Injury Blue Healers Medical Room - 2021

The never-ending cycle of injuries and 6-10 players being unavailable at a time continues.

The revolving door that is the injury list is actually the club's fault.

They told Russell to apply Hawthorn's adage of one soldier goes out, another comes in to the injury list.

So he did.

:p

4. For where we are at in our development it would not surprise me if our preseason has been a very physical one. We have come to a point where we need to develop our physicality and improve our competitiveness and hardness at the contest. I don't see how you can develop that over an off season without a lot of very physically driven match simulation drills. I am guessing the bodies are bigger, stronger and the coaches are encouraging head over the ball aggression and hard tackling. We might get some injuries but it has to be done.
We also have a larger list of AFL ready players to choose from once the inevitable injuries start to accumulate. Having over 30 players ready and able to play makes a huge difference to 14-16 and topping up with players who are far from ready. The loss of Charlie and Marchbank, while still annoying, doesn’t hurt this year as much as it did two years ago.

Any news on Harry's ankle yet?

dale amos addressed it post game said it was minor and Harry was walking on it already.

Broadside

Premiership Player
Jul 15, 2007
Victoria
AFL Club
Carlton
is Charlie on track for second half of season or did this journalist make a mistake?

"The Blues have relatively few long-term injury worries,with forward Charlie Curnow sidelined until at least the end of the year."

Coops93

Brownlow Medallist
Aug 19, 2015
Gold Coast
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Arsenal, Denver Broncos
is Charlie on track for second half of season or did this journalist make a mistake?

"The Blues have relatively few long-term injury worries,with forward Charlie Curnow sidelined until at least the end of the year."

Just clumsy writing I'd say. I'd suggest by "end of the year" he meant towards the back end of the (football) year. Unless he genuinely thinks he's done for the year; if that's the case then he's just wrong.

Do these people use editors anymore?

WFGodot

Cancelled
Nov 3, 2017
AFL Club
Carlton

Both Teague and Russell have indicated he is travelling well, but a cautious approach should see in looking to poentially play in the 2nd half of the season. Who really knows... if it all comes together great but its best to be super cautious considering the set backs thus far.

Aug 30, 2017
Melbourne
AFL Club
Carlton
”End of the year” would mean in terms of the football year rather than December for example. We don’t use the word “season” to describe AFL like we would European football. So “year” in articles about AFL is Round 1 to 23.
Pretty sure Teague's interview with Tim & Gary in the last couple of days he said second half of the season and that we're taking a slow & cautious approach, which is no different to any of the other messaging we've heard of late.

That's the first time I've read/heard "until at least the end of the year." I suspect Peter Ryan has either made a mistake, made an assumption based on an opinion that Charlie won't get back on the park this year, or perhaps his editor has jumped in and changed the sentence... maybe they looked up some other articles on Charlie and accidentally found one from last year?

Back