Injury Blue Healers Medical Room - 2021

Remove this Banner Ad

Does anyone know whether Williams “general soreness” is legitimately debilitating soreness throughout his body to the point he can’t move, or is it “I know what’s about to happen on Sunday and am bailing out early?”

Does anyone know whether Williams “general soreness” is legitimately debilitating soreness throughout his body to the point he can’t move, or is it “I know what’s about to happen on Sunday and am bailing out early?”
I was re watching some of the Bris game today, he got battered around quite a lot, I saw one marking contest where I think 3 bodies landed on him.
Why would you want to miss our third win of the year? Crazy talk

We cop it all week in the media about our rebuild.

Murphy singled out, but there are doubts we would omit our former captain.

Neck minnit, Murphy out with a vague, last minute injury at training (where no one was watching).

...coincidence much?
We've had all and sundry telling us that Murphy has been guaranteed to get to 300 asap. Surely if this was the case and he wasn't injured the club would just have made him the sub where he gets credited another game regardless of whether he gets on.
Call me an anti conspiracy theorist but I think that he is just injured.

What's going to happen on sunday that can be so bad. We are playing a team that we should beat.
I read it that he has soreness that makes the match committee believe that he wouldn't be able to perform to the standard of his potential replacement.

What's going to happen on sunday that can be so bad. We are playing a team that we should beat.
I read it that he has soreness that makes the match committee believe that he wouldn't be able to perform to the standard of his potential replacement.
Still that's weird he's rested for general soreness when Casboult is asked to limp his way through a 7th game in a row with 0 mobility.

It's only weird if you have inside knowledge as to how sore each of them are/were. I don't and am pretty sure nobody else on here does either.
You don't think 6 games of evidence is enough to determine that Cas is playing so below his level is enough? Let alone that we've had inside word he's playing injured...

Different standards and requirements for different players, saads playing really sore too. 'Weird' is a fine word to describe something unexplainable. If you have inside knowledge it wouldn't be weird because you'd know the exact reasoning....

Disappointed for McGovern, thought he was quite good defensively from a pressure POV and building into some form. Sucks.

Agree, will we ever get the first or second choice forward line together?

Jack probably would have been back this week and therefore only missing Curnow.

McGovern has the rest of this year and next to get it together, looked a bad hammy though so can’t see him back in the 1’s for 6-8 weeks

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

McGovern has the rest of this year and next to get it together, looked a bad hammy though so can’t see him back in the 1’s for 6-8 weeks

I'm expecting it to be a regulation 4 weeker, hopefully. We (he) just can't change our injury fortunes. Forward line keeps taking hits.

Wouldn't jack Martin or Zac fisher be in our best forward line?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

No updates on the Carlton site yet but the AFL site has an updated injury list:
Dow and McGovern listed as TBC
Carroll, Murphy, Williams and Silvagni listed as Test
Martin 2 weeks
Kemp 2-3 weeks
Fisher 5-6 weeks
McDonald 10-12 weeks
Marchbank Season
Charlie indefinite

Kemp has slipped back, hasn’t he?
Maybe for the return post-VFL bye.
Martin a week schedule behind too, if still 2 weeks away.

No updates on the Carlton site yet but the AFL site has an updated injury list:
Dow and McGovern listed as TBC
Carroll, Murphy, Williams and Silvagni listed as Test
Martin 2 weeks
Kemp 2-3 weeks
Fisher 5-6 weeks
McDonald 10-12 weeks
Marchbank Season
Charlie indefinite
McGovern 8-10 weeks meaning season allowing for the factored add ons every Tuesday …

Remove this Banner Ad

Back