1-2 TDK, Newman, Carroll, Parks
3 Martin, JSOS#
4-5 Kemp
7-8 Fish
10-12 Oscar
nfi Charlie
season Marchy

Newbies in bold
* means slower return & # faster return than when I started the list at round 3, two weeks ago
Thanks for doing this list... G, there are some names there. And not so many left for team selection...

Please correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't that Ed in the picture instead of Charlie?

Saw this thread come up today and thought it was a bit late in the week for the mystery injury that comes out of nowhere....phew!!

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com
Apologies. Saw an opportunity for a joke and didn't think of the anxiety it may cause (the thread being bumped, not the joke, although...)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Well then, that would make it:
Jack CarrollFinger1-2 weeks
Charlie CurnowKneeIndefinite (mid-season estimate)
Tom De KoningBack1-2 weeks
Zac FisherAnkle7 weeks
Brodie KempFoot2-3 weeks
Caleb MarchbankKneeSeason
Jack MartinKnee3 weeks
Oscar McDonaldBack11 weeks
Nic NewmanKnee1-2 weeks
Luke ParksHamstring1-2 weeks
Jack SilvagniShoulder1-2 weeks

Last edited:
Zac FisherAnkle7 weeks
Brodie KempFoot2-3 weeks
Jack MartinKnee3 weeks
Nic NewmanKnee1-2 weeks
Jack SilvagniShoulder3 weeks

Could probably change JSOS to 1-2 weeks as well, based on today's comments on the VFL coverage.

Zac FisherAnkle7 weeks
Brodie KempFoot2-3 weeks
Jack MartinKnee3 weeks
Nic NewmanKnee1-2 weeks
Jack SilvagniShoulder1-2 weeks

The last 3 on that list may not be very fashionable/ highly rated, but they will make a world of difference to our depth and effort

Hope we're good enough to dispose of Essendon next week and regain some important cogs in JSOS, TDK and Parks the week after.
Rather than Parks, I'd be more interested in Carroll and (later) Kemp and Martin to be honest.

If he's half the player I think he is, Kemp will be putting up his hand after 3-5 weeks in the VFL.

Rather than Parks, I'd be more interested in Carroll and (later) Kemp and Martin to be honest.

If he's half the player I think he is, Kemp will be putting up his hand after 3-5 weeks in the VFL.

Brodie Kemp is a midfielder - I understand Teague wants to waste him down back - like every single friggen carlton player from Stocker to SPS and needs to spend several years in defense before being allowed to play in their normal position -

With a game most closely resembling Marcus Bontempelli with similar power and acceleration for a tall midfielder, if Kemp can continue impacting games heavily and make the jump from 20 disposals per game to 25, he can enter the conversation as a possible No. 1 pick.

Kemp spent last year as a runner and working with the coaches - if he is half as good as he is rated - and he was likened to Bontompelli - then he can come in after a couple of weeks.

Carroll is on other hand weeks away. Hasn't even played a single game of VFL yet. His practice matches were pretty good but nothing electric.

And not really sure why you would be comparing Parks with Martin or Carroll - the OP's suggestion is great because it addresses significant issues forward line / ruck where our where our problems are.

Martin will be great when he comes back, but so will Charlie Curnow.....weeks away.

Brodie Kemp is a midfielder - I understand Teague wants to waste him down back - like every single friggen carlton player from Stocker to SPS and needs to spend several years in defense before being allowed to play in their normal position -

Kemp spent last year as a runner and working with the coaches - if he is half as good as he is rated - and he was likened to Bontompelli - then he can come in after a couple of weeks.

Carroll is on other hand weeks away. Hasn't even played a single game of VFL yet. His practice matches were pretty good but nothing electric.

And not really sure why you would be comparing Parks with Martin or Carroll - the OP's suggestion is great because it addresses significant issues forward line / ruck where our where our problems are.

Martin will be great when he comes back, but so will Charlie Curnow.....weeks away.
Did you read any other post in this thread prior to commenting on my post? Because it reads like you didn't. 3 weeks for Martin, 1-2 weeks for Carroll for a finger injury (and he was close to selection).

Kemp is weeks away from resuming in the VFL, where he will start out as a third tall because of the nature of his injury issues. He will eventually progress to midfield at AFL level if he can continue build a reasonable endurance base, but he won't be coming back at 100% fitness, and if deployed through the middle of the ground too much he will overextend himself really easily due to the running and physical requirements at stoppages at that level.

Nowhere did I say I wasn't looking forward to TDK and JSOS returning to the team, which directly addresses the other concerns you (and lots of people) have with the side at present. Right now we have no one to replace any of our talls directly, and Levi is just fit enough to keep things ticking over. He's been steadily improving in terms of the ground covered, but his goal kicking is still wonky because of it.

If that's the performance bar you want to set, we'd be dropping McKay too.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back