Injury Blue Healers Medical Room - 2021

Jimmyonesix

Premiership Player
Jun 7, 2019
AFL Club
Carlton
They just seem to add weeks for fun 🥴 they can't be ready till there ready I know but jeez Louise 3 weeks is 6 in carlton time .. poor mcgovern might aswell be season for him unfortunately- JSOS shoulders worry me but club know more than I - Fischer still long way off maybe round 15-17... but was impressed how well TDK and Newman came back ..

Mondyboy

Norm Smith Medallist
Oct 16, 2016
AFL Club
Carlton
While the McGovern news is not great, and while I thought Martin would be back sooner than 3 weeks, it’s still a pretty decent injury report.

Just getting JSOS back is big and I look forward to seeing (if it’s televised) Jack C playing his first game in the reserves. I’m also excited that Kemp is two weeks away from debuting in the VFL.

All going well, for the Hawthorn game we will have most of our list available - whether playing VFL or AFL - except for the obvious cases.

Of course all this assumes no Thursday night surprises. Or in game injuries. Or curses.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

El Topo

Norm Smith Medallist
Jun 18, 2013
the wilderness
AFL Club
Carlton
They just seem to add weeks for fun 🥴 they can't be ready till there ready I know but jeez Louise 3 weeks is 6 in carlton time .. poor mcgovern might aswell be season for him unfortunately- JSOS shoulders worry me but club know more than I - Fischer still long way off maybe round 15-17... but was impressed how well TDK and Newman came back ..

reckon there's some 'week inflation' because of the VFL bye

Mr_Plow

That name again...
May 18, 2008
Melbourne
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Red Wings
Seems that his body will never be able to handle the rigours of AFL.

Marchbank, Charlie, McGov... what could have been.

Strangely, I am fairly optimistic about Charlie and to a lesser extent, Marchbank.

Although he's missed so much football, Caleb doing his ACL is not a disastrous thing. Misses effectively 2-3 years, but I'm considering it a case of him being disintegrated (allow his co-existing injuries to be optimised), and if rebuilt correctly (a long shot), may yet have a career.

This really is his last attempt, though, approaching 25. Aim for round 1 next year.

The concern with McGovern is the continual soft tissue injuries, at the age of 26. That's bad.

teagueyubeauty

Norm Smith Medallist
Oct 5, 2004
Somewhere there
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Liverpool, Yankees

Doro

Collective Narcissism Support Group
Sep 22, 2011
62 West Wallaby St.
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Wensleydale Wanderers
Doc, is there a chance he made it worse when he attempted a tackle on the way off the ground?
Just watched the last 3 minutes again. Govs limping effort at a tackle indicated the tear was significant. Damage was already done. Sux, he was looking good.

azlou

Club Legend
Mar 31, 2010
hampton
AFL Club
Carlton
Strangely, I am fairly optimistic about Charlie and to a lesser extent, Marchbank.

Although he's missed so much football, Caleb doing his ACL is not a disastrous thing. Misses effectively 2-3 years, but I'm considering it a case of him being disintegrated (allow his co-existing injuries to be optimised), and if rebuilt correctly (a long shot), may yet have a career.

This really is his last attempt, though, approaching 25. Aim for round 1 next year.

The concern with McGovern is the continual soft tissue injuries, at the age of 26. That's bad.
Didn’t Treloar do some hammys he seams to be going alright

Back