Injury Blue Healers Medical Room - 2021

Remove this Banner Ad

Look at the way he was moving. It was very stiff

He’s clearly not anywhere near full fitness, and from there it would take at minimum a solid month of full training, then a month in the VFL.

it’s already round 7. It is probably not going to happen this year
You're amazing. That's my diagnosis.

JimmyD has gone a bit far but the training montage and Charlie's one kick don't exactly show much, it's all very tightly edited and trust is clearly an issue between the club and it's more online fans
Think Jimmy D needs to get back to the five n dime.

Aug 18, 2006
Melbourne
AFL Club
Carlton
I highly doubt that's the only thing he's doing. They wouldn't bother bringing him out and updating people by reinforcing a second half of season return if all he's doing is walking 3 steps and kicking a ball.

The post literally says hes been doing running and agility work (not having a go at you but others)- i did think it was a weird video to post though but maybe thats all he got on video.

Jun 4, 2016
AFL Club
Carlton
Something hit a nerve, I am so ever sorry.
No nerves, you've said something to cast doubt over the clubs fitness boss and backed it up with nothing except a further statement that also makes no sense, you said something as if it were a negative, when it probably isn't and backed it up with nonsense, then avoided again. Not asking you to spill the beans, just clarify what your 2 statements mean, because they're actually vague and meaningless as they stand.

No nerves struck, I don't know why you'd think that, it's as if you think you had that power.

Coops93

Brownlow Medallist
Aug 19, 2015
Gold Coast
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Arsenal, Denver Broncos
Iirc Casboult has been playing with an ongoing knee issue for years, it's not unreasonable to play him through it considering he's been doing it for a fair chunk of his career.

However maybe he just can't push through it as well anymore, he is the wrong side of 30 and has been a heavy boy for his career. It wouldn't be a huge shock.

Jun 4, 2016
AFL Club
Carlton
Forcing a player to play when he’s injured shouldn’t just be swept under the rug and accepted because Russell is the head of fitness, and what he says goes. There’s experts (Doctors and physios at the club) challenging and questioning his methods and He continues to ignore them.

Have also heard this from other clubs doctors and physios if it means anything.
Thanks for clarifying, wasn't sure if what you were saying implied Russel was ignoring or being ignored, if the coaching staff were overuling him because they fear no one can fill the structural position etc.

Other carlton drs and physio's? Or external to the club

mr_robot

Cancelled
Dec 2, 2017
AFL Club
Carlton
Forcing a player to play when he’s injured shouldn’t just be swept under the rug and accepted because Russell is the head of fitness, and what he says goes. There’s experts (Doctors and physios at the club) challenging and questioning his methods and He continues to ignore them.

We should be questioning his propensity towards utilising Frans Bosch's S+C methods.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

That's fine by me..
Give him the year. Bring him back for pre season training and Round 1
have you seen our traditional round 1 injury lists recently? the idea a lot of time off recuperating from injury means he will be good to go in march doesn't wash

mr_robot

Cancelled
Dec 2, 2017
AFL Club
Carlton
Googled FB. Interesting. Apart from questioning everything, why should we question this?
It's unsubstantiated voodoo S+C s**t. While some of it has its place, to neglect traditional S+C practice like Russell appears to is a big mistake. He says in the podcast below that he doesn't believe in gym work for AFL footballers:

While this was a few years ago, I hear his philosophy remains similar.

Are you a Dr?
If so, can you cover our players in silicon so they stop getting injured :thumbsupv1:

have you seen our traditional round 1 injury lists recently? the idea a lot of time off recuperating from injury means he will be good to go in march doesn't wash

This is going to change...

C. Curnow to take over pre season fitness, with the the new aerobic fence jumping at the night club drills
Next years round 1 injury list will be zero or they will be too pissed to feel any :thumbsupv1:

Crippa#9

Club Legend
Jun 19, 2007
Melbourne
AFL Club
Carlton
Now that the media is going to run with it, I will pass on what I’ve been told.

I heard they have had differing opinions. One expert has said he’s good to go now, the other has said wait until near the end of the season and see how he is.

He’s had no soreness through the knee at all.

Charlie wants to go now!

He won’t play a month in the VFL.

Two games max.

Have heard Rd.11/12 of possible return to VFL.

We cop it all week in the media about our rebuild.

Murphy singled out, but there are doubts we would omit our former captain.

Neck minnit, Murphy out with a vague, last minute injury at training (where no one was watching).

...coincidence much?

Stamos

Brownlow Medallist
Mar 30, 2010
AFL Club
Carlton
We cop it all week in the media about our rebuild.

Murphy singled out, but there are doubts we would omit our former captain.

Neck minnit, Murphy out with a vague, last minute injury at training (where no one was watching).

...coincidence much?
Well, given he slotted 2 and had 19 touches last week, but Betts and Gibbo survive, and he’s not playing 2s, coincidence would make more sense

Last edited:

BlueTang

Club Legend
Sep 26, 2018
AFL Club
Carlton
We’ll, given he slotted 2 and had 19 touches last week, but Betts and Gibbo survive, and he’s not playing 2s, coincidence would make more sense
What about all his other games this year? On paper those stats sound okay, but I don’t think it was a great performance nor do most of our supporters. He came equal 13th in the big footy votes for last weeks’ game.
Betts adds a lot of pressure and did some great creative things, just needed a smidgen more composure/luck. Gibbo has a few runs on the board still.
Murph getting rested makes sense to most

Stamos

Brownlow Medallist
Mar 30, 2010
AFL Club
Carlton
What about all his other games this year? On paper those stats sound okay, but I don’t think it was a great performance nor do most of our supporters. He came equal 13th in the big footy votes for last weeks’ game.
Betts adds a lot of pressure and did some great creative things, just needed a smidgen more composure/luck. Gibbo has a few runs on the board still.
Murph getting rested makes sense to most
Hasn’t been great at all, no problems with him going out, except that he was significantly better than a couple of the other small forwards. They should all be out ideally

Back