Martin - 1-2 weeks
Kemp - 1-2 weeks
Philp - 1-2 weeks
Fisher - 4 weeks
Curnow - 6-8 weeks??
McGovern - 7-9 weeks
McDonald - 8-10 weeks
Marchbank - season
Pretty piss poor update from Russell, it’s an injury update so update us on all the players, surely that’s not too much to ask is it?

So something like this now:

Murphy - available
Silvagni - 1 week
Martin - 1-2 weeks
Kemp - 1-2 weeks
Philp - 1-2 weeks
Fisher - 4 weeks
Curnow - 6-8 weeks??
McGovern - 7-9 weeks
McDonald - 8-10 weeks
Marchbank - season
Don’t see how Curnow’s return can be closer than McGovern’s.

Matt Rowell was listed as indefinite for about about 6 weeks before they finally gave him a time frame of 6 weeks, so I’d say best case scenario 10 weeks for Curnow

Don’t see how Curnow’s return can be closer than McGovern’s.

Matt Rowell was listed as indefinite for about about 6 weeks before they finally gave him a time frame of 6 weeks, so I’d say best case scenario 10 weeks for Curnow
The second half of the season could be anywhere from 4-15 weeks away. But realistically, if I was to bring a player on in the second half of a game, I'd be thinking at some point in the third quarter, so if words have meaning anymore, I'd be thinking some time by round 16.

The second half of the season could be anywhere from 4-15 weeks away. But realistically, if I was to bring a player on in the second half of a game, I'd be thinking at some point in the third quarter, so if words have meaning anymore, I'd be thinking some time by round 16.
He's doing fitness now I think. Maybe not as long as we think. Depends how cautious they want to be

He's doing fitness now I think. Maybe not as long as we think. Depends how cautious they want to be
Wasn't it shared a week or 2 ago 1 surgeon thinks he's been ready to go for a little while, just being held back? I wouldn't be surprised to see him in some form by week 12.

I won't get my hopes up for it, but I wouldn't be surprised if that happened. I would be equally unsurprised if it were round 16 as well tbf.

Wasn't it shared a week or 2 ago 1 surgeon thinks he's been ready to go for a little while, just being held back? I wouldn't be surprised to see him in some form by week 12.

I won't get my hopes up for it, but I wouldn't be surprised if that happened. I would be equally unsurprised if it were round 16 as well tbf.
These really long term injuries can have fairly different recovery times, especially the back end of them. From talking with a mate working with the Swans about some of their LTI players and some were just ready faster than others, yet anyone with a 'history' or a setback was held back well after they were probably ready to go. Think Charlie is probably fit enough to be doing a lot of things completely normally now, he'll just be being held back thanks to the history of setbacks.

PLAYERINJURYESTIMATED RETURN
Charlie Curnow Knee Indefinite
Zac Fisher Ankle 4-5 weeks
Brodie Kemp Ankle 1-2 weeks
Caleb Marchbank Knee Season
Jack Martin Knee 1-2 weeks
Oscar McDonald Back 8-10 weeks
Mitch McGovern Hamstring 7-9 weeks
Marc Murphy Neck Test
Sam Philp Groin 1 week
Jack Silvagni Concussion 1-2 weeks
Updated: Tuesday, May 11

From AFL Website today....

Cannot wait to see Kemp play.
I am realistic in my expectations - I know he’ll be extremely rusty after so long since his last official game. But hopefully the extended layoff has allowed his knee to heal as well as you can expect, and he is fit and raring to go.
Not sure where he’ll play, but will be nice to see what he can bring to the team once ready for AFL.

Cannot wait to see Kemp play.
I am realistic in my expectations - I know he’ll be extremely rusty after so long since his last official game. But hopefully the extended layoff has allowed his knee to heal as well as you can expect, and he is fit and raring to go.
Not sure where he’ll play, but will be nice to see what he can bring to the team once ready for AFL.

Think he will start off HB, then build from there

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Love the guessing game feedback based upon actual evidence from Russell. Give me a spell.

Looking forward to getting a look at Kemp, whether it’s VFL or otherwise.

Jack Martin’s aggression would be a welcome addition.
Which players required an update that he didn't provide?
Are you expecting "Mitch McGovern is now 7-9 weeks away"?

Jack Martin...6 weeks was last week, so this is blowing out to a 8-9 week injury in the end, depending on when he actually returns. You’d think another addition via VFL from the dreaded 1-2 weeks (with our AFL/VFL bye on the horizon too).

I’ve seen snippets of his play looks to be Avery good kick quick and good overhead.
Any one no what his endurance,tank is like.
Hopefully a bit more advanced than where Stocker started from

The injury report says Charlie should be available in "the 2nd half of the season".

We're already coming up to round 9...close to the second half of the season. If he was to be available any time soon, he should already be doing a power of training with the main group. Can anyone shed any light on what he's up to?

The injury report says Charlie should be available in "the 2nd half of the season".

We're already coming up to round 9...close to the second half of the season. If he was to be available any time soon, he should already be doing a power of training with the main group. Can anyone shed any light on what he's up to?
There were reports last week or the week before that he was back doing skill stuff and a decent amount of agility work, though there wasn't really any word on the intensity level of it or how long before contact/match sim stuff.

There were reports last week or the week before that he was back doing skill stuff and a decent amount of agility work, though there wasn't really any word on the intensity level of it or how long before contact/match sim stuff.

Someone posted somewhere - that he was apparently already good to go and that he also thought he was ready to play full contact, as did Russell but the club or someone, or something - decided to stick with the full original plan and take it slowly.

Take away: He is ready to play VFL and will most likely start straight after the break.

This is a very simplistic view of our injury list but 8/9 of those players SHOULD be in our best 22.
I think at least 3 are best 22 (Silvagni, Fisher, Martin) and up to 6 depending on how well CC recovers and Kemp/Philp do compared to the other kids.

At this stage Murphy, McGovern, McDonald and Marchbank are depth players imo, not best 22.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back