Injury Blue Healers Medical Room - 2021

Remove this Banner Ad

Stamos

Brownlow Medallist
Mar 30, 2010
AFL Club
Carlton
We cop it all week in the media about our rebuild.

Murphy singled out, but there are doubts we would omit our former captain.

Neck minnit, Murphy out with a vague, last minute injury at training (where no one was watching).

...coincidence much?
Well, given he slotted 2 and had 19 touches last week, but Betts and Gibbo survive, and he’s not playing 2s, coincidence would make more sense

Last edited:

Carltontragic

Club Legend
Sep 26, 2018
AFL Club
Carlton
We’ll, given he slotted 2 and had 19 touches last week, but Betts and Gibbo survive, and he’s not playing 2s, coincidence would make more sense
What about all his other games this year? On paper those stats sound okay, but I don’t think it was a great performance nor do most of our supporters. He came equal 13th in the big footy votes for last weeks’ game.
Betts adds a lot of pressure and did some great creative things, just needed a smidgen more composure/luck. Gibbo has a few runs on the board still.
Murph getting rested makes sense to most

Stamos

Brownlow Medallist
Mar 30, 2010
AFL Club
Carlton
What about all his other games this year? On paper those stats sound okay, but I don’t think it was a great performance nor do most of our supporters. He came equal 13th in the big footy votes for last weeks’ game.
Betts adds a lot of pressure and did some great creative things, just needed a smidgen more composure/luck. Gibbo has a few runs on the board still.
Murph getting rested makes sense to most
Hasn’t been great at all, no problems with him going out, except that he was significantly better than a couple of the other small forwards. They should all be out ideally

Zlatan

Club Legend
Dec 10, 2014
AFL Club
Carlton
Does anyone know whether Williams “general soreness” is legitimately debilitating soreness throughout his body to the point he can’t move, or is it “I know what’s about to happen on Sunday and am bailing out early?”

Carltontragic

Club Legend
Sep 26, 2018
AFL Club
Carlton
Does anyone know whether Williams “general soreness” is legitimately debilitating soreness throughout his body to the point he can’t move, or is it “I know what’s about to happen on Sunday and am bailing out early?”
I was re watching some of the Bris game today, he got battered around quite a lot, I saw one marking contest where I think 3 bodies landed on him.
Why would you want to miss our third win of the year? Crazy talk

BigFrizz36

Premiership Player
Mar 20, 2017
AFL Club
Carlton
We cop it all week in the media about our rebuild.

Murphy singled out, but there are doubts we would omit our former captain.

Neck minnit, Murphy out with a vague, last minute injury at training (where no one was watching).

...coincidence much?
We've had all and sundry telling us that Murphy has been guaranteed to get to 300 asap. Surely if this was the case and he wasn't injured the club would just have made him the sub where he gets credited another game regardless of whether he gets on.
Call me an anti conspiracy theorist but I think that he is just injured.

BigFrizz36

Premiership Player
Mar 20, 2017
AFL Club
Carlton
What's going to happen on sunday that can be so bad. We are playing a team that we should beat.
I read it that he has soreness that makes the match committee believe that he wouldn't be able to perform to the standard of his potential replacement.

SkyhorseTamer

Norm Smith Medallist
Jun 4, 2016
AFL Club
Carlton
What's going to happen on sunday that can be so bad. We are playing a team that we should beat.
I read it that he has soreness that makes the match committee believe that he wouldn't be able to perform to the standard of his potential replacement.
Still that's weird he's rested for general soreness when Casboult is asked to limp his way through a 7th game in a row with 0 mobility.

SkyhorseTamer

Norm Smith Medallist
Jun 4, 2016
AFL Club
Carlton
It's only weird if you have inside knowledge as to how sore each of them are/were. I don't and am pretty sure nobody else on here does either.
You don't think 6 games of evidence is enough to determine that Cas is playing so below his level is enough? Let alone that we've had inside word he's playing injured...

Different standards and requirements for different players, saads playing really sore too. 'Weird' is a fine word to describe something unexplainable. If you have inside knowledge it wouldn't be weird because you'd know the exact reasoning....

teagueyubeauty

Norm Smith Medallist
Oct 5, 2004
Somewhere there
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Liverpool, Yankees
Disappointed for McGovern, thought he was quite good defensively from a pressure POV and building into some form. Sucks.
Agree, will we ever get the first or second choice forward line together?

Jack probably would have been back this week and therefore only missing Curnow.

McGovern has the rest of this year and next to get it together, looked a bad hammy though so can’t see him back in the 1’s for 6-8 weeks

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Mr_Plow

That name again...
May 18, 2008
Melbourne
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
76ers & Red Wings

McGovern has the rest of this year and next to get it together, looked a bad hammy though so can’t see him back in the 1’s for 6-8 weeks

I'm expecting it to be a regulation 4 weeker, hopefully. We (he) just can't change our injury fortunes. Forward line keeps taking hits.

BigFrizz36

Premiership Player
Mar 20, 2017
AFL Club
Carlton

Wouldn't jack Martin or Zac fisher be in our best forward line?

The Bighouse

Norm Smith Medallist
Jun 28, 2009
Perth
AFL Club
Carlton
No updates on the Carlton site yet but the AFL site has an updated injury list:
Dow and McGovern listed as TBC
Carroll, Murphy, Williams and Silvagni listed as Test
Martin 2 weeks
Kemp 2-3 weeks
Fisher 5-6 weeks
McDonald 10-12 weeks
Marchbank Season
Charlie indefinite
Kemp has slipped back, hasn’t he?
Maybe for the return post-VFL bye.
Martin a week schedule behind too, if still 2 weeks away.

Christou2Kouta

All Australian
Jul 7, 2018
AFL Club
Carlton
Kemp has slipped back, hasn’t he?
Maybe for the return post-VFL bye.
Martin a week schedule behind too, if still 2 weeks away.
Yeah, post bye makes sense for Kemp. He's clearly not back this week so it's two weeks minimum depending on how he responds to the increasing training loads. Can't wait to see him out there.

Kruezing

Club Legend
Mar 30, 2018
AFL Club
Carlton
No updates on the Carlton site yet but the AFL site has an updated injury list:
Dow and McGovern listed as TBC
Carroll, Murphy, Williams and Silvagni listed as Test
Martin 2 weeks
Kemp 2-3 weeks
Fisher 5-6 weeks
McDonald 10-12 weeks
Marchbank Season
Charlie indefinite
McGovern 8-10 weeks meaning season allowing for the factored add ons every Tuesday …

Remove this Banner Ad