on the day.

Sometimes when you get a big hit you do just lay for a second and take stock of your body. It looked like that to me, there wasn't much head contact and once he was up he was perfectly fine. Probably just got a solid hit, got rattled a little and just needed a second to recover and make sure everything was ok.

It did look like he was out for a second but given how he responded once he was up it leads me to believe that's what happened.

A comparison for me would be remember the Dangerfield v Sloane collision? Dangerfield looked like he was out but 30 seconds later he was fine. Sloane too was on his haunches for a few seconds, just caught his breath for a second and took off again.

Hope you’re right.

Aug 26, 2004
CHANEL BOUTIQUE!
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
"Goddess"

Jack CarrollFinger"He's back out there doing skills. He'll be a test to play next week."
Charlie CurnowKnee
Tom De KoningBack "He'll train this week, he'll train next week and we'll make a decision on whether we think he's ready."
Zac FisherAnkle "We feel that we needed to do [surgery] and he feels a lot better. We expect him to be back running later this week."
Brodie Kemp Foot
Caleb MarchbankKnee
Jack MartinKnee "He's back running... we're happy with the way he's moving."
Oscar McDonaldBack
Nic NewmanKnee"He's a really good chance to be playing footy next week."
Luke ParksHamstring"He's got a low-grade medial hamstring strain. We expect him to miss 1-2 games."
Jack SilvagniShoulder "The surgery was to reduce inflammation in the joint and it's done that. He'll probably miss another three weeks."

forever blue 1

Club Legend
Mar 7, 2021
AFL Club
Carlton

Jack CarrollFinger"He's back out there doing skills. He'll be a test to play next week."
Charlie CurnowKnee
Tom De KoningBack"He'll train this week, he'll train next week and we'll make a decision on whether we think he's ready."
Zac FisherAnkle"We feel that we needed to do [surgery] and he feels a lot better. We expect him to be back running later this week."
Brodie KempFoot
Caleb MarchbankKnee
Jack MartinKnee"He's back running... we're happy with the way he's moving."
Oscar McDonaldBack
Luke ParksHamstring"He's got a low-grade medial hamstring strain. We expect him to miss 1-2 games."
Jack SilvagniShoulder"The surgery was to reduce inflammation in the joint and it's done that. He'll probably miss another three weeks."

Jack Carrol
A finger ffs
That’s when tape come in and you play with it amd you play smart to help the injured side
A finger ffs !
yep premiership stuff.

SammaGilberto

Premiership Player
Suspended
May 2, 2014
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Baghdad Bombers
Jack Carrol
A finger ffs
That’s when tape come in and you play with it amd you play smart to help the injured side
A finger ffs !
yep premiership stuff.
Considering there was no surgery, would you rather him not play for 2rnds of VFL and come back in or play and injure the finger further and then going for surgery and being out for longer?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

teagueyubeauty

Norm Smith Medallist
Oct 5, 2004
Somewhere there
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Liverpool, Yankees
Nic Newman on the wing would be brilliant right now, needs a couple of games in the magoos so hopefully round 8

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

forever blue 1

Club Legend
Mar 7, 2021
AFL Club
Carlton
Considering there was no surgery, would you rather him not play for 2rnds of VFL and come back in or play and injure the finger further and then going for surgery and being out for longer?
Will he play this year in the ones ?
Answer me that and I’ll give the answer to your question.

Nov 4, 2003
Earth, near Carlton.
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Tottenham Hotspur
Charlie CurnowKnee
Tom De KoningBack"He'll train this week, he'll train next week and we'll make a decision on whether we think he's ready."
Zac FisherAnkle"We feel that we needed to do [surgery] and he feels a lot better. We expect him to be back running later this week."
Brodie KempFoot
Caleb MarchbankKnee
Oscar McDonaldBack
Jack SilvagniShoulder"The surgery was to reduce inflammation in the joint and it's done that. He'll probably miss another three weeks."
Translation:
Jack CarrollFinger1-2 weeks
Charlie CurnowKneeIndefinite (mid-season estimate)
Tom De KoningBack1-2 weeks
Zac FisherAnkle7 weeks
Brodie KempFoot4-5 weeks
Caleb MarchbankKneeSeason
Jack MartinKnee3 weeks
Oscar McDonaldBack11 weeks
Nic NewmanKnee1-2 weeks
Luke ParksHamstring1-2 weeks
Jack SilvagniShoulder3 weeks

Charlie CurnowKnee
Brodie KempFoot
Caleb MarchbankKnee
Oscar McDonaldBack

Oh how I would love to just see us somewhere near full strength at some stage this year. Will probably happen Round 21.

Nov 27, 2016
AFL Club
Carlton
Jack Carrol
A finger ffs
A finger ffs !
yep premiership stuff.
It's his thumb. Can't handball. Probably couldn't grab or mark the ball either. Kicking would also be difficult because ball drop would be hampered.

Back